Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-05-2007, 11:34 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Soft Sky or Bashful Blue

Okay so I really like Soft Sky but I don't want to invest my money b/c I already bought three of the in colors and I will be so sad when they are not "in" anymore.

I really like Soft Sky but I am thinking maybe I should add Bashful Blue to my collection as it is a staple SU color? I think it is Bashful Blue that is close to Soft Sky?

What do you think?

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Default wondering the same thing

I've been having the same thoughts as you, so I'm subscribing to hear what others think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2007, 12:26 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

I know isn't so hard to decide what to do? I really like the in colors but at the same time I just can't buy them all b/c they aren't going to be around all that long. Hopefully we will get some good feedback and our decision will be easier.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2007, 12:28 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

While you may think they are very similar, they really aren't. You have until at least May to stock up on your In Color favorites. Personally, I could live without the paper. But, I've already starting stockpiling in refills because I really like it for watercoloring skies. (I also like Wild Wasabi for grass.) Bashful Blue is a nice color too. I know this was absolutely no help. But, I say enjoy the Soft Sky while you can.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2007, 12:49 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I am a very blue person ... my favourite colour. I prefer the Bashful Blue to the Sky Blue. I find the Sky Blue too "green" for me ... does that make sense?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 01:08 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb_loves_stampingView Post
I am a very blue person ... my favourite colour. I prefer the Bashful Blue to the Sky Blue. I find the Sky Blue too "green" for me ... does that make sense?
Oh it definitely has a greenish hue to it. I think that's why I don't care about the paper all that much. I bought the pad because I had the paper and there was nothing, except Versamark, that I could use to stamp on the paper for that very reason. I thought the really light blue from Rich Regals (name escapes me at this early hour) might work but it so doesn't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 02:42 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

As much as I'd love to buy all the in colors every year, and could stock pile, I've decided to just pick one a year. This makes no sense, other than it works for me. I'm not a huge fan of the concept as I like to invest in products for the long haul and I'm running out of room for new colors!

This year I chose Wild Wasabi because it seems the most different of the regular SU colors. So far I haven't even opened the package. Duh.

I have bashful blue and it is a must have IMHO. I would go with that! Unless you have the money and space for all, then get everything!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 03:25 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

I am a collector person. I like complete sets of things, so my suggestion is to work on getting all the 48 basic colors first. I am assuming that you don't have a complete set yet so focus on that, then when that is complete, start adding the in colors as you need/like (is there a difference between need and like???) them. Personally, I love the in color plan and like getting all of them. I just wish they would let us continue to order more until the supplies run out rather then cutting it off at a certain date. I wouldn't even mind if the price went up a bit afterwards and I guess I am secretly hoping they will eventually bring them all back some how as I fell in love with True Thyme over the summer and I know I don't have enough of it to last me as long as I am going to love it. I am also a color person and just relish all the beauty in color. I use colors based on my moods and I love playing with color combos. Long story short, buy all 48 AND the in colors! hahahaha, I know I am no help but had to say it anyways.

Jodi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 04:26 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

I really like Soft Sky but I find I use Bashful blue ALOT!! If you do any baby themed pages BBlue seems to fit perfect for those. Also Soft Sky has a green tint to it. It really isn't a true blue.

Hope that helps,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 05:02 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The In Colors I have that are a must to me are Purely Pomegranate-Wild Wasabi & Sky blue. I am also going to get the Riverrock. I do not like the Groovy Guava and will not be getting this at all. I got the assorted pack of cardstock and only 1/2 sheet of that color. I just do not like it. Blue Bayou I can live without as well. I always stock up on the cardstock befoer they retire. I still have a pack of each of the last in-colors when I bought 2 of each! I did not buy the pads this year though , only the re-inkers. I had some old spots that were dried out and rinsed them out and inked them with my in-color inkers. Works perfect and it cut down the cost for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 05:08 AM   #11  
Forum Fanatic

I'm still mourning the loss of Cool Caribbean. Now THAT was a beautiful
color!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 05:18 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

I have Bashful Blue and use it all the time, and not just for baby cards. I love how it goes w/Certainly Celery and Almost Amethyst which are two colors I've been using a lot lately.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Well, I really do appreciate everyone's comments. Currently I have all the Bold Brights, Purely Pomegrante, Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou and I think those are all the in colors I will get. I like the idea of investing in more of the 48 colors before I splurge on any more of the in colors. Last year I didn't buy any and I am happy b/c now I don't have to be sad that I ran out of those colors.

While it is fun to have more colors I think it is more practical to invest in the 48 staple colors---Just my humble opinion.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 12:27 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavvyKatView Post
While it is fun to have more colors I think it is more practical to invest in the 48 staple colors---Just my humble opinion.
I agree with your humble opinion! I would focus on the "core" products that should be around for more than one year. The Bashful Blue is really a GREAT color, and it's not just for baby boys. Super pretty!

But, I have to admit that I own all of the current In-Colors and LOVE them!

Last edited by StampinWithTara; 11-06-2007 at 12:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 01:03 PM   #15  
Mad Swapper

Bashful Blue is my vote.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 03:21 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bashful blue is so pretty, and I don't even usually love blue colors. I use it all the time with chocolate chip and so saffron. I think you will like it and won't be disappointed since it will be around for a while.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 03:31 PM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavvyKatView Post
Well, I really do appreciate everyone's comments. Currently I have all the Bold Brights, Purely Pomegrante, Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou .

Well, now that you mention that you have blue bayou....I have to say that I LOVE it with soft sky and not quite navy! It is my new favorite color combo!!!

Jodi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 03:38 PM   #18  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoutpupView Post
Well, now that you mention that you have blue bayou....I have to say that I LOVE it with soft sky and not quite navy! It is my new favorite color combo!!!

Jodi
That's my opinion-I think those 3 are all shades of the same color and NQN was already my fave!
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 09:44 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Default memorial service for Cool Carribean

Oh, so I have to have my little rant about the in-colors. Unfortunately for me, I happend to ADORE River Rock, Sky Blue and Blue Bayou. DANG! So I bought a pack of each. I love Pomegranate and Wild Wasabi, but had to draw the line. I am running out of room. I like that they keep up with whatever is hot and trendy, but hate it when it retires.

I did keep one pack of Cool Carribean and will start using it again in the spring and summer. When it is gone, it is gone. How sad. I may have to have a paper memorial service for my beloved CC. :(

Maybe one of these years, I will "grow up" and get over this affliction. All I can hope for is UGLY in colors next year. Really. I hope they are ugly. It's the only thing that will save me!:rolleyes:

MY GALLERY

"Do Not Take Yourself too Seriously.... No One Else Does"

Last edited by denidill; 11-06-2007 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2007, 05:37 AM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by denidillView Post
...I did keep one pack of Cool Carribean and will start using it again in the spring and summer. When it is gone, it is gone. How sad. I may have to have a paper memorial service for my beloved CC. :(

Maybe one of these years, I will "grow up" and get over this affliction. All I can hope for is UGLY in colors next year. Really. I hope they are ugly. It's the only thing that will save me!:rolleyes:
Oh my gosh...you are sooooo funny! I am hoarding my CC as well, and get a little pain in my heart knowing that it is really living on borrowed time. Like you, I unfortunately LOVE the current In-Colors too. Just when I think I have a complete favorite, I find another one that takes its place. What a vicious cycle! I guess this is why my DH refers to SU effectionately as "Scammin Up" - since they are contstantly coming out with new things that I just "have" to get.

Here's hoping I hate the next In-Colors. I'm completely running out of room to store everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2007, 08:47 AM   #21  
Crimping Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I blame all you wonderful ladies and your great cards I see on here. I have to keep buying packs of cs because I just have to make these cards. lol Seriously, I loved Buckaroo blue so much I bought a pad, reinker and three pads. I haven't made a single card with it since the new colors came into being. I just love all the new in colors and bought all the papers and all the inks. I get one card in my head and then had to get that cs in a single purchase. Someday I am going to be able to make a cards all on my own.

I would say if you like soft sky stock up on the cs. I order on a monthly basis from my demo so I just order extra packs of those colors I use up on a regular basis.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes