Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-27-2012, 06:22 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grand Calibur questions

I have a Cricut, a Big Shot, and a Vagabond. Recently I've begun thinking about a Grand Calibur but I am wondering about the quality of the machine and if it's worth it. I have an opportunity to get one for around $70 and wanted to know everyone's thought on whether I should add this to my stable of machines. Pros and cons anyone. I just keep wishing some company would come out with a super machine that handles everything that combines all the features of the best machines!

Mary

Last edited by primitiveseasons; 06-27-2012 at 06:26 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

I agree Mary . I too am on the fence about the purchase of the Grand Calibur. From the info I have gotten and read, I think I will be taking the plunge.
I am curious as to what others have to say who own it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't own any of the other machines you have, so I can't offer a comparison. I do have a Cuttlebug and have not regretted adding the Grand Calibur to my "stable" of machines. It is absolutely excellent for cutting and embossing detailed dies and any of the Spellbinders dies.

I prefer my Cuttlebug for embossing folders, and of course it's invaluable for using other styles of die (steel rule, etc.) that aren't the wafer thin type.

There's also the convenience of having my small machine for quick, small, simple items (takes up less room on the table, quick to get out and put away), and the big GC for large or extra-long items.

Perhaps some others will weigh in with a comparison between the GC and some of the machines you already own. Good luck with your decision!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I can definitely recommend the Grand Calibur! I bought mine last November and have not regretted it a bit. I was using my Big Kick to cut with my Spellbinder dies and it was not giving me the detail on the embossing (which I think is very important and what sets Spellbinders apart from other dies).

I have had no issues with the GC and use it almost everday. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2012, 04:51 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I recommend the Grand Calibur also. No issues here either. As I am getting older cranking machines is getting harder. I am thinking about the Vagabond and trying to find information on it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2012, 05:31 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by eboydView Post
I recommend the Grand Calibur also. No issues here either. As I am getting older cranking machines is getting harder. I am thinking about the Vagabond and trying to find information on it.
Just wanted to share with you! I have a Vagabond machine that I purchased last winter and in my honest opinion it is GREAT!!!! I have used it quite a bit for cutting out my nestie's and embossing. Very user friendly. I spent A LOT of time researching this machine before I purchased it. You can also go to you tube and watch some videos on it, which I did quite a few times before I purchased it!!! The vagabond is definitely a workhorse!!

Good luck in your decision making!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2012, 05:46 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Default vagabond

Some of the earlier threads had the machine catching on fire. A friend of mine has one but she has had no problems. I hope they have corrected the bugs.
Reply With Quote Likes