Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #41  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

THANK YOU!!!! STILL, NOT A BAD DEAL!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 254 Likes on 137 Posts

Just checked out the site to look at the Score Buddy. I like the size and the multiple consistent markings, but as I envision using it, it seems that if you put the paper up against the edge on the left and want to make a 1/8th inch or even a 1/4th inch score that your left hand holding the paper would get in the way of your right hand scoring. It seems designed for a left hander (and being married to one know he would say that it was about time), but maybe I'm wrong in what I envision. All you righties out there give me your input. Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2010, 09:12 PM   #43  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
it seems that if you put the paper up against the edge on the left and want to make a 1/8th inch or even a 1/4th inch score that your left hand holding the paper would get in the way of your right hand scoring.
I'm a rightie and here's a great tip I just saw on Gina K's website: There's no law that says you must place the board in any particular direction on your table. Once you choose the groove you want to score and place your paper down, you could turn the board so that the grooves are running horizontally, or turn it right around so that the "fence" is on the right side.

It was a light bulb moment for me -- you really only need to place the board in the "normal" way in order to read the measurements (unless you're really good at reading upside down, lol). But if you know you want to use the 1/8" groove, or 2/8" etc., for a tiny distance that your hand might cover, just invert the board, count over from the "fence" and score away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2010, 01:26 AM   #44  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol WView Post
I'm a rightie and here's a great tip I just saw on Gina K's website: There's no law that says you must place the board in any particular direction on your table. Once you choose the groove you want to score and place your paper down, you could turn the board so that the grooves are running horizontally, or turn it right around so that the "fence" is on the right side.

It was a light bulb moment for me -- you really only need to place the board in the "normal" way in order to read the measurements (unless you're really good at reading upside down, lol). But if you know you want to use the 1/8" groove, or 2/8" etc., for a tiny distance that your hand might cover, just invert the board, count over from the "fence" and score away.
Hi Carol,
I saw the video too, it really shows off the Scor Buddy. Your "light bulb" is excellent.
Monica M
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2010, 03:46 AM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had placed my order with Scor-Pal for the Buddy and when it processed the order indicated it was a pre-order. Strangely the site didn't say anything about pre-order when I placed it. I then got another e-mail stating it would be shipped in the next 5 days when they receive them.

Got an e-mail this morning stating it was shipped. So if the Pony Express stays on the trail, I should have it by Tuesday I figure. From WA to NJ shouldn't be longer than that.

I will wait patiently but anxiously.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2010, 07:55 AM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 254 Likes on 137 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol WView Post

Now why didn't I think of that? Thanks for the tip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2010, 08:57 AM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

I ordered my Scor Buddy from Cut @ Home. Just got an email today that says that this item is being shipped, literally, so may not be in the retailer's warehouse until late July. 'I must be patient, I must be patient, etc.'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2010, 01:18 AM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

I sent to a stamping party tonight and my friend GAVE me a scor-buddy as a gift! I'm so excited! I've got the full sized Scor Pal and love it, but the buddy is handy for on my table!

Super that it comes with it's little storage bag, too!

Can't wait to try it out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2010, 01:37 AM   #49  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,553 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Got mine yesterday and I can't WAIT to try it! It's insanely adorable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2010, 03:44 AM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

I got mine on Monday! 4 days shipping via the USPS and that included a weekend. Can't beat that shipping speed from WA to NJ! I ordered directly from the Scor-Pal website.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2010, 06:31 PM   #51  
Kookie Creator

I was wondering if I should order one but wasn't sure since I have the Score pal if I needed one. Thanks for all the info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #52  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi,

I am waiting for my Scor Buddy to come in, ordered it tuesday night from Cropstop.com and they sent me an email today saying that they were getting in the mat too next week. so while in a meeting today. (Really I was paying attention) I order the mat.

Now I can't wait!! I want my new toys.
Mom's Doll Shop: www.dollsofmydreams.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #53  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Scor-Pal or Martha Stewart's Scoring Board???

Please let me know which is better to purchase? I already own a Scor-It and don't like it.
Thanks!
Gay Ferland
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #54  
Insane Embellisher

Scor-Pal! Both sizes are great. I take the mini to class and use the standard one ALL THE TIME!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #55  
Polyshrink Goddess

Scor Pal is the best in my opinion, I have both also & luv them! Couldn't do without it. I would start out with the big one first.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2010, 06:20 AM   #56  
Mad Swapper

While I prefer the MS Score board for the larger size, I'm anxious to get the Scor-Buddy to take with me to shoebox swaps, as there are inevitably people who don't pre-score the cardstock. The Scor-Buddy sounds like it would fit nicely into my bag. I think I'm off to Archiver's and see if they have any in stock! Thanks for enabling!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #57  
Mad Swapper

Just got it from Archiver's with a 30% off coupon-- and I'm delighted! The size is perfect to put in my bag for my swaps. Thanks for the head's up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #58  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikiBeeView Post
Just got it from Archiver's with a 30% off coupon-- and I'm delighted! The size is perfect to put in my bag for my swaps. Thanks for the head's up!
Waaah. I just ordered from Scor-pal for my sis. Didn't realize they have it at Archivers already. I could have waited and used a coupon!!! Does Archivers have the mat, too?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #59  
Kookie Creator

I just got mine today and it's AWESOME! LOVE it! It's going to be great for packing in my bag to take along to crops and such.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2010, 12:41 AM   #60  
Matboard Maniac

I got mine last week. I love the little drawstring bag it came with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by monniegirlView Post
Got my scor buddy yesterday and got to play with it tonight!! If I could only use one word to sum it up, it would be "awesome". Light weight, super easy to handle and the same perfect grooves. When you butt the cardstock up against the left side, you can make a 1/8 inch groove ( fold)--it has grooves for 1/8 ,2/8 (1/4), 3/8, 4/8 (1/2)--right up to 1 inch. And it goes right across to 6 and 5/8 inches. On the right side, it is flush ( no lip) so it can easily allow you to work with a sheet that is 12 inches wide. We can now make so many folds with this new baby. My most favorite thing about the scor buddy is the 1/8 groove. The possibilities are fantastic. I love making cards and like most everyone else, want them to look pretty, and be pleasing to the eye. On the front of my cards, I like to make a 1/8 inch reveal with my designer paper or another sheet of cardstock and work the other sizes down from there. Well, in my head it is that ( 1/8 reveal), but sometimes it doesn't line up so perfect. My husband taught me a trick--measure 1/8 down in each corner and put a pin hole and it would be marked and I could lay my paper down. So, along comes the scor buddy--I laid my cardstock down and made a "tiny" mark ( you can make the mark so it is not close to the edge of the cardstock and no one will ever see it) with the attached bone folder and did the same thing--saved me time and no tiny holes either. Awesome.
And, like everyone else said, it is great to take on trips or get together with friends to make cards.
The magnet is great too--ok, mine was not attached, but heck,I put a little glue on it and it is holding great. I was thinking, why a magnet--silly question, huh? It is great when you are making a card and can't find those little brads that you pulled out--now they are right where you put them, not rolling around the table.
Can you tell I really like it? Oh, almost forgot, it comes with it's own little materal bag with a zipper. If I could add anything to the Scor Buddy, it would be the mat like on the scor pal--hint, hint Diana!!!

Monica
When you say 1/8 in reveal what do you mean by that? My interpretation is you put a mark on the DP 1/8 in from top and sides and then lay your CS down which is 1/8 in smaller all around then your DP and then the CS is layed straight on the DP and the 1/8 in edge is revealed?? Is that what you mean? This is the first I have heard this term so just wondering. Thx.
Reply With Quote Likes