Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Scor Buddy--it is awesome

Got my scor buddy yesterday and got to play with it tonight!! If I could only use one word to sum it up, it would be "awesome". Light weight, super easy to handle and the same perfect grooves. When you butt the cardstock up against the left side, you can make a 1/8 inch groove ( fold)--it has grooves for 1/8 ,2/8 (1/4), 3/8, 4/8 (1/2)--right up to 1 inch. And it goes right across to 6 and 5/8 inches. On the right side, it is flush ( no lip) so it can easily allow you to work with a sheet that is 12 inches wide. We can now make so many folds with this new baby. My most favorite thing about the scor buddy is the 1/8 groove. The possibilities are fantastic. I love making cards and like most everyone else, want them to look pretty, and be pleasing to the eye. On the front of my cards, I like to make a 1/8 inch reveal with my designer paper or another sheet of cardstock and work the other sizes down from there. Well, in my head it is that ( 1/8 reveal), but sometimes it doesn't line up so perfect. My husband taught me a trick--measure 1/8 down in each corner and put a pin hole and it would be marked and I could lay my paper down. So, along comes the scor buddy--I laid my cardstock down and made a "tiny" mark ( you can make the mark so it is not close to the edge of the cardstock and no one will ever see it) with the attached bone folder and did the same thing--saved me time and no tiny holes either. Awesome.
And, like everyone else said, it is great to take on trips or get together with friends to make cards.
The magnet is great too--ok, mine was not attached, but heck,I put a little glue on it and it is holding great. I was thinking, why a magnet--silly question, huh? It is great when you are making a card and can't find those little brads that you pulled out--now they are right where you put them, not rolling around the table.
Can you tell I really like it? Oh, almost forgot, it comes with it's own little materal bag with a zipper. If I could add anything to the Scor Buddy, it would be the mat like on the scor pal--hint, hint Diana!!!

Monica
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I got mine yesterday as well and second everything you said! It is awesome. I had to glue my little magnet on as well but no big deal. I am going to a stamp camp tomorrow and cannot wait to show it off!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #3  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Okay - if each of you send me $5 for enabling me to buy it, then we'll be all good!! I want it now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2010, 04:41 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Lydia, you won't be sorry-honest. I've seen some of the other ones, and this is the best. The cardstock or designer paper won't "bounce" up out of the grooves and it gives a great impression. You can put tons of things on the magnet part--like I said, those little brads or charms, or the stick pins that eveyone is now using.
Love to help enable people
Monica
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2010, 07:33 PM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I can't stand it, you must share where you got your Buddy! I've been lusting after this tool since I first heard it was coming out and have waited patiently...until now. Who has it in stock and ready to ship?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2010, 12:27 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Hi, I got mine at: http://www.scor-pal.com/ Per their site, they are expecting it to arrive June 30th !!And will ship as soon as they receive them. If you go on their site and click on the scor buddy and bring the image up and then enlarge it, it shows everything up close. It is awesome, really. The magnet is located in the back under the words "scor buddy"--so when you lay your little brads, or charms or hat pins on the the words "scor buddy" it really sticks. The shipping is super fast too.
Monica M
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2010, 04:48 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got mine a few days ago but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I luv it, it's so darn cute & I'm sure it will work just great too, that's the reason I bought it. I luv my big scor pal so I wanted one that I can put into my bag whenever I travel. I had no trouble with the magnet, mine was firmly attached. Yes, I agree with you Monica, I would love to have a mat to go along with it.....Diana are you listening??? PLEASE???

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2010, 04:53 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I can't wait to order mine... Glad to hear all of you love yours... I am sure I will too. I love all of Scor-PAl's products!!

Sheena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2010, 05:09 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

I agree! Diana has THE best stuff!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2010, 05:17 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Shenna
I use their other products too. I was spending so much money on other tape and decided to try the scor tape awhile back--- gosh, the money I've saved, plus being able to tear it and put it on even "tiny" project and knowing it will really stick and stay!! My favorite is the 1/4 inch and the 1/8 inch. I use the 1/8 on the flowers and never worry that they will fall on.
Monica M
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2010, 05:17 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got mine two days ago, and it looks great! The magnet was loose too, but our good ol' craft glues will keep it in place. Great idea! I can't wait to take it to my next card swap next week! I am going to use the heck out of it today though, as I have some cards to make! This is going to be so much fun!!
I love my original Score-Pal, I use it every time I make a card, but now this one will be great for stamp classes and swaps!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2010, 05:55 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by monniegirlView Post
Hi Shenna
I use their other products too. I was spending so much money on other tape and decided to try the scor tape awhile back--- gosh, the money I've saved, plus being able to tear it and put it on even "tiny" project and knowing it will really stick and stay!! My favorite is the 1/4 inch and the 1/8 inch. I use the 1/8 on the flowers and never worry that they will fall on.
Monica M
Those are my favorite sizes too! I also love ALL of Diana's scorPal products & have them all.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Hi everyone,
I just went into Diana's post (Pre-order the new Scor-Buddy) here on SCS and she said there is a mat for the score buddy. !! Yeah Diana--we are all doing the happy dance now. It will be coming soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

I would like one of theses as well. I love my Scor-Pal, but I don't like that the groves are not consistant. The one question that I have is does the Scor-Buddy have the 4 1/4 line marked off like they do on the Scor-Pal? I couldn't tell from the photo if it was marked off and I love not having to count the lines out everytime I go to score my card for a fold line. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackie1View Post
I would like one of theses as well. I love my Scor-Pal, but I don't like that the groves are not consistant. The one question that I have is does the Scor-Buddy have the 4 1/4 line marked off like they do on the Scor-Pal? I couldn't tell from the photo if it was marked off and I love not having to count the lines out everytime I go to score my card for a fold line. Thanks.
Hi,
That is another GREAT point!! It is marked!! Diana kept the best of everything and added to it--and did you see in one of my messages above that there will be a mat too? Oh happy day
Monica M
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #16  
Mad Swapper

I am glad to hear that it has the marks for scoring cards, this is a big plus, now to just find the funds and order it. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 06:55 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 667 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Monica...

Monica,

Two questions:

-What do you mean by a "1/8 inch reveal?
-Is the Scor-Buddy the same size as a Scor-Pal or smaller?

TIA :-) LM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monniegirlView Post
Got my scor buddy yesterday and got to play with it tonight!! If I could only use one word to sum it up, it would be "awesome". Light weight, super easy to handle and the same perfect grooves. When you butt the cardstock up against the left side, you can make a 1/8 inch groove ( fold)--it has grooves for 1/8 ,2/8 (1/4), 3/8, 4/8 (1/2)--right up to 1 inch. And it goes right across to 6 and 5/8 inches. On the right side, it is flush ( no lip) so it can easily allow you to work with a sheet that is 12 inches wide. We can now make so many folds with this new baby. My most favorite thing about the scor buddy is the 1/8 groove. The possibilities are fantastic. I love making cards and like most everyone else, want them to look pretty, and be pleasing to the eye. On the front of my cards, I like to make a 1/8 inch reveal with my designer paper or another sheet of cardstock and work the other sizes down from there. Well, in my head it is that ( 1/8 reveal), but sometimes it doesn't line up so perfect. My husband taught me a trick--measure 1/8 down in each corner and put a pin hole and it would be marked and I could lay my paper down. So, along comes the scor buddy--I laid my cardstock down and made a "tiny" mark ( you can make the mark so it is not close to the edge of the cardstock and no one will ever see it) with the attached bone folder and did the same thing--saved me time and no tiny holes either. Awesome.
And, like everyone else said, it is great to take on trips or get together with friends to make cards.
The magnet is great too--ok, mine was not attached, but heck,I put a little glue on it and it is holding great. I was thinking, why a magnet--silly question, huh? It is great when you are making a card and can't find those little brads that you pulled out--now they are right where you put them, not rolling around the table.
Can you tell I really like it? Oh, almost forgot, it comes with it's own little materal bag with a zipper. If I could add anything to the Scor Buddy, it would be the mat like on the scor pal--hint, hint Diana!!!

Monica

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 08:47 AM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

HI,
Sometimes people use different words for the same thing--so, I apologize. reveal and layering are the same thing in this house ( my husband cuts my paper for me and he couldn't understand what I wanted and said--"oh, you want a reveal t show" and it just stuck.) I am sorry, I never even gave that a thought.
But, no errors with the Scor-Buddy, it really is awesome. Well, the orverall size is approx 7 and 1/4 inches wide and length is approx 9 inches. The work surface is approx 7 inches long with groves that start at 1/8 inch and has score marks every 1/8 up to 1 inch. Make sense? The actual score lines go from 1/8 and ends at 6 and 5/8. The board has 1/8 and 1/4 inch groves. The 1/4 groves are right across the board---the 1/8 groves are from 1/8 inch up to 1 ", then again at 2 1/8 again at 3 5/8", again at 5 7/8 and every 1/8" to the end which is 6 5/8 inches.
Now, the difference in the length from the approx 7' to 9" is because on the top of the groove marks is the "ruler" .Above that is the attached bone folder on the right and on the left of that is the logo Scor-Buddy that actually is the "magnet". The magnet is located under the board out of site. But the magnet is super. Put your brads, charms, hair pins, paper clips--you name it. If it can stick to a magnet, it will stick to the scor buddy and hold.
Check out the picture of it on: http://www.scor-pal.com/ --click on products, then another page will come up. Click on Scor-Buddy mni under categories and an image will show. Click on that and it shows it all
Hope this helps
Monica
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 11:16 AM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

I'm doing the Happy Dance too about the Scor-Buddy Mat. Got my Scor-Buddy last week...It is so cute and the little cover is a really nice as well. I'm a happy girl.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Default Got my Scor-Buddy

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanda50View Post
I'm doing the Happy Dance too about the Scor-Buddy Mat. Got my Scor-Buddy last week...It is so cute and the little cover is a really nice as well. I'm a happy girl.
I love my Scor-Pal and mat. I've ordered the Scor-Buddy. If there are two open sides, how does a mat stay in there? Curious minds want to know.
If they make it, I will buy it!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 05:52 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

I was thinking about that too. So I went over to my Scor-Pal and when I picked it up and held it just above my desk nothing moved ( of course) and when I tipped it upright and a few inches off my esk--it did slide down ( off the board). So, my best guess is--the Scor Buddy is so light to hold in your hand--that when you pick it up, your thumb would be on top holding it and the rest of your fingres would be under it. On Diana's Scor Pal site here on SCS, she did say the mat is 7' x 7" and that would fit perfect in the open area of the board--nice and snug against the lip ( which also happens to be a ruler too) on the left hand side. So between that and the top "lip" ( the groove ruler), it should stay there pretty good. Just quessing, but a thought.
Monica
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2010, 06:19 AM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

Default Got my Scor-Buddy

Maybe there will be something on the mat to keep it from moving. Just thinking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2010, 08:16 AM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for all the comments re: the Scor Buddy and the magnet. I didn't even realize mine HAD a magnet until I read these posts. I went and checked it and the magnet was there but then promptly fell out. All is well since I found it and stuck it back on with adhesive.

It is a great tool, by the way.

Megan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

The Mat is designed to help with lining up layers, quick measurements and small cuts because of the size of the Mat. It stays in place while you are cutting as it is on a flat surface. It is also great for stamping on the reverse shiny side. It should be here in a few weeks.
I am very thankful for everyone's positive response to the Scor-Buddy and am thrilled you feel it fills that void for something portable to take to classes etc or if you have a smaller working area.
hugs, Diana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 03:53 AM   #25  
Inking Addict

Thumbs up

Haven't seen it here yet :( (NZ) I have the Imperial and the metric scor-pal and LOVE both
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 04:54 AM   #26  
Stampin' Fool

Can you get the score buddy at Archivers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 05:18 AM   #27  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I have one coming too, I can't wait, glad to see the good review, I love my big scor-pal too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 06:01 AM   #28  
Glitter Queen

Location: I live in Rock Island, IL. It is 1 of the cities know as the Quad Cities

just ordered mine and can't wait to play. the good reviews made me want it right away. thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 07:29 AM   #29  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampermomof2View Post
Can you get the score buddy at Archivers?
I emailed Archivers the first of June, and got a reply that they would be carrying the ScorBuddy when it came out. I waited a few weeks and then called my local Archivers (Eden Prairie, MN) and they said they'd had them but were all sold out. They are expecting more to come in, but didn't know when. So call and keep calling your Archivers! And save that 30% coupon!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in HIM. Romans 15:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 08:19 AM   #30  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love the Scor-Buddy. The smaller size is just perfect for cardmakers to keep on their already cluttered tables. I've used mine for about a week now and really am enjoying it.

One tip: when I'm scoring many lines close together, say 1/4", 1/2", 3/4", etc. the paper has a tendency to curl on the side against the *wall*; so, I just score from the outside in: 3/4", 1/2", 1/4". That way my cardstock stays flat and straight.

Thank you, Scor-Pal people. Your products are terrific.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #31  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

OK Ladies!! Where is "Dianas' Post" here on SCS, that I can order my ScorBuddy? Another thing that is nice is the PRICE!!!! I enjoy reading all your comments!!!! Thank You!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #32  
Insane Embellisher

That's it - I'M JEALOUS - Mine isn't here yet! It's on it way though! I can hardly wait for it to get here so I can play, play, play! I have the original one and I love it so much more than the MS even though you can't do 1/8" scores - BUT NOW YOU CAN! I also have a tip - when I am scoring I move the paper down just a bit so that I start off the paper. That gives me a nice score on the top and the bottom of the paper. (Someone may have already mentioned this but I was so jealous I just had to let it all out! LOL) Thanks for your tip TLady! I'm way too excited - I had to add something else! I am blessed big time to be able to go to the Stampin' Up Convention - and now I will have my little Scor-Buddy to take along. I am a perfectionist and like my cards to fold straight.

Last edited by ShariW; 06-23-2010 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: Needed to add another happy thought!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #33  
Insane Embellisher

Here ya go TLady...this is the link I used to order mine with.

http://www.scor-pal.com/store/index....roducts_id=310
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #34  
Inking Addict

I have a Score-Pal. I'm not going to buy a Score-Buddy eventhough I would love to have a smaller one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 11:39 AM   #35  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLOcardsView Post
I emailed Archivers the first of June, and got a reply that they would be carrying the ScorBuddy when it came out. I waited a few weeks and then called my local Archivers (Eden Prairie, MN) and they said they'd had them but were all sold out. They are expecting more to come in, but didn't know when. So call and keep calling your Archivers! And save that 30% coupon!
Thanks!

Not that I need it since I have the scor pal and Martha S's tool already ( I used a 50 or 60% coupon.) I like the pal better but I think I'll like the buddy even more so I'm sure I'll be getting it with my 30% coupon. Easy to stick in my purse. I might raffle off the martha s. one at my crop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #36  
Insane Embellisher

IT'S HERE - IT'S HERE! Now I don't have to be jealous any more!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Wanda50!
THANK YOU!!!!! I'm going there now!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #38  
Hardware Hotshot

Here's another question!!!! Wanda50---gave me the ScorPal web site, is that where you ALSO get the mat FREE with pre-order? I didn't see anything that stated that! How would they know to give you the mat? I know I'm sounding like I don't know anything here, but I WANT TO BE SURE!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2010, 09:01 AM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

Diana is just the best...I want one of these too but it will have to wait a bit until I can spare the funds for it...I am so glad to hear it is a great new tool!
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2010, 03:33 PM   #40  
Polyshrink Goddess

The Mat is unfortunately not free with the Scor-Buddy but is only $5.95, 7" x 7". You will be able to order it soon.
hugs, Diana
Reply With Quote Likes