Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-01-2010, 05:33 AM   #41  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Hi Gramma Pixel! Yes, the Pazzles blades do work. The housings are interchangeable. I got this from one of the Gazelle Yahoo Groups. HTH!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2010, 05:39 AM   #42  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you say the housings are interchangeable does that mean I can use my other tools such as the the embossing tool and pen tool in my Gazelle?? I just ordered a Gazelle this weekend and I dont want to sell any Pazzles parts that I can use with it.

I am very excited about getting it........ the draw and cut video with copics and the print and cut features were real selling points for me.

What about mats and stuff..... and blades????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2010, 05:56 AM   #43  
Die Cut Diva

I just came back to post because I wanted to say I also got my info from BossKut forum too.

Yes, you can use the Pazzles housing in the Wishblade such as the embossing, paper piercing tool, etc. It was either Jules or Terri who has a video using the paper piercing tool from the Pazzles to cut out Polymer Clay. I would send you the link but I don't know if your signed up for the forum yet. The only way to access the link is to be signed up so I don't want to disappoint you with a dead link.

Hang on to those housings. Do you have a Cricut? The Pazzles housings are also interchangeable in the Cricut since it was designed by the same team.

Mats you can use Cricut mats and the Pazzles mats with the Gazelle. Some of the ladies use the Pazzles embossing mats with the Gazelle.

Now Melinda over at FunTime Yahoo group said the Cricut deep cut blades are slightly different than the Gazelle blades. It is just slightly. She just posted this a couple of days ago. She even said use them. I know a lot of people are since they are so readily available. and nobody is having any problems.

DH & I held them up under our Ott-Lite and looked at them with a magnifying glass and we didn't see any difference.

You can't use the regular Cricut blades in the Gazelle it MUST be the Deep Cut Blades.

What I learned is that the Gazelle was designed so it could be interchangeable and grow with the die cutting industry.

Any other questions don't be afraid to ask.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2010, 06:17 AM   #44  
Matboard Maniac

Now I am confused

I am asking what pazzles parts are interchangeable with the gazelle....... and you have mentioned wishblade :-)

Yes, I do have both a Pazzles and Cricut and the tools and mats will work in both

I dont have my machine to register yet........ so you are correct I cant see the users forums yet.

There is also a new Gazelle group that just started over at yahoo...... you might be interested in that:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CuttersCreekGazelleUsers/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammaPixelView Post
Now I am confused

I am asking what pazzles parts are interchangeable with the gazelle....... and you have mentioned wishblade :-)

Yes, I do have both a Pazzles and Cricut and the tools and mats will work in both

I dont have my machine to register yet........ so you are correct I cant see the users forums yet.

There is also a new Gazelle group that just started over at yahoo...... you might be interested in that:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CuttersCreekGazelleUsers/
I think she meant to say Gazelle and not Wishblade Thanks for the link, I signed up for the groups!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 12:41 AM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

Shoot, I did confuse everybody didn't I? All week I have been posting on my boards. I have also been fighting a horrible on and off migraine for the last week. All my boards I am pretty steady on until I get over here and blunder it terribly, ROFL!

Yes, the Gazelle will take all your Pazzles blades, housings, mats, etc... No migraine right now (knocking on wood). I am sharp as a tact so if I manage to bumble this post I will go hide in a hole, ROFL.

Thank you for the link. I am off to join.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #47  
Embossing Fanatic

I am a proud new owner of a gazelle and am trying to find out how to draw and cut. I saw the video of the gazelle doing it but am wondering how to do it on the software. Is the only way to draw and color to use the engrave function with a pen? And how do you draw and cut? Do you have two projects open, one to draw and color and one to cut?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #48  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapbook_noobView Post
I am a proud new owner of a gazelle and am trying to find out how to draw and cut. I saw the video of the gazelle doing it but am wondering how to do it on the software. Is the only way to draw and color to use the engrave function with a pen? And how do you draw and cut? Do you have two projects open, one to draw and color and one to cut?
I'm still learning my gazelle so don't know how to draw and cut yet, but to draw I just take out the blade holder, put in my pen/marker and then hit F10, click on cut project and it will draw instead of cutting.

Have you joined the www.bosskutforum.com yet? Terri and Jules there are awesome and will answer any questions you might have and they have tons of great tutorials!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 12:13 PM   #49  
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Just saying HI...didn't know there was a Gazelle thread floating around here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 02:13 AM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

scrapbook_noob- Have you joined the BossKut forum? In the training section there is the best video teaching you how to use the pen function. I watched it last week. That one is a must.

I am finally setting down and power learning the Gazelle. When I got it this Summer I could only do a little here and a little there. Now that life has quieted down a bit I am studying and working with the machine every day.

I have made some beautiful files. My auto vectorizing leaves something to be desired though. I am still not mastering it. I know it's user error but this user can't figure out her error, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
scrapbook_noob- Have you joined the BossKut forum? In the training section there is the best video teaching you how to use the pen function. I watched it last week. That one is a must.

I am finally setting down and power learning the Gazelle. When I got it this Summer I could only do a little here and a little there. Now that life has quieted down a bit I am studying and working with the machine every day.

I have made some beautiful files. My auto vectorizing leaves something to be desired though. I am still not mastering it. I know it's user error but this user can't figure out her error, lol.
It's taken me awhile to get the hang of the auto-vector tool, but it's a lot better now, my lines are smoother, etc. And I just love that clker.com website so much!

I've been drawing lately with my gazelle and I love doing that. I needed somethings written on 12x12 paper, don't have a 12x12 printer, so I was able to stick it in the Gazelle and have it print it for me. What was so awesome was everyone thought my handwriting became fantastically legible overnight because it was very obviously written with markers! Well, until my sister popped up with "She has a machine for that". te-he! I've been using the pen tool option a lot, the other day I had a crayon in it, and I think I have virtually used every kind of writing utensil I own, and have yet to find one the Gazzy doesn't take.

I really need to learn the software more but so far am thrilled with what I have been able to do. And Terri and Jules are great about answering my ditzy questions when I royally screw something up (it's a talent. Not a marketable one, but a talent all the same)
Reply With Quote Likes