Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-27-2015, 09:04 PM   #41  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hands down, tweezer craft scissors

Several people offer them: Darice, EK, Buddly, etc. Got my first pair at a stamping show. Very easy delicate movement around any outlines.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2015, 04:51 AM   #42  
Glitter Queen

My favorite fussy-cutting scissors by far now are Close to My Heart's micro-tip detail scissors (Z534). They beat every other pair I have ever tried and I highly recommend CTMH's non-stick micro-tip scissors (Z1836) as well. The only caveat is these scissors seem to work better for those of us with smaller fingers. I have given away all the other pairs I have bought over the years saving my Cutter Bee's for cutting fabric and ribbon only! You do not want to use paper scissors for ANYTHING but paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2015, 09:45 PM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 246 Likes on 133 Posts

I have loved fussy cutting long before it was called that. I used a pair of Wiss scissors as a child that I still have. Unfortunately when I had them sharpened several years ago, the guy filed the tips off. I thought I was going to cry. I did find an old pair just like them on line, so now have two pair to use. Think Wiss still makes them, but they are not quite the same as the old ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2015, 12:20 PM   #44  
Matboard Maniac

I think I have over 100 pairs of scissors. (Hello, my name is Valerie and I LOVE scissors! all reply "Hello Valerie")

I really do love the CutterBee (actually mine are the non-stick HoneyBee) I do believe that the SU! and CTMH are the exact same pair.

I also have the Elizabeth Crafts Fine Point Scissors and I do like them and alot and they are very handy for teeny tiny areas BUT the ends of the rest in the palm of my hand and really irritate my hand. If it is a small piece or something really simple I will use these.

My personal favorite are the
Fiskars SPRING-ASSIST SCISSORS Micro-tip. I have 4 pairs of these. My favorite are the Titanium ones. My original pair is over 20 years old and still going strong. I do keep them covered with a "sheath."

The Spring Assist ones from Martha Stewart are very similar.
The super small micro tip pair are good too but they are not spring assist.
(Her longer blade scissors are simply delicious and so super smooth and extremely sharp. If you have a chance to put a pair in your hand you can immediately feel the difference.)

All the ones mentioned give super clean cuts all the way to the tip w/o that cross cut on the paper at the extreme tip.

Valerie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2015, 01:18 PM   #45  
Polyshrink Goddess

valerie, you confirmed my decision to get the microtip scissors. but oh my goodness, tweezer craft scissors??? wow, i have to do more research and must get these too. i love scissors too....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2015, 02:33 PM   #46  
Matboard Maniac

Hey Copperkids!
Glad that I helped. The Tweezer Craft Scissors are the ones that hurt the palm of my hand. I need to find a way to cover the ends to give a bit of padding. There are similare looking ones that are a continuous end that serves kinda like the spring action ones but w/o the spring. Sorry, hard to describe/explain, the ones that I have are from Tonic and I believe they are called Decoupage Scissors. These do not have a precision it like the CutterBees or the Fiskars Spring action. Just a FYI.
Valerie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2015, 03:50 AM   #47  
Glitter Queen

Thanks everyone for all the responses. I am going to try a few. I love all this part of of SCS. Carol
PS I love all of SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2016, 07:12 PM   #48  
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I had searched for recommended scissors for fussy cutting a while back and came across this thread. I saw many "votes" for Fiskars SPRING-ASSIST Micro-tip scissors so I went out and got myself a pair (they call them easy action now) and I love them and I'm so glad I made the investment! I'm surprised at how much easier fussy cutting is with the right tool! Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2016, 09:59 AM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Fussy cutting

Quote:

Originally Posted by justwritedesignsView Post
I get teased about my fussy cutting and how others hate to do it..but seriously, I love to fussy cut and I'm really fast at it. I used to do a lot of decoupage and with all the scissors available, these are my ALL TIME FAVORITES. Made by Fiskars (the orange handled ones in the pic). They are little and have a slightly curved blade (super handy for curves!). The other secret to fussy cutting, is turn the paper..not the scissors.
We are both on the same page. I also used to do decoupage years ago where I learned to fussy cut. I have also found that if your image is embossed, this also helps as it gives an edge to your image.i use the same scissors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2016, 10:29 AM   #50  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Agree about the micro-tips. They're the only scissors I've that I could happily cut with for hours. They're the ones Jennifer McGuire recommends, except the blades are titanium instead of... whatever the others are. The offer resistance, pushing back into the hand when you cut, and are egonomic.

https://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-Titan...anium+microtip

But everyones' hands are different, so it's not one size fits all. My hands are a kind of stubby; I have a bit of arthritis and an old, minor injury to the large thumb joint by the wrist. Small, pinching motions hurt. And I'm not a youngster.

After I watched Jennifer's fave things video, I took a chance, and life changed. ; ) My two LSS's had lent me high quality scissors, but ouch. I bought a second pair that's hidden in the kitchen so my husband can't carelessly toss them into a drawer.

Oddly, the next size up didn't work at all, and they were returned.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2016, 10:35 AM   #51  
Gallery Gazer

P.S. Just noticed they earned the "ease of use" seal from The Arthritis Foundation. I'm not familiar with the designation so don't know how valueable it is.

Arthritis Ease of Use Products
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2016, 07:38 PM   #52  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDeeView Post
Adding link to card featuring two closely trimmed snowflakes. I made at least 20 back in 2006 and am using the same pair of Judikins detail scissors many projects later (although I do usually cut away larger areas with different scissors).

Snowflakes 1 - 2006 by TeeGeeDee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I have Judikins detail scissors too and they are fantastic! The blades and tips are very narrow so you can get into the smallest spots . And the finger holes are large
I like them so much I bought a spare pair.
Judikins CTS11 is printed on the blade .

The Judikins blades are narrower than my Fiskars detail scissors .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2016, 05:11 AM   #53  
Gallery Gazer

One of my instructors has them too, and I think hers are ancient as well. : ) I can't use them comfortably but they're obviously high quality and happy to be used very fussily.

And Canada Goose speaks the truth! (Turning the paper, not the scissors/hand so much.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2016, 11:50 AM   #54  
Hardware Hotshot

One more suggestion for fussy cutting scissors

I also use Pergamano scissors for fussy cutting. The points are so sharpe you need to be careful not to poke your fingers. The blades are very narrow and can get into the smallest spaces .

There may be other stores that stock them , but the only place I know of that still carries Pergamano supplies is Marcos Paper in Ohio

Here are the scissors
https://www.marcopaper.com/products....usive-Scissors

I resharpen mine by making numerous cuts in heavy duty aluminum foil that has been folded a few times to make it thicker

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes