Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-05-2010, 04:08 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Favorite SCAL files??

I've downloaded quite a few since I got SCAL a couple of months ago. Just wondering what your favorite files are & where you get them? What do you use it mostly for...font or shapes? I found a couple of files that you could cut cards out with scalloped edges, etc. Love those! Also, do you just download files or create your own. I've never made my own but thinking I need to learn how.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2010, 07:00 AM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

I love Paulo, Penny's designs... There are lots of great designers out there though. I use my engine to publish any freebie I can find from a list of designers in my Blog.

-luiza
http://cutterfreebies.creativebusyhands.com
http://scrapbook.creativebusyhands.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

I love Paulo too--he's at:
http://scale-files.blogspot.com/
He hadn't posted in so long I was afraid something was wrong with him!
He is very talented, does this stuff in his 'spare time' as his main profession is a doctor in Brazil.
What I've been doing lately is downloading jpg's and importing them into SCAL V2. I found this very cool French site with a lot of SVG and JPG's:
http://www.scrapmag.info/crafty/index.php
It takes a long time to go threw all the files --there are tons of them. The file names are in French but it might be obvious once you get into the site. One thing I like about this site is that they list the last date the category was updated. For example, a category with NINE screens of files called "Naissance et b�b�s" was last updated on Feb 28, 2010. Navigating is easy also--you can click on the HOME button instead of hitting the Back key over and over. The files include SVG along with other formats such as DXF, GSD, for Robo and such. All in all, you will find a LOT of SVG files.
One last one:
www.Clker.com
it is a royalty free public domain that includes a TON of SVG files. You just have to sift through the categories and find ones that are would be reasonable to CUT.
Have fun! My library of SVG files includes over 3,000 files--that's not including fonts, dingbats, wingdings, webdings and the likes, nor does it include my jpg folder of over 800 files. And I am still surfing around every day or three looking for more Freebies! Let me know if you need anything specific--I can send it to you or point you in a direction.
Good luck!
PS. Advice--start an SVG File folder with subfolders under it for various categories:
examples: Animals, Beach, Borders and Corners, Boxes, Design Elements, Flourishes, Food, Frames/Card/Envies, Halloween, Hinges, Insects, Kids, Love/Hearts, Medallians, Music, Party, People, Purses, Seasons, Shapes, Tags, Tools, Trees, Vacation, Vehicles, Wedding, WordBooks, Welded Words---just to name a few!!!
Reply With Quote Likes