Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ Mount

Do you all know where to get EZ Mount? Have you used it before? And then where do you store them once they are mounted?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 10:07 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I bought mine on bay and I am going to get some more.....had to try it first. I am going to store mine in cd cases. It is going to be a lot of work but once done....it will be great. I am going to stamp the images and keep them in a notebook(s) so I can look them up and have my cases lettered so I can find my stamps easily.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

I strongly prefer the thin EZ Mount. The Sunday International Web site recommends it for the smaller stamps... but I use it for everything and am very pleased. It provides plenty of cushion without causing my stamps to wiggle too much. It also doesn't add too much extra thickness which, depending on the storage solution you choose, could be an issue.

I usually buy it through Blockhead Stamps or All That Scraps.

For storage, I keep my stamps in 3-ring binders, alternating between stamps and stamped index sheets. A picture is worth a thousand words, so I attached it here. I started out with the CD cases and switched to binders -- the surface area of the binder sheets are so much larger than CD cases... and I needed more space in some cases to keep sets together.

HTH, and don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions
Attached Thumbnails
EZ Mount-kimsstampbinder.jpg  
I'm Fun Stampers Journey Coach #10224. Join now for only $50!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 12:08 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I buy mine from Yvonne Albritton. She's got the best prices, gives 1 free sheet for every 10 purchased, and a free stamp with every order. Her shipping rates are actually less than what she spends to ship priority too. I've purchased from her 3-4 times. I can not say enough about how happy I have been with the service and products.

I store my stamps in regular 3 ring binders, using the ezmount boards. They are meant to be used with the ezmount foam, are stiff, so they protect the stamps, and are inexpensive.

http://yvonnealbritton.com/EZ%20Moun...%20Storage.htm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 04:27 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampingSpudView Post
I strongly prefer the thin EZ Mount. The Sunday International Web site recommends it for the smaller stamps... but I use it for everything and am very pleased. It provides plenty of cushion without causing my stamps to wiggle too much. It also doesn't add too much extra thickness which, depending on the storage solution you choose, could be an issue.

I usually buy it through Blockhead Stamps or All That Scraps.

For storage, I keep my stamps in 3-ring binders, alternating between stamps and stamped index sheets. A picture is worth a thousand words, so I attached it here. I started out with the CD cases and switched to binders -- the surface area of the binder sheets are so much larger than CD cases... and I needed more space in some cases to keep sets together.

HTH, and don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions
What do you use have the stamps cling in your notebook?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 04:55 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Ok I have used EZ Mount and UGHHHHHHHHHHHH it is so messy to me I MUST be doing something wrong.. I even went out and got a hot knife because it was said it makes it faster easier to mount them on there..
I have been using Tack-It Over & Over when I go that route.. sooooooo tell me what I've been doing wrong cuz I HATE the mess
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 04:58 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shopping DivaView Post
What do you use have the stamps cling in your notebook?

Thanks!
The stamps cling to EZMount Storage Panels.
I'm Fun Stampers Journey Coach #10224. Join now for only $50!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 05:07 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased mine at Sunday International.
I store mine in CD cases. Unlike the above posters, I do not like storing them in binders. I tried binders with the storage sheets from Sunday International first but found that you could only get a few sheets in each binder. I unmounted all of my Stampin Up sets (over 300). I only had 4 or 5 that wouldn't fit into one CD case and I just labeled those 1 of 2 and 2 of 2. I have them all indexed and have the index sheets in page protectors. There are pictures in my gallery in the stamp room album.

If you are a demo, you can call Sunday Int and get a great discount.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 06:37 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

I get mine at Cornish Heritage Farms. They call it 'Smart Cushion' but it is the same thing. I unmounted over 100 SU sets and used this, and it works great. It is cheaper here than anywhere else that I know of, especially since you get free shipping over $35. Here's a link:
http://www.cornishheritagefarms.com/...oducts_id/2665
I store mine in CD and DVD cases. I make an insert that goes on the inside of each case and stamp each image so that it shows through on the outside. Then I also have a stamp binder that I stamp each image in under categories. Love this system!

HTH,
Connie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

I get mine from Beeswaxrubberstamps.com. They're only $3.15 per 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. That's the cheapest I've ever been able to find it.

I prefer the 1/8" foam because it's grey, and I like to stamp the image on the cling side before I mount it to the rubber. That gives me even more ease of placement of the stamp, and an index. I store mine in CD cases, and with the image stamped on the foam, I don't even need to index the CD case, because you can see the image right through it.

You can get great CD cases at rima.com. They don't have the inserts, so there is no waste. It's $26 + shipping for 200 CD cases! Like another poster, I have only had a handful of sets not fit in 1 CD case, so I also label them 1 of 2 and 2 of 2. Easy! I dont' regret unmounting my stamps a bit. The only thing I regret is that I didn't do it sooner!

Last edited by MikiBee; 10-25-2008 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: type
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2010, 02:31 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got mine today at Stamp Antonio (a local rubber stamp company in my area). They were 3.00 per sheet. And no shipping. Yeah!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2010, 03:52 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I got mine at 7collegekids - I love it. I bought the SU empty cases - they fit 3-4 sets in each case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

subbing because I'd like unmount my wood stamps someday.

I want to buy everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Skype™ to sassyp

MikiBee and any others - I'm confused a little because I have been on the fence of unmounting my huge supply of wood mounted stamps, which I actually want to do, but if I absorb that cost and spend that kind of time for a project of that magnitude, I want to do it right. Here's where I'm confused: The 1/16" EZ Mount THIN is black not gray. Therefore, I've been on the fence because 99% of the stamps I own are already mounted to wood and have a foam cushion so it makes no sense to peel off the rubber and spend more money for EZ Mount Cushion regular, BUT it IS definitely GRAY and therefore, I can in fact make an index stamping on the cling before mounting to the unmounted rubber and foam I removed from the block. If I buy EZ Mount Thin as is, it shows it as only black, and therefore whether I stamp an index or manage to peel off the sticker (SU stamps) I still won't be able to see it. So, I've been on the fence. I do already have The Tack It On and Off again stuff in my drawer too. MikiBee, now I understand - you PREFER the 1/8 regular ez mount BECAUSE it's gray so you simply peel off the rubber and not the rubber with the foam from the wood, correct?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #15  
Compulsive Stamper

The other thing I forgot to ask is about the cd/dvd storage which I would prefer instead of binders and upright storage however, has anyone run into a scenario with a large SU set not fitting into a cd case? I have quite a lot of sets that are the largest SU boxes and figured the dvd cases must be larger, which are still going to be smaller or 1/2 the depth of an actual SU box on my shelf. I looked at dvd cases and it's very hard to tell whether the insert (the part with the circle and small round circle in the middle for the cd storage) actually can be removed. I know SU is selling dvd cases for their stamps storage now, but figure that they aren't going to be the most cost effective. thanks for your input and advise in advance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

CarolAnn, I had gone to 7kidscollegefund too and found they had both their regular and thin version 1/8 and 1/16 for the same price (I had assumed the price would be less for the thin version) but anyway, it's 3.99 / sheet and free shipping which is less that direct price from Sunday International and the ones on etsy and ebay charging 9.50 for shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassypView Post
MikiBee and any others - I'm confused a little because I have been on the fence of unmounting my huge supply of wood mounted stamps, which I actually want to do, but if I absorb that cost and spend that kind of time for a project of that magnitude, I want to do it right. Here's where I'm confused: The 1/16" EZ Mount THIN is black not gray. Therefore, I've been on the fence because 99% of the stamps I own are already mounted to wood and have a foam cushion so it makes no sense to peel off the rubber and spend more money for EZ Mount Cushion regular, BUT it IS definitely GRAY and therefore, I can in fact make an index stamping on the cling before mounting to the unmounted rubber and foam I removed from the block. If I buy EZ Mount Thin as is, it shows it as only black, and therefore whether I stamp an index or manage to peel off the sticker (SU stamps) I still won't be able to see it. So, I've been on the fence. I do already have The Tack It On and Off again stuff in my drawer too. MikiBee, now I understand - you PREFER the 1/8 regular ez mount BECAUSE it's gray so you simply peel off the rubber and not the rubber with the foam from the wood, correct?
I saw a youtube (I think that is what it was) within the last 2 days that was linked on a thread here at SCS - I wish I could remember the name of it or find it - I looked but haven't found it ANYWAY

If you carefully peel off the foam it usually will come off the wood and stay intact. You can also peel off the sticker off of the front of the wood and it will be slightly sticky, just like the foam. Carefullly adhere the foam, lining it up as carefully as you can. Trim with scissors. Again, I think the video would show it better than I have explained it - and maybe someone willl help us out here and put in a link. ( Trim the image with scissors, I mean)

I have chosen to do this as economically as I can. I purchased heavy acetate sheets and am mounting the stamps on that. I have put a little Tack It Over and Over on each image. I store the acetate sheets in page protectors in a box. Still working on it.

Good luck!!

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.

Last edited by Cathy H; 10-28-2011 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: left something out
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2011, 05:41 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

I bought ez mount at a scrapbook store here on Long Island. I use a hot knife to cut it, very easy to do. Bought the hot knife at Michaels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #19  
Kookie Creator

I've been working on unmounting my stamps this week (and finished actually, I don't have as many as most of you! hehe).

Here's what I did:

I carefully peeled the rubber *&* foam off of the wood. I then peeled the sticker off of the wood and lined it up very carefully onto the bare foam. They come off of the wood with enough adhesive between them that the sticker sticks very well to the foam. I trimmed off the excess edges of the sticker. Then I applied a very thin coat of Aleene's Tack It Over & Over to the sticker. After they dried over night (just to be sure they were dry), I touched the newly sticky part to my skin to take away a tiny bit of the tack. I stored them in CD cases sorted my theme (yes, I separated some of my SU! sets). I LOVE having them all more easily separated. This way if I am making baby cards, I just grab the Baby CD cases, I don't have to try to remember if I have baby stamps in the SU! sets that are in the drawer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #20  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks. Mel made a good point about separating the su sets, because once I unmount them, it's not likely that I'll be selling them as a set that way anyway. :-) So I guess the cd cases are cheaper than the dvd ones. I see SU selling them for 4/$4.95 or something like that, but cd cases by the case are cheaper than that. I knew I didn't want them in binders - I have to see everything on my shelf the way they are now. If I do this, I can get the non SU stamps out of drawers and onto the same shelves. The only thing I haven't figured out is with the NON-SU sets, I won't have a sticker to peel off for the gray cling part. I guess for those, I'd have to consider whether to bite the bullet and buy the foam cushion just for the sake of being able to stamp the image in stazon onto the gray cling part of the cushion. mmmm. dilemmas .... lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #21  
Compulsive Stamper

my tim holtz sets are too big for a cd case too - and they're already themed. I have a lot of really small stamps on wooden blocks for both sentiments and greenery/foilage and birds. Everyone or everything I read suggests that ezmount thin works best on smaller stamps, but then I'll HAVE to use my stampamajig, won't I, since I can't get the image on the black foam. I wonder do they even make white stazon? :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Hi Sassyp,

I used to peel the foam that was already on my SU rubber off and replace it with EZMount (the grey kind so I could stamp the image on the back before adhering). However.. live and learn. Now if I run across an already mounted stamp, or buy a new stamp that comes with cushion attached, I simply peel it off the wood, gently peel the image sticker off the wood too, and place that image on the sticky part of the foam that's already on the rubber. I trim it up if it needs it, then I add just a tiny dab of Tack it Over and Over glue to the back. Saves the expense and whole process of having to index, attach and trim the EZMount. It's SO much quicker that way too. And SO much less messy.. no gunking up the scissors.

I still store all of my unmounted sets in clear CD cases. If they're too big of a set for one, I just use 2 and label it as such (1 of 2, 2 of 2). I've thought about purchasing the dvd cases through Stampin Up, and have bought a few, but they're quite expensive, considering I have tons of CD cases already on hand.

I have heard some people say that the clear CD cases degrade the EZMount over time or something like that. Mine have been done 6 years this way, and no degradation at all. Some of my StazOn sticked to the CD case, but that's no biggie for me. I also have somewhat of a ghosting effect on the CD cases for stamps I don't use often, but it hasn't seemed to affect the cling of the foam. If it ever does, I will just add a dab of Tack it Over and Over glue to those. But since now I have the clear sticker attached to the foam with a dab of the TIO&O glue, there's no worry of any degradation at all anyway.

I hope I was clear. Sometimes I have a hard time getting what's in my head out through my hands. lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2011, 01:36 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

@sassyp - yes, they do make white StazOn.
I tend to go for just using TIOO on very small stamps. I have some Kittie Kits Cause a Scene sets from RubberNecker that came on the thin black EZ-Mount because so many of the stamps are tiny, and while they work perfectly, they didn't inspire me to get a sheet myself for small stamps. Whereas I love the thicker grey sheets, and make sure always to have some available for when I need it .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2011, 10:41 AM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

Here is the video that I found so helpful. . Convert Wood-Mounted Stamps to Clear-Mount - YouTube

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2011, 05:00 AM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

For those of you that have unmounted, did you also unmount your sentiments? I've seen a lot of people mention that they have not due to the fact that the stamp-a-ma-jig is easier to use with wood blocks. I would love your opinions. TIA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2011, 06:07 AM   #26  
Gabfest Goddess

Unmounting the sentiments. Don't need a stamp-a-ma-jig if they are trimmed properly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2011, 08:02 AM   #27  
Mad Swapper

I agree. I unmount everything, including sentiments. If you trim them properly there is no problem. Worse case scenario, you use a block with a grid on it, OR you can still use the stampamajig. I guess it depends on your clear blocks as to how difficult that is. If they're beveled like SU's I can't see how it would be any different at all, as they seem to match the dimensions of the wood blocks. If you use the dollar store ones that are very thin, then I think it could be tricky.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #28  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you Cathy and Michelle! I was just scared to do it since so many people have mentioned that don't unmount them.

I have been happily unmounting my stamps and using EZ mount on really old sets that I can't get off the block without damaging the foam and Tack It Over for the newer sets and some sets that were never mounted to the blocks. It has been a really amazing at how nice it has gone and how much less space my stamps take up. I did use a hot knife for trimming the EZ Mount- SO easy! For anyone that is on the fence about unmounting or unsure of a hot knife- do it, you won't regret it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #29  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks all that replied with good info.... a couple days ago I realized that I already had the Tack it On and Off in my drawer and never used it. HA, that's a first. :-) anyhoo, I did 4-5 sets each of the last few days, and decided it wasn't worth the money to pay for the mount cushion again since it was already there, and I'd have to just start using the smaller sentiments and see if the thinner is really necessary. I did find it easy to do, and not much gunk just cutting the sticker only. But when I get to my non - su stamps that didn't have stickers, I'll just have to decide if i want to pay to have the index or not. I at least realized that they do have just the cling on a sheet for a buck and change if i really wanted to buy that instead, I could stamp that with stazon and use as a sticker for those that don't have one. the cd cases are more economical, but I know from my own music ones, easy to break, so I decided to do the dvd cases, a little more sturdy, and yeah, expensive. but i can get 3 sometimes 4 sets in there like the smaller and regular ones. I'm glad just to get started. boy this is gonna take awhile, but it will satisfy the ocd tendencies in me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #30  
Cardstock Collector

Default idea?

ok, so here is what I am going to try to do(I am on a REALLY tight budget:( ). I bought plastic binder dividers at Staples(in Canada). I am going to use the tack it over and over and to adhere my rubber stamps to the dividers. Now I was thinking, if I get a piece of foam(the $$ stores here have it) and stamp my image with Staz-On, onto the foam and then use it like the ez-mount but with the TIOO.....think it'll work????????

Any thoughts would be great.
thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

by golly, I think that might work! Just make sure you adhere your stamp to your foam with some very strong adhesive. TIOO is VERY tacky....especially when just put on....some say to put it on your jeans or something to take out some of the tack....I have done that. If you use TIOO to adhere your stamp to your foam and put it on bith surfaces, I bet it will stick very well....just try to put an even layer of TIOO on your surfaces.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslumpyView Post
by golly, I think that might work! Just make sure you adhere your stamp to your foam with some very strong adhesive. TIOO is VERY tacky....especially when just put on....some say to put it on your jeans or something to take out some of the tack....I have done that. If you use TIOO to adhere your stamp to your foam and put it on bith surfaces, I bet it will stick very well....just try to put an even layer of TIOO on your surfaces.

thanks for the advice, I haven't used TIOO yet so any help is appreciated!! LOL, in fact I had never heard of it until this post!!!
I am hoping to get some within the next couple of days and give this a try!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #33  
Matboard Maniac

ok....since you are on a tight budget, think about this....just put TIOO on your stamps...plain rubber....store them in a plastic binder like you are planning. The stamps do not HAVE to have foam on the back if you put a piece of foam down to stamp on you will still get good stamped images. I never mounted my stamps that I used TIOO on....I really don't even always put foam down to stamp on if I have a very flat surface to stamp on. But, Darice makes a stamping pad....big, burgundy foam piece.....that you can get to stamp on....it would eliminate the foam on the stamps altogether. Amazon.com: Darice RubberStamping Surface Mat: Arts, Crafts & Sewing
they only sell for around $5.99 at JoAnn's, too. If you do not like it, you won't have any more into them so you can just carry on with the foam like you have intended, but for now, it might save you a few $$.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #34  
Cardstock Collector

great idea, thanks. I will forgo the foam and see how I like it. I have a "rock-a-block" set that I use to stamp with and it works great!(with or without foam). Thanks for the info!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #35  
Cardstock Collector

I am going to get some more.....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

An even less expensive option to buying a foam pad to use when stamping with "bare" rubber is to use an old computer mouse pad (most of us have one kicking around). Or--I bought a couple of padded, plastic place mats (Xmas theme) at an after-Xmas sale for 25 cents each a few years ago and I use them all the time! Not only are they great for padding under my cardstock that I am stamping on, but because they are plastic, if I do any glueing on them, the excess glue will wipe off. I also do my paper-piercing on them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

Like other said, be careful with the TIOO I started with that and didn't dull the tackiness first and some stamps stuck to the sheet. Just blot them on your pants a few times, but make sure you do that before sticking them anywhere. ;)

MY BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #38  
Cardstock Collector

I'm also in Canada looking for EZMount. I want to mount a couple of alphabets that I bought in sheets. I really don't want to do wood mounting, and want to stick with cling mount.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #39  
Insane Embellisher

I've had great experience with EZ Mount. I bought mine online at River City Rubber Works: Art Rubber Stamps, Digital Scrapbooking & Other Cool Stuff You'll Want!.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 466 Likes on 348 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KikiHalbertView Post
I'm also in Canada looking for EZMount. I want to mount a couple of alphabets that I bought in sheets. I really don't want to do wood mounting, and want to stick with cling mount.
I'm in Canada too and I order EZMount from this Canadian company (Old Island Stamp Company):

Cling Mount System

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes