Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #281  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I hope everyone is still here posting when mine finally arrives, mid to late April!!
I feel for you, Kathy. I wish you lived close. I would be happy to share.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #282  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine just arrived and it came with a printed adhesive label with the correct measurements. HOWEVER it is larger than the chart on the board. AND it's larger than the print that I made from the PDF file. The print that I made is exactly the size of that on the board. Now to decide weather I use their label or mine ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #283  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,943 Likes on 2,207 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I feel for you, Kathy. I wish you lived close. I would be happy to share.
I'd be over in a flash with a stack of paper! LOL You'd have to charge rent because it would take me a while to get through that stack!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #284  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ready2retireView Post
Mine just arrived and it came with a printed adhesive label with the correct measurements. HOWEVER it is larger than the chart on the board. AND it's larger than the print that I made from the PDF file. The print that I made is exactly the size of that on the board. Now to decide weather I use their label or mine ...
Can it be trimmed? I vote for using the one they sent because I bet it would stick better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #285  
Proud Fan Club Member

You know, I've been thinking about this and I'm thinking someone got a major butt kicking for letting this go to be manufactured without trying out all the sizes to see if they were correct! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #286  
Matboard Maniac

Just realized the measurements are not in inches! So...

---nevermind---

Last edited by ready2retire; 02-16-2013 at 03:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #287  
Polyshrink Goddess

Reading this thread is like watching everyone else open their christmas gifts while I have none. I don't get mine until end of march/april. Boo hoo!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #288  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

OK - I used the included label and it is FINE. It's on some very thin vinyl type material and it fits in the space where it belongs. I took a picture just after I stuck it on and you can see that it's clear of the scoring groove:

I hate to be the one to tell you this - but it looks to me like the label you used is the one they sent for centimeters, not inches. Did you want centimeters?

I wondered when you posted how they managed to get the new labels included for shipment so fast. Mine came with an extra label for centimeters.

Take a look at the revised chart they published online:

Tool Directions

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #289  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I hate to be the one to tell you this - but it looks to me like the label you used is the one they sent for centimeters, not inches. Did you want centimeters?

Take a look at the revised chart they published online:

Tool Directions
Yes - I just went to my craft table with a stack of paper and WOW - were those measurements wonky!

Going to move on to having some fun and deal with that later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #290  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yes - I just went to my craft table with a stack of paper and WOW - were those measurements wonky!

Going to move on to having some fun and deal with that later.
Good idea. You can use the measurements from the online chart!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #291  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaView Post
Reading this thread is like watching everyone else open their christmas gifts while I have none. I don't get mine until end of march/april. Boo hoo!;)
You're not alone...mine is shipping mid to late April. I come in here to learn all I can so when it gets here, I will have all the info I need to hop to it!! LOL

The good news is, ours may be the correct versions...?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #292  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been having an email dialogue with Fran of the Frantic Stamper. She is having problems getting a 'straight' answer from WRMK. Her supplier said there was only only 1 mistake. I replied that on this site, people were saying that there were multiple errors, then her supplier said there might be more. Fran printed out the corrected chart and did her own comparison and found 11! She was told that purchasers who had the product with the chart with errors can contact WRMK and a chart with the corrections will be sent. This chart can be attached over the one on the board. Don't know if this is correct information given to Fran. She has been a champ keeping her customers informed. She has some of the boards with errors that she has offered to pre-order customers. I chose to wait because I want a board with the correct info on it from the start. Hopefully, WRMK will go over the chart and make sure the information is correct on the next shipment.

Next time I want to buy craft supplies, I will go to The Frantic Stamper on line store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #293  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

You're not alone...mine is shipping mid to late April. I come in here to learn all I can so when it gets here, I will have all the info I need to hop to it!! LOL

The good news is, ours may be the correct versions...?

I am hoping this will be the silver lining to receiving a later shipment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #294  
Mad Swapper

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

My punch arrived from HSN yesterday, and I was playing with it today with a friend. We found that the A2 envelope paper size and scoring measurement ( 8 1/8" and 3 3/4") make an envelope that is very tight, if not too small, on the 5 1/2" edge. Using the 8" x 8" paper scored at 3 1/2" mentioned here by others is a MUCH better fit. I'm hoping there will be a new chart provided that can be placed over the current chart like the one included with the punch for metric measurements. Other than that, LOVE my new toy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #295  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 LifeView Post
I have been having an email dialogue with Fran of the Frantic Stamper. She is having problems getting a 'straight' answer from WRMK. Her supplier said there was only only 1 mistake. I replied that on this site, people were saying that there were multiple errors, then her supplier said there might be more. Fran printed out the corrected chart and did her own comparison and found 11! She was told that purchasers who had the product with the chart with errors can contact WRMK and a chart with the corrections will be sent. This chart can be attached over the one on the board. Don't know if this is correct information given to Fran. She has been a champ keeping her customers informed. She has some of the boards with errors that she has offered to pre-order customers. I chose to wait because I want a board with the correct info on it from the start. Hopefully, WRMK will go over the chart and make sure the information is correct on the next shipment.

Next time I want to buy craft supplies, I will go to The Frantic Stamper on line store.
Yes, there are quite a few changes. Here is a quote from an earlier post I made about this. I compared my chart on my punch with the revised chart online and counted.

"There are quite a few changes, both in paper size and scoring measurements. 16 changes, to be exact, affecting 12 envelope sizes.

Now, most of the changes are tiny, amounting to 1/8 or 1/4 inch. I won't list them all - there are too many. They apply to odd size envelopes that I will never make anyway, so it doesn't bother me at all.

Here is an example: Envelope size 3-1/2 x 7: Paper size went from 8-3/4 to 8-5/8. That is only a 1/8 difference. The score line on this size went from 3-1/4 to 3. That is a 1/4 difference. It is highly unlikely I will ever make a 3-1/2 x 7 card, but I have the printed revised chart should I ever need it.

I am a creature of habit, and 99% of the time I make A2 size cards, which I have the right measurements for. Very occasionally I make a 5 x 7 card, and that measurement is correct.
"

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 05:38 AM   #296  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
It drives me nuts that they don't really have the right size for A2 on there. The most common size. The measurements in this thread are perfect so why couldn't THEY figure that out?
Bit shoddy that someone didn't sit down and with the mock up and test their sizes. Shouldn't have taken but a couple of hours of cutting and folding to go through the measurements and correct them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #297  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
Bit shoddy that someone didn't sit down and with the mock up and test their sizes. Shouldn't have taken but a couple of hours of cutting and folding to go through the measurements and correct them.
I understand that things happen. It just seems that no one "proofs" things anymore. I am still super hyped (can you tell?) because this is an awesome idea and I can't wait to use it, but you'd think someone would have pretested all the sizes. Maybe someone had a faulty cutting board that cut all the wrong sizes! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #298  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

I understand that things happen. It just seems that no one "proofs" things anymore. you'd think someone would have pretested all the sizes.
That's what I was thinking too.

What a disaster! A measuring tool with the WRONG measurements LOL!!!!

What's happened to WRMK lately??? They used to provide such brilliant tools ie cropodile, big bite and the corner chomps yet lately they have been known for pretty substandard tools, I'm thinking of the Cinch and the SewEasy.

They're going to lose their good name if they're not careful:(

They really need to test these things before they rush them out for sale.

I won't be buying this now until this is all sorted (if at all)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #299  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandyStripeView Post
I won't be buying this now until this is all sorted (if at all)
Oh, you HAVE to get it! LOL I know I will. I love my Big Bite and Corner Chomper. I think someone just dropped the ball on the measurements with the board, but it is still an awesome idea! I almost bought the sew easy, but it was so late in getting into stores around here that I opted for a real sewing machine, and now glad I did because I have used it to actually repair clothes (besides sewing on my cards!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #300  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
i said the same thing (in this very thread. lol) but I'm so glad I got it anyway. I think if I didn't have the resources at SCS I would be unhappy with this tool but luckily we can share our testing and knowledge here and it really does make a huge difference.
I understand the frustration about them getting the measurements wrong. However, the tool itself is a very good design and really does work to make great envelopes quickly and easily. Way better than the Martha Stewart board with the template, and the original Score Pal. I own both, but the new envelope punch is so much better than either of them!

And, as I have kept saying, the "bad" measurements are mostly for odd-ball size envelopes anyway. It is really not a big deal to me to have the revised chart to refer to for stuff like that.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #301  
Crimping Master

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Well I'm getting ready to send out my first batch of b-day cards with my handmade envelopes tomorrow. I used my ATG to put them together so hopefully they will travel well. I also put a small amount of regular tape across the flap, just in case. I used double-sided dp so they are somewhat heavy. I'll have the postal clerk check for additional postage if needed. Have I said how much I love this product, flawed measurements and all?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #302  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an incident with a Cuttlebug product forget what it is called. It is the thing with replaceable plates. You buy a set with the basic set up and than can buy other set but used the same base thing. I contacted them and eventually sent samples because when I rolled it through my CB as directed, the paper cracked - tried SU, JoAnn/Michael's and other brands and they all cracked. The C/S person said she directed my samples to the design dept but they had no suggestions for a 'fix'. It seems like companies now are in such a hurry to get their product out before someone else that they don't do much quality control testing! It is left to the consumer to protect themselves by protesting and demanding a good, useable product that meet the advertised description.

Love this site because everyone 'tells it like it is' so others can be aware of the pitfalls of some of the greatly exaggerated advertised 'next great thing' that will knock your socks off!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #303  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JubleView Post
Well I'm getting ready to send out my first batch of b-day cards with my handmade envelopes tomorrow. I used my ATG to put them together so hopefully they will travel well. I also put a small amount of regular tape across the flap, just in case. I used double-sided dp so they are somewhat heavy. I'll have the postal clerk check for additional postage if needed. Have I said how much I love this product, flawed measurements and all?!
:lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #304  
Stampin' Fool

I just got mine in the mail yesterday, and put on my "improved chart". I agree with Bugga, in spite of it 's flaws and them having to get the chart right, having the put right on it is worth it to me. It's an "all in one" product, so I can hang in there for the corrections. I've been wrong too.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #305  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Julie, I sent 25 valentine cards with envies I made with scrapbook paper from old stacks I had. I picked any paper that had red in it, lol. They turned out great. I used my ATG to assemble them, and also to seal them. No extra tape outside.

The cards had a crocheted heart with a jewel in the middle, so they were a little bulky. I paid extra postage for my "bling." But everyone got their cards in fine shape with my handmade envies!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #306  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Julie, I sent 25 valentine cards with envies I made with scrapbook paper from old stacks I had. I picked any paper that had red in it, lol. They turned out great. I used my ATG to assemble them, and also to seal them. No extra tape outside.

The cards had a crocheted heart with a jewel in the middle, so they were a little bulky. I paid extra postage for my "bling." But everyone got their cards in fine shape with my handmade envies!
This is good to know! I'm a bit of a worrier when sending my cards. I try not to have much on the cards I send, usually a layer and ribbon. I always like to think that they make it intact but chances are, some of them don't. I did use my ATG to seal them also but just had to add the extra tape. Probably was overkill:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #307  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

This is good to know! I'm a bit of a worrier when sending my cards. I try not to have much on the cards I send, usually a layer and ribbon. I always like to think that they make it intact but chances are, some of them don't. I did use my ATG to seal them also but just had to add the extra tape. Probably was overkill:rolleyes:
No Ma'am. I'm a believer that a little tape never hurts.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #308  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

Innies or outies? Now that some of you have been gleefully reeling out envelopes left and right, are you having the white on the outside or inside? If you do both, how does the percentage break down?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #309  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamperView Post
Innies or outies? Now that some of you have been gleefully reeling out envelopes left and right, are you having the white on the outside or inside? If you do both, how does the percentage break down?
Great question! And yes, we have been quite gleeful, I will admit.

Mine have been 100% with the white outside, and the pattern inside. I am very respectful of the fact that the PO processes millions of pieces of mail a day.

I want my cards to zip through those mailing machines quickly and without any problems. My feeling is that a pattern outside might distract from that process, make the address difficult to read, and cause my cards to end up in a box that says, "process later" or something like that.

I also always handprint my addresses, too, rather than use my handwriting, even though it is pretty legible.

The idea of cute patterns on the outside is appealing, and I know some people do that, but I like the idea of my mail arriving safely better!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #310  
Proud Fan Club Member

Boy will I be ready when mine arrives cause you are all getting my questions out of the way now! LOL I made an envelope this morning with the MS board since mine isn't here yet, and I used a white label to put the address on. But I used a solid dark color. I think if I used a distracting pattern, I might do as Bugga suggests and put the pattern on the inside. I love coming in here because it keeps me busy while I wait on mine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #311  
Crimping Master

I'll have to let you all know about sending cards with double-sided dp after this batch I'm sending goes out. I guess I thought it would be fun for someone to get a happy looking envie as opposed to the regular white. But if it doesn't turn out well, I'll be back to the white on the outside.....to be continued, lol!

Kathy, I am really anxious for you to get your envie maker. I swear it seems like you have had to wait the longest:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #312  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 LifeView Post

Greg of Marco's paper said there is only 1 mistake. I emailed him and asked him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #313  

Default For those who pre-ordered from Marcos Paper...

...got an email today that WRMK is saying there is a good chance they'll get to Marco's in time to ship them out to us early next week. That's as of right now ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #314  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInklandView Post
Greg of Marco's paper said there is only 1 mistake. I emailed him and asked him.
Not to be argumentative with Greg at Marco's, but I printed the revised chart, compared it to the chart on my punch, and came up with 16 changes, affecting 12 sizes of envelopes.

Maybe Greg has the "corrected" chart, and it only has one mistake! That would be a hoot - corrections to the corrections.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #315  

Quote:

Not to be argumentative with Greg at Marco's, but I printed the revised chart, compared it to the chart on my punch, and came up with 16 changes, affecting 12 sizes of envelopes.

Maybe Greg has the "corrected" chart, and it only has one mistake! That would be a hoot - corrections to the corrections.
No worries - it's all good I am one of the folks who doesn't mind taping the changes to the tool if I need to.
;;;;;;
Here is the content of the email that Greg sent to me: "There apparently is one dimension on the original that was incorrect -- the one you receive will be corrected, I'm told. There may be a few people from the show in Atlanta a couple of weekends ago who believe that all of the dimensions except the squares are wrong -- that was my fault, since I read the directions wrong."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #316  
Proud Fan Club Member

whistling and tapping foot as I ever so patiently continue to wait. LOLOLOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #317  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInklandView Post
No worries - it's all good I am one of the folks who doesn't mind taping the changes to the tool if I need to.
;;;;;;
Here is the content of the email that Greg sent to me: "There apparently is one dimension on the original that was incorrect -- the one you receive will be corrected, I'm told. There may be a few people from the show in Atlanta a couple of weekends ago who believe that all of the dimensions except the squares are wrong -- that was my fault, since I read the directions wrong."
This measurement chart thing is making me crazy - not that I care about the changes, because I don't make many sizes of envies.

What bothers me is that there are still folks who are selling this product who do not have the correct information that there are actually quite a few measurements that need to be changed. To say there is only one change is pretty silly.

If anyone cares besides me, lol, I managed to get a lot of the actual chart on my envelope punch on my scanner, and took a pic. Enough of it shows that you can easily see there are multiple changes from what is on my chart, and the revised chart that We R Memorykeepers posted online.

Here is a pic of my envie punch chart:

And here is the link to the revised chart online:

http://www.weronthenet.com/File/View...5-2d8b6d658ea9

If you just compare the measurements on a few of these, you will see that there are a lot of changes. My scan doesn't show them all, but you can get the idea.

Compare these sizes on both charts: 3 x 8-1/2, 4 x 6-1/2, 4 x 8, 4-1/2 x 5, 5-1/2 x 7. That's 4 changes right there, and my scan doesn't show the whole chart on my punch.

Okay, off my soapbox now. And I still love the punch, just disturbed that people are putting out false info about it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Envelope Punch - We R Memory Keepers CHA 2013-envie-punch-chart-001.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #318  
Matboard Maniac

So far my envelopes have the pattern on the inside and I stamp on the outside, with one or more of the stamps used on the card. I like things matchy matchy, so I'll be using the idea further up in this thread that suggested using some of the trimmings (when sizing paper for the envelope) in the making of the card itself.

Double matchy matchy!

I love this tool and hope everyone gets theirs real soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #319  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,095 Likes on 839 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamperView Post
I've been following this thread even though I'm not convinced I need this!
I do, quite often, make envelopes with old DP. Since a lot of it is double-sided it's inevitable that I have a patterned side out. But even when it's single-sided paper I have it outside, white inside. I use a white label for the address, and I've never had trouble with them arriving, either with local or international mailings. And it has to be said that there are times I have quite a lot of standard white envelopes never arrive :(.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #320  
Crimping Master

Well, I mailed out my b-day cards this morning. All but one was made with double-sided dp and I'm happy to report all of them went with a regular stamp. Yay! I made the clerk weigh each one to make sure enough postage was covered. So I thought that was a very good thing
Reply With Quote Likes