Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Envelope Die for Big Shot

I am wondering if there is a die for a regular sized envelope, approximately 5 3/4 x 4 3/8, that I can use in my Big Shot. I know there are some available for the Big Shot Pro but I don't know if the dies can be used in the regular Big Shot. Any suggestions? Thanks !
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

Yes, Sizzix has one but it cuts two seperate pieces and you have to glue them together. I wish I had not spent the $20+ on it. Could have bought a lot of envelopes for that amount.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2010, 01:11 PM   #3  
kvb
Rubber Obsessor

Sizzix has this BIGZ XL die. Sizzix.com - Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Envelope, A2
I own this however I can't say I think about using it. Make sure you look at the [LINE] view to see the actual die cut outs. You need to cut twice to make the envolope then assemble it. You can find directions in multiple places to make them manually in one piece if you prefer. I actually bought a scorpal once I saw a youtube video on how easy it was to make one however if you have another scoring tool or a score blade on your cutter you can use it as well.

Here is an old discussion on it. Sizzix Bigz A2 Envelope Die by scraplady at Splitcoaststampers

Scorpal link to making an A2 envelope. Blank

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Sizzix die that makes an A2 envelope. Yes, it does cut the pieces and then you glue/tape them together. I wish I had looked at the line figure on sizzix.com before buying! Lesson learned.

What I did was cut the die and partially assemble the envie (leaving it open/flat). Then I traced around the whole thing and cut it out of chipboard (cereal box). I now use my chipboard template when I want to make an envie. It's nice because I can put it exactly where I want on patterned cardstock so the envie has the design just the way I want.

There's a Big Shot Pro M&S envie die that cuts in one piece, but you need the BSP to use the die (it's 12x12). BSP A2 envie die
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Meg do you like the BSP envie die?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2010, 06:55 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Nikki, I'm loving all the BSP dies! Everything is so big and useful. I love my other dies, but they make such small cards, bags, & boxes -- which are cute for little things and I do love them, but often not quite big enough.

The BSP envie dies are great. You can put an M&S shape die in if you want a window or leave it out if you don't. There are M&S shape dies in the Clearance/Outlet section of sizzix.com. I've also put in Sizzlet & QK dies and they work, so in reality you could have just about any shape window you want. Just shim whatever non-M&S die you put in the little depression/pool space of the envie/platform die and test with scrap paper. (Sizzix Originals are too thick.)

If you don't want an M&S die for your envie, Ellison has non-M&S envie dies. I bought a couple during their big Spring Clearance for $15. If you sign up for their newsletter, you get notified of their sales. Ellison Card & Envie dies

I was able to get the extended accessories (the long tray, adapter pad, and cutting pads like those sold with the purple/Westminster BSP) at a good price from It's Cheaper Than Therapy. They weren't listed on the site at the time, but I sent Maria an email and she fixed me up with the longer tray & such I need for the new line of dies (the 25" long dies for the BSP and the BS/BK). I also bought the dies from her and the extended accessories for my BK. When you're ready to purchase, keep her site in mind. When I bought my BSP, she had the best deal going. Not sure if that's the case now, but her BSP dies are a good price and she has free shipping over $100. She ships super-quick and I've never had a problem with an order. (Ritz and ohmycrafts BSP dies are $2-3 less, but they don't ship as fast and I've had issues with both those sites off & on. I did just place an order with OMC yesterday because they had a Cricut cart at a good price and I had a coupon code, so I've got my fingers crossed.)

Okay, um, I got a little Sizzix excited, but I know you know how that goes! :-D

Last edited by TheOtherMeg; 10-02-2010 at 06:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2010, 06:59 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Oh, and my next fiddling with be trying to use the Grand Nesties in the BSP. I have the Grand Bundle on order, which comes with the Calibur machine, but I'm sure I can figure out a way to use those dies in the BSP so I can send through 12x12 paper. The Calibur will only do 8.5x11.

I know you're interested in this, so I'll keep you posted. The Grand Bundles were supposed to ship in September, but now it's October. I believe the Calibur machine is the hold-up, but since I ordered the bundle, I assume my dies will be held until the machine is ready to ship..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Meg! I cannot WAIT to get my BSP next year - I'm going to go for the purple one since it has everything included like the longer plates and such. Plus, it's purple!

And yes let me know about the Grand Nesties - I want to get some too so I can send them through on 12x12 paper!
Reply With Quote Likes