Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-06-2007, 02:57 PM   #1  
KLF
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duck Adhesive Runner

I really like the Duck Adhesive Runner that you used to be able to get at Walmart. I think Joanne's still has them (for an exhorbitant price). When I went to the Duck website and did a search on "where to buy" it came up with nothing.
Does anyone know where you can find them reasonably--either on line or at a store? I keep trying other products and I don't like them as well.
Thanks,
Karen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2007, 04:34 PM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

Subbing to this thread - the Duck permanent adhesive is my favorite! I haven't had the need to buy any for a while (I usually buy the 4 pack x 2 aor 3), but I'll be sad if Walmart isn't selling it anymore. :( I try to avoid that store if at all possible, but now I'm going to have to stop in there and look for it...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2007, 05:37 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

If your WM doesn't have it anymore, that is probably why mine had it on clearance around Mother's Day. It was my first time using it, but my husband and son thought it looked like a good deal and added it to my Mother's Day gift! I really do like it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I buy it every once in a while with a 40% off coupon at Joanns.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2007, 08:14 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

We found out that W/M isn't carrying Duck anymore. A friend of mine went online and found it in bulk. She bought $100. worth and we bought from her. We love the product! It costs us under $10. for a pack of 4 to do it that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2007, 02:16 AM   #6  

I found it at quite a few places online. Here's a 4 pack for $13.56:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B000NHW300
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2007, 07:17 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

I usually stop at Joann and get a 4-pack every time I have a 40% or 50% off coupon - since they come in clusters sometimes, I get stocked up for when I don't get one for a while.

My little gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2007, 07:21 AM   #8  
KLF
Kookie Creator

Thanks for the suggestions. I did get one at Joanne's the last time I was in--it's not the closest craft store, so I don't get there too often, but I guess I'll just have to go everytime I get a coupon!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2007, 09:24 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Rite-Aid drug stores sell the Duck Permanent Adhesive in the school supplies aisle. It is hanging with all the other glue and tape. I think the price was $3.49.

HTH,
Candyf
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2007, 12:48 PM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Default Easy Stick Adhesive

I called the company today and Walmart is going to start carrying them again either the end of the summer or early Fall. They gave me a place where you can order them but you have to order 6 packages of them. There are four in each pkg. so you would be getting 24 easy sticks. The cost is $48 plus tax. I don't think there is shipping. I have listed the company name, phone number and Bar code number you will need. I am probably going to order them but if anyone would like to buy a few pkgs. from me please let me know. YOu would pay the $8 per pkg. plus the tax I pd. plus whatever it cost to ship to you.

New United
1-800-800-7343

Bar Code # 075353207185

Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2007, 01:02 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Default Easy Stick Adhesive

I called the company today and Walmart should be carrying them again either the end of the summer of early Fall. They gave me the name of a company where you can buy them in bulk. There is no tax on them but the shipping is $13.72 whether you buy 6 packages (four in a pkg.) or 12 pkgs. I would be willing to buy 12 pkgs. if I can find someone to buy some of them from me. If you are interested please PM me. Thanks, Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2007, 03:05 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Somewhere in the middle...closer to there, nearer to here...

Officemax sells it (both the Permanent and temporary). I can't remember the price, but I wait until Officemax has their paperbag special. They send out paper bags in the Sunday paper and everything that can fit inside the bag is 15% off. In my area, they just had this promotion. HTH.

My 182.5 day Photo Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2007, 04:44 PM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

I have been using this for years and had always bought it at W-Mart. I was so upset when mine stopped carrying it. Thinking they were just out, I traveled to two other W-Marts also with no luck. I too went to the Duck website and found, like you, that there were no stores listed that carried it. I thought they were going to discontinue it. That would be awful. I have tried other tape runners and have never found any to be as easy to use as this one.

Someone told me that JoAnn's carried them, so next time I had a chance, I went there (a 25 mile drive in each direction for me) and bought a 4 pack. What a price difference. At W-Mart, they were $8 and change for a 4 pack. They were $13 at J's, but fortunately, I had a coupon. Problem is, with J's being so far away, its not convenient for me to stop there whenever I am running low. And since I can only use one coupon at a time (and I will not pay full price) I can't stock up. I didn't find anywhere online that had a reasonable price. But, I am very glad to hear that W-Mart will be carrying it again soon. Maybe they had a lot of us scrapper/stampers complain when they discontinued it and they got smart and decided to carry it again. I bet there will be a big run on it as soon as it comes in. I know I am going to stock up in case they change their mind again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2007, 06:33 PM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Default Adhesive?

I bought this tape that looks a lot like the mono-adhesive today at Walmart in the Craft dept. It's called "Permanent Glue Runner". It's by Ad tech. It's acid free, photo safe and refillable. It wasn't very expensive and you get two refills in a pkg. Has anyone ever tried or heard of this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2007, 07:55 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

This week the duck tape runner at J's is 40% off! Thought you'd like to know! MaggieSt
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2007, 07:58 PM   #16  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Our Walmart had the Duck tape runner in stock in the 4 pack last week - it had been missing from the shelves for months so I was delighted to see it back! Might have something to do with our store being "re-set" - we are about 1/2 way through a 3 month remodel of the entire store and I believe they are officially done with the pen/pencil/do-dad aisle that they are on.

So for you Duck fans, be patient and keep checking Walmart shelves for it...I was able to get one pk at JoAnn's with a coupon (they always seemed to out of stock whenever I had a coupon to use:confused: ).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 05:48 AM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Our Walmart has never stopped carrying it!! It's a SuperWalmart, although that shouldn't matter. It's in the office supply section. I bought some around the beginning of summer, & I see I'm down to my last one already. I know they still carry it because I was looking at rummage sale tags about a month ago & it was right next to it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 06:39 AM   #18  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol ShaferView Post
I bought this tape that looks a lot like the mono-adhesive today at Walmart in the Craft dept. It's called "Permanent Glue Runner". It's by Ad tech. It's acid free, photo safe and refillable. It wasn't very expensive and you get two refills in a pkg. Has anyone ever tried or heard of this?
I have tried this and it is pretty good! I am now waiting for my ATG gun though and can hardly wait. I will use the Ad tech for taking to clubs and such as it is a good buy and works!
Sally Taylor, Fun Stampers Journey Coach #1118

My FSJ site
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 06:47 AM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

So the Duck brand works well? Your cards don't fall apart like the mono adhesive?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 06:53 AM   #20  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candle LisaView Post
So the Duck brand works well? Your cards don't fall apart like the mono adhesive?
Yes, Duck brand is a fantastic product; it sticks like it's supposed to, unlike Mono. I will say that the only thing that Duck doesn't perform well on is cuttlebug embossed cs (too many wrinkles for good adhesion - carpet tape or glue dots work best), or brown paper bag material (what is that made out of? :confused: )

And not only does it work well, it's inexpensive and easy to use....unlike mono, you won't have the dispenser go wonky and waste the tape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:37 AM   #21  
Glitter Guru

I had doubts buying it at first (which was a few months ago). But when I started using it, I loved it! It's no. 2 in my list of favorite adhesives next to the Scotch ATG 700.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:55 AM   #22  
Crimping Master

I love the Duck brand, here in Canada its called Pritt. There is no difference in the product except the price. I have paid from 3.29 up to 6.00/roll. I would love to get the prices you girls get. The only place I have found it in Canada is Supreme Office Supplies in Saskatchewan and Toy & Grand in Edmonton. It does work great, but like Boss said it doesn't perform well on paper that has been cuttlebugged.
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 08:12 AM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

Well, I'm so glad someone posted about this! It answers my question that I posted earlier today about an inexpensive tape adhesive! WHoo hoo! I've seen Duck around a lot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 08:50 AM   #24  
Crimping Master

Default duck

joanns has it for 12.99 for 4 and after the 40% coupon it is like 7.99 ...I just love the atg gun though and it is sooooo much cheaper and stronger..best money I ever spent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 09:05 AM   #25  
Mad Swapper

I used Duck for years till I got my ATG gun. Love the ATG. I used to think the Duck tape was great up until last week when I was going through a box of cards I made last year, and found that everything was falling apart. I was shocked. I'm wondering if I just had a bad batch of Duck tape a year ago or something. Have any of you had any problems like that with Duck? I know Mono is famous for that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #26  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikiBeeView Post
I used Duck for years till I got my ATG gun. Love the ATG. I used to think the Duck tape was great up until last week when I was going through a box of cards I made last year, and found that everything was falling apart. I was shocked. I'm wondering if I just had a bad batch of Duck tape a year ago or something. Have any of you had any problems like that with Duck? I know Mono is famous for that.
No, I haven't had that problem with Duck and I do have cards in my stash that are more than a year old that are still holding tight. I will note that I keep my cards in a covered box on a shelf that is out of direct sunlight. I have noticed that cards that I have received that are left open to the light have a tendency to fall apart....of course I don't know if they were put together with Duck or not, so maybe the light doesn't have anything to do with it! :rolleyes: How are you storing your cards?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 10:11 AM   #27  
Stampin' Fool

I stocked up on the Duck brand adhesive a few months ago because our local Walmart was clearing them out. I actually couldn't find it on the shelves and happened to be passing by an employee with a cart full of clearance items. She had about 8 packages on the cart marked down to $4.00 per package of 4. I bout all 8 of them and when I checked out the ending up being an additional 25% off.

I asked the employee...in a whiny, panicked voice.."Please tell me that you are not going to stop carrying this?" Her reply was that they were being clearance out because they were being redesigned and that they would start carrying them again when the redesign was complete. Now, I don't know if this is the truth or if she was afraid I was going to freak out in the middle of Office Supplies, but that was the word that I got.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 11:56 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

when i heard that walmart wasn't going to carry it anymore... i bought all they had - like 5 or 6 pkgs.

my walmart is still carrying it.

good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 04:46 PM   #29  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilwaukeeMommyView Post
Our Walmart has never stopped carrying it!! It's a SuperWalmart, although that shouldn't matter. It's in the office supply section.
Same here
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 PM   #30  
Mad Swapper

Oh, I am so happy to read this thread and find out that WalMart is going to start carrying the Duck tape again! Yeah!! Mine hasn't had it for quite a while, and it's just too expensive at Office Max. Thanks for the tip about getting it at JoAnn's! Thank you, fellow SCS'ers!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2007, 12:49 PM   #31  
Forum Fanatic

Me too! I bought out my local WM when they closed it out, but I used up the last one yesterday! Hope my WM has it back on the shelves this weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2007, 08:16 AM   #32  

It's still on sale (40% off) at JoAnn's through today...I bought some yesterday and might go back for more (you can never have enough adhesive, right?).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2007, 03:23 PM   #33  
Stampin' Fool

Default Easy Strip Adhesive

I'm on top of cloud nine right now. I just went to JoAnne's and was able to get four package (four in each) of these at $7.99 package. I'll be all set for a while and hope by the time I need more my Walmart will start having them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2007, 03:30 AM   #34  
Matboard Maniac

Exclamation I wrote the company

I wrote to the Duck company because my Walmart quit selling it and no one who works there can help you.

this is the reply I got:
Dear Ms. Nelson:

Thank you for e-mailing Henkel Corporation. We appreciate your interest
in our products.

Your local Wal-Mart will have the four packs of the Easy Stick back in
the stores late summer or early fall. We have not been informed about
the single packs, but hopefully they will be back as well. The item
ending in 20764 has been replaced with the 20718. You can also get the
single packs at Staples or Officemax under the Pritt Brand.

You may purchase our products from one of our distributors. Sta-Co
Supply can be reached at (800) 228-1096, and has a minimum purchase
requirement of $250.00. New United Distributing can be reached at (800)
800-7343 and has a case pack minimum on their orders. The bar code for the
4-pack is 075353 207185.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to
call us at (800) 321-0253, Monday through Friday, between the hours of
9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time; or visit us on the Web at
www.henkelca.com.

Thank you for your inquiry. I hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations Representative
Henkel Corporation
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2007, 03:48 AM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

i have had NOTHING but horrible luck with duck adhesive and AD adhesive, both tear and break when i an using it, too many refills left 1/2 full when they tore during use. anyone else have this problem? hands down tombow permanant is my favorite.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2007, 03:49 AM   #36  
Polyshrink Goddess

Exclamation

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennn1971View Post

New United Distributing can be reached at (800)
800-7343 and has a case pack minimum on their orders. The bar code for the
4-pack is 075353 207185.

I was going to suggest this company. I had contacted them a year ago through a search on the web. Purchases are made by the case.

New United Distributing Co.
6917 Carnegie Ave
Cleveland Ohio 44103
800-800-7343, 216-881-4070, Fax 216-881-4073

You can find the info on the package or on the website:
www.duckproducts.com or www.loctite.com
Or to talk to a Customer Care representative call: 800-321-0253...
At the 1st prompt press 1, At the 2nd prompt press 1. At the 3rd prompt press 3. This will get you to a live person. Explain to them what you are looking for. They will give you an item # or the UPC #. Please write it down exactly as it is given to you.
Then call, E-mail or fax the number or numbers and the quantity to us.
Our minimum order is 1 case. There is a $6.50 handling fee per order. Orders close to or over $700 do not have to pay freight or the handling fee.
Henkel has too many items to keep in stock but we order from them often. Allow 14 to 21 business days to receive nonstocked items except orders over $700 which ship much sooner.
We accept credit cards, checks and cash.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2007, 04:18 AM   #37  
Stampin' Fool

Default Easy Stick

In all the yrs. I have used it I have had a problem with it maybe a very few times but compared to the problems I had with the mono I will still stick by the Easy Stick by Duck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2007, 07:48 AM   #38  
Gallery Gazer

for those that had trouble with the duck adhesive sticking, were they kept kind of under climate control. I wondered about how the various adhesives react to extreme heat and cold and if that is why adhesives would break down. i haven't had any of mine come apart and i've used everything from Duck to Mono, to ATG. At least no one has complained that their cards came "assembly required" when they received them. the ones I have at home are all intact.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 07:38 AM   #39  
Inking Addict

I am patiently waiting for my Wal-Mart to get DUCK back in stock. It has been my favorite since I first tried it. But I don't want to pay the higher prices when I know I was getting it for less. I have cards and pages and other paper crafts that I used Duck on over a year ago that are still holding just as good as when they were first done.
I did break down and order the ATG since I couldn't find Duck. It came Saturday and I had fun trying it out over the weekend. I was worried about the size but it is so light and no problem to use - even with my severe arthritis. The only problem I had with the ATG is when I end a line sometimes the adhesive seems to stick on the gun as I pull it away, then it breaks and like a rubber band goes back to the rest of the line and balls up. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas? Maybe I just need some more practice!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 07:50 AM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyFLView Post
The only problem I had with the ATG is when I end a line sometimes the adhesive seems to stick on the gun as I pull it away, then it breaks and like a rubber band goes back to the rest of the line and balls up. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas? Maybe I just need some more practice!!!
Try releasing the trigger about 1/2" before you get to the end of your cardstock. Keep pulling along the cs, though, and it will "finish" and tighten up the roll. :-)

Go ATG!
Reply With Quote Likes