Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-05-2009, 10:29 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone use Aleene's Tack It Over and Over??

On red rubber?? do you like it? recommend or not recommend?? I have so many unmounted red rubber stamps that I want to be able to use them on my acrylic blocks and not have to use double stick tape..so please help Thank you so much!!!
Mandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Many people seem to like it. I personally do not. I actually prefer to use EZMount. I suggest you try it on a few stamps. It's really the only way you will know if it works for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 12:48 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I use Tack it over on my MM Slice mat and that is it. I was using it on my stamps and it was a huge mess. I did not like it at all. My poor cat, Ian, stepped on a Santa stamp one day and I had to chase a freaked out cat with a Santa stamp stuck on his paw. Hilarious but not for him, lol. He has since gone on to rainbow bridge but I still think of it every time I stamp. No, I love Aleene's but Tack it Over is evil, ROFL. Evil cat glue. It is, seriously, lol.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 01:56 AM   #4  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Default A fan for use on UM stamps.......

I use it on my unmounted stamps and it is perfect for me - I love it. Soooooo easy to apply to the back of the stamps and those stamps really stick great to the acrylic block.

I have lots of UMs with ez mount, too, but the stamps with tack it over and over consistently adhere to the acrylic mount whereas the ez mount may or may not adhere well to the acrylic block.

You can brush an even layer of this glue onto the back of the stamp, but that's too much work for me lol so I just apply some lines of glue directly from the bottle onto the back of the rubber and it works great!

With this glue I think that less really is more - it doesn't take much at all to get the sticky surface that you need. One word of advice - let this glue dry completely (until it turns clear) before using or storing the stamp. It doesn't take long to dry - 1/2 hour or less. If it takes any longer than that to dry you're probably putting it on too thickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 02:01 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

I use it on my unmounted rubber stamps, too. I brush on a light layer of glue with a sponge brush, let it dry, and my stamps are good to go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 03:33 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Location: Virginia, where we have the beach and mountains all in one state!!

DITTO! This is what I use with my unmounted stamps too. Love it.

My "Small" Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 04:21 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

YUP, I learned this from Michelle Zindorf at her workshop. Works just as well (for me) as EZMount and is SOOOOO much less muss and fuss. As stated above, just brush it on LIGHTLY to the back of the rubber and let it dry COMPLETELY. I've had no problems with getting bad impressions at all. This is the way I'll go for all my bare rubber from here on out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 04:33 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

There are pros and cons to the Tack it Over and Over . I was unmouting literally thousand of stamps and used the Tack it Over and Over because it was cheaper. It does the job, but it also can leave some glue residue on your acrylic blocks. Use it sparingly! The EZ mount is very nice, but it's also much more pricey. Maybe you can use the glue on most of your stamps and the easy mount on the ones you tend to use most.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 04:46 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It worked great for me, little messy, but it cleans up fast and easy.

smallcity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 04:54 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I use the Alene's TIO&O but I don't find that the clean-up fast and easy.......sorry but that is my opinion........... Estelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 05:28 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I've used quite a bit of the TIO&O and like it, but I do agree that it is messy. By the time I'm done, I've got sticky glue in between my fingers and it doesn't wash off! (Best way I found to get it off my hands is to glop on hand lotion and then wash off the residue).If you get one of those cheap 1" foam brushes to spread it out with, it's better. I also found that I got less residue on my blocks if after the TIO&O dried, I stuck it to my forearm or the back of my hand a couple of times.

My bottle is almost empty and I'm having trouble finding more of it, so I decided to try the Mono Multi glue (in the green & white bottle) and I really prefer the Mono. Easier to apply (with the wide spreader end) and easier to clean up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

I use it on my Bellas & love it! I put it on w/ a Q-tip and then I have no mess! I have only had to re-apply it to 1 or 2 of them that I use a lot otherwise I still have the same on that I started with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

I used it and love it! I will echo what others have said: make sure to only use a very thin coat. As in, you might not think you've got enough on there, but you probably do! A little goes a long way, and it will stay sticky. Once it is dry, I too will take the stamp and press it against my skin or my pants just to get the extra stickiness off. I have never bought EZ mount, and don't plan to, because this method is working for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #14  
Crimping Master

I thought cleaning after using the EZ mount was WAY more trouble than just throwing away my disposable foam brush. With the EZ mount, I had to de-gunk my scissors, my hands and anything else I touched while working with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I get new stamps from SU!, for example, I will not mount the stamps to the wood block. Instead, I take the index image and stick it to the sticky side of the stamp. Then I will use a thin layer of the TIO&O on top of that index image. This way, when I use my acrylic blocks, I can see the image I am stamping. It has also been very effective when storing unmounted stamps in cd cases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

I've got all my non SU stamps with ATIOAO. (20 bins with 24 CD cases each). It's a fairly big mess if you're not organized. I use one of my kids sheets of foam (about 11x17) and spread all the stamps face down onto it (just to protect my table from drips). Then use an old liquid laundry detergent lid to pour some ATIOAO into and add a bit of water to it. Then use the cheap foam brushes to VERY lightly coat the backs of the stamps. The longer you let it dry the better, and when you go to put the stamps away simply place the sticky side of the rubber stamp to the palm of your hand and unstick. It helps take some of the initial tackiness away and then the glue doesn't come off on your storage sheet or CD case.

Then when you want to stamp, if you aren't getting a good impression simply put several sheets of paper, a foam sheet, or coluzzle mat under the sheet you are stamping onto and the image comes out perfectly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

OMGosh EVERYONE!!! thank you so much for your opinions! now I can't wait to use this! I ordered it from All That Scraps for less then 5 bucks. I so appreciate this and I have my foam brush prepared..LOL!
Mandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

At M's its in the glue section and you can use a coupon. Way cheaper then getting it online.

Love mine...so much cheaper then ezmount, easy to work with.

I use a foam brush and let dry overnight. Little goes a long way as a lot of people have said. Plus you'll get a ton more stamps "mounted" out of one bottle of TIO&O then you would with one sheet of ezmount.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

Did you put it on with your fingers? I'm not understanding how you got it between your fingers etc.

If you use a foam brush and apply a thin layer then I don't understand how there could be a mess. I've never had a mess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbetView Post
I've used quite a bit of the TIO&O and like it, but I do agree that it is messy. By the time I'm done, I've got sticky glue in between my fingers and it doesn't wash off! (Best way I found to get it off my hands is to glop on hand lotion and then wash off the residue).If you get one of those cheap 1" foam brushes to spread it out with, it's better. I also found that I got less residue on my blocks if after the TIO&O dried, I stuck it to my forearm or the back of my hand a couple of times.

My bottle is almost empty and I'm having trouble finding more of it, so I decided to try the Mono Multi glue (in the green & white bottle) and I really prefer the Mono. Easier to apply (with the wide spreader end) and easier to clean up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Another fan! I echo what everyone else said about using it with a foam brush - and if you do get a gunky build up on your acrylic blocks, just wipe 'em down with Goo Gone and everything is good as new! I've been using TIO&O for about 2 years now and have only had to do this a couple of times - no big deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

I use 'Tack it O & O' all the time. Instead of spreading it all over the back of my unmounted stamps I make glue dots. Just drop small amounts on parchment paper and smear it around a bit to the size you want. Let it dry overnight then lift it off with a pin and put it on your stamp. No fuss...no muss!! I also make very small dots to use when I want to add a bow, button or charm to my cards. They are very sticky and embellishments stay forever!! (or at least it seems that way lol) I just love the stuff!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I tried lots of other products over the years, then went back to TIO&O for my rubber stamps. It's a little messy to apply, but lasts a REALLY long time.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2009, 06:35 AM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Wishing I was not at work but I have to pay for my hobbies some how! LOL!

I recently unmounted all my SU wheels. I used a foam brush to spread the TIO&O glue onto the back of each of them. Now I use them on my acrylic blocks!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2009, 02:51 PM   #24  
Glitter Guru

I use it on all my unmounted rubber and have even unmounted my SU wheels. I apply with a cheap foam brush and let it dry overnight. No muss, no fuss. I love it and find it wonderful to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappintlcView Post
Did you put it on with your fingers? I'm not understanding how you got it between your fingers etc.

If you use a foam brush and apply a thin layer then I don't understand how there could be a mess. I've never had a mess.
I have no idea! I have a real gift for making messes with things that shouldn't really be messy. I make a mess with the Mono Multi, too, but that's easier to clean up for some reason.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #26  
Compulsive Stamper

I use it and like it. I used a sponge brush to apply it. It was a bit sticky until it dried but once dry it was tacky but not so over the top sticky as to be a problem.
That's my experience with it:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

I have been using Aleene's Tack It and love it. I have gotten a few new tips here though. Thanks so much for your ideas and experiences.

I use my index sticker too. Apply that to the rubber or foam depending on if the stamp is new or I am unmounting it. If I am unmounting and do not have the index sticker I make my own using clear contact paper. The idea of cling foam didn't appeal to me b/c I was a wood only kindof gal a year ago and still love the idea of seeing what I am stamping. Which is one of the reasons for me to unmount in the first place. Positioning is better with the cling foam than wood I guess but with the index sticker mine is near perfect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 04:21 AM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I find the Aleene's too messy, too hard to clean up. I prefer Tombow Mono Multi. Much easier to clean and works just as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 04:51 AM   #29  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs NoofyView Post
I use 'Tack it O & O' all the time. Instead of spreading it all over the back of my unmounted stamps I make glue dots. Just drop small amounts on parchment paper and smear it around a bit to the size you want. Let it dry overnight then lift it off with a pin and put it on your stamp. No fuss...no muss!! I also make very small dots to use when I want to add a bow, button or charm to my cards. They are very sticky and embellishments stay forever!! (or at least it seems that way lol) I just love the stuff!!
I'm with Mrs Noofy!! on using the TIO&O for making glue dots..to use for whatever you want...mounting stamps, attaching embellishments to cards, ribbon,, etc, etc... I make them on parchment paper also, and let dry over night. They are SUPER sticky and haven't had one embellishment come off yet. LOVE IT!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 07:00 AM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

I have used it for my unmounted red rubber....but LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it for the glue dot idea!!! Try it, you will never go back to buying them again.

My Blog

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 07:13 AM   #31  
Mad Swapper

I use my husbands mechanic goop soap to get the tack it over and over off my fingers. I do use a foam brush and place the stamps on wax paper to dry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 07:27 AM   #32  
Embossing Fanatic

I am pretty new at stamping and I love the idea of putting the SU stamps on the acrylic blocks so I can see where I am stamping. If you put tack it over & over on the bottom of the stamp that is all you have to do? Then you can use it on the acrylic blocks? Like I said I am pretty new to stamping...LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #33  
Mad Swapper

Default Huge fan of it!

I use it on my deeply etched red rubber stamps (hanna stamps, drs designs etc). And I agree with the other posters not to have a heavy hand with the glue. I got some advice on the glue before I started and someone told me to mix it with a little water and than use an old brush to paint it on the back of the stamp. I have been doing it that way ever since and my stamps have NEVER fallen off the acrylic block.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #34  
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks for you help Theresa!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #35  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

Tack 'n Peel is an awesome alternative to ANY gooey, sticky ATIO&O. It is an adhesive sheet that you apply to your block ONCE; you then stick your plain rubbah onto that. When you're done with that stamp, just peel your stamp off.

Oh, and it's clear, too, so you can see through it to where you're stamping.

If the T&P gets unsticky, you wash with soap & water and let it dry, then it's good to go again. It also acts as a cushion in place of the foam cushion.

Last edited by Paper Junky; 08-09-2009 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: added a detail
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 02:14 AM   #36  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by toodlesyallView Post
When I get new stamps from SU!, for example, I will not mount the stamps to the wood block. Instead, I take the index image and stick it to the sticky side of the stamp. Then I will use a thin layer of the TIO&O on top of that index image. This way, when I use my acrylic blocks, I can see the image I am stamping. It has also been very effective when storing unmounted stamps in cd cases.
This is exactly what I do! I have also unmounted a lot of my sets and used the TIO&O there too ... much less trouble for me than trying to get everything mounted (cut out again) with the EZ mount, but definitely use VERY sparingly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 08:55 AM   #37  
Polyshrink Goddess

I to Love Tack It Over.... And love the price compared to the EZ Mount system. You get so much bang for your buck when using Tack It Over.
I've been stamping for 26 years now and found this is the best to use on unmounted stamps.
arubberstamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 09:12 AM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by toodlesyallView Post
I do this too. I found the tip here, of course!! I keep some TIOO in a small butter dish with a bit of water, and use this and then store it with the lid on until I need it next. I think watering it down a bit makes it less gloppy, and maybe it was just my bottle. Plus it makes it go farther!!

I am in a quandry about the SU sets that I am unmounting, I love the sticker image on the back so much but it's hard to peel it off of the wood and still have enought sticky to attach to the foam (and stay on while using the TIOO on the sticker). Any ideas?
My Stampin' Up! site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #39  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brenda71View Post
I do this too. I found the tip here, of course!! I keep some TIOO in a small butter dish with a bit of water, and use this and then store it with the lid on until I need it next. I think watering it down a bit makes it less gloppy, and maybe it was just my bottle. Plus it makes it go farther!!

I am in a quandry about the SU sets that I am unmounting, I love the sticker image on the back so much but it's hard to peel it off of the wood and still have enought sticky to attach to the foam (and stay on while using the TIOO on the sticker). Any ideas?
If you have a "sticker maker" from xyron, you can run the label through that before sticking it on your foam or rubber.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #40  
Embossing Fanatic

I guess I am in the minority! I don't care for this product. I like the cushion and EZMount works best for me.
Reply With Quote Likes