Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #281  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLCUNNINView Post
In the different videos, the just rite left the back of the pouch attached until it was done cooking, in the stamp critter, they removed the whole pouch. I wonder if that makes a difference. I got a copy of the instruction manual for the stamp critter (all 7 pages of it.) I got it by sending an email asking for it. This is the upgraded instruction manual. I can't wait to see the old one (LOL). See attachment.
The pouches included with the stampcritter do not stick to the acrylic blocks, and you are not supposed to peel the pack off of the pouch for the stampcritter. Trust me, I tried.

They have said they are coming out with a "green process" in which you don't use chemicals and the stamps are supposed to stick to the blocks, but these haven't been released yet.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 03:42 PM   #282  
Crimping Master

I had someone ask me about text stamps and if you can get a clear image with the stampcritter. I'm going to try and upload a picture - the black picture is the negative I used, the other is where I stamped my new stamps.

I ended up with 9 perfect stamps, 2 useable ones if I ink carefully (these were close to the edge of the pouch) and 1 I just couldn't save.

I tried making my negative the exact size of the pouch so I would have any waste, but I would recommend about a 1/4" border just to be safe.

Edited - Sorry I scanned the images and the picture really isn't very clear. I will try and post some cards with the stamps on my blog this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone have a "Stampcritter"? *merged*-text-stamp.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #283  
Rubber Obsessor

i peeled the back off the stamps i made with the medium pouch (thinking that I was a pro and didn't need the manual anymore) before the final "cook" and can say that it didn't really make a difference. in both instances, the backs were sticker that I had liked so I ended up puttung them back in the tacky salt solution with the light shining on it for an additional 5-10 mins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLCUNNINView Post
In the different videos, the just rite left the back of the pouch attached until it was done cooking, in the stamp critter, they removed the whole pouch. I wonder if that makes a difference. I got a copy of the instruction manual for the stamp critter (all 7 pages of it.) I got it by sending an email asking for it. This is the upgraded instruction manual. I can't wait to see the old one (LOL). See attachment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 05:14 PM   #284  
Rubber Obsessor

By chemicals, do you mean the polymer packets?
Oh boy! I think I might have to test that one out when its released!!:mad:
Like buying an cricut expression while you already have the baby bug!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooked_on_stampinView Post
The pouches included with the stampcritter do not stick to the acrylic blocks, and you are not supposed to peel the pack off of the pouch for the stampcritter. Trust me, I tried.

They have said they are coming out with a "green process" in which you don't use chemicals and the stamps are supposed to stick to the blocks, but these haven't been released yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 05:45 PM   #285  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by najahleiView Post
By chemicals, do you mean the polymer packets?
Oh boy! I think I might have to test that one out when its released!!:mad:
Like buying an cricut expression while you already have the baby bug!
What I gather is that you still have a pouch and you still expose the pouch, but don't have to put the pouch in the chemicals to set it(that's the last 10 minute exposure time).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 09:04 AM   #286  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh, I see! Thank you for clearing that up! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 06:29 AM   #287  
Cardstock Collector

Default in the mail

I got an email this morning that my stamp critter shipped by UPS yesterday. Whoo Hoo. I'm so excited. I think I have everything to start using it right out of the box. I have the two containers, I bought some acrylic photo frame boxes for use inside the machine. I have the water bottles to mix the chemicals, gloves, etc. I've got about a dozen different image ready to print in my computer, with a dozen more ready to be scanned.

Whoo hoo.:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 10:01 AM   #288  
Mad Swapper

CLCUNNIN I can't wait to see the stamps you create.Let us know what you think about the critter!Have fun when you receive it.Hopefully you will get it soon.Congrats.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #289  
Mad Swapper

Well I finally took the plunge and order The Justrite stamping kit.I just could not afford the stampcritter at this time.I am going to tell my husband that today (Feb.29-leap day) is a holiday!Do you think he will buy that!!HeHeHe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #290  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinfrogView Post
Well I finally took the plunge and order The Justrite stamping kit.I just could not afford the stampcritter at this time.I am going to tell my husband that today (Feb.29-leap day) is a holiday!Do you think he will buy that!!HeHeHe
It's not a Holiday? You mean my husband took me out to eat and shopping for nothing? Now I really feel bad. ;)

Be sure and post your creations when you get your kit.

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #291  
Rubber Obsessor

Default hey there!

did you get it yet? i've been a bit lazy with mine!

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 11:58 AM   #292  
Crimping Master

I would love to see what you all are doing with Justrite Kits and Stampcritters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #293  
Mad Swapper

I received my Justrite kit yesterday during our BLIZZARD.I HATE SNOW especially 14-15 inches!!!!
I played with it last night.I only got 1 stamp out of about 5 pacs.I had to adjust my lamp height to 12" and the 1st hardening to 2mins.35sec.That is when I finally got a good stamp.(It is a Barney stamp to use on my grandson cards.)He will love it he is nothing but Barney.The whole CD that they sent with the kit will not download on my computer(don't know why)my son is going to come out (when the snow melts)and see what the problem is.So I have had to go by the instruction book they sent and another program on my computer.THANK YOU HOOKED ON STAMPIN for letting us know how to invert the images.That is the only thing that saved me last night! I already had to order some more pacs. Hopefully Iwill get to play with it some more tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #294  
Rubber Obsessor

I haven't made any stamps since I first got the stamp critter. Maybe I'll try again tonight...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2008, 05:22 AM   #295  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I received my Justrite kit yesterday during our BLIZZARD.I HATE SNOW especially 14-15 inches!!!!
I played with it last night.I only got 1 stamp out of about 5 pacs.I had to adjust my lamp height to 12" and the 1st hardening to 2mins.35sec.That is when I finally got a good stamp.(It is a Barney stamp to use on my grandson cards.)He will love it he is nothing but Barney.The whole CD that they sent with the kit will not download on my computer(don't know why)my son is going to come out (when the snow melts)and see what the problem is.So I have had to go by the instruction book they sent and another program on my computer.THANK YOU HOOKED ON STAMPIN for letting us know how to invert the images.That is the only thing that saved me last night! I already had to order some more pacs. Hopefully Iwill get to play with it some more tonight.
My grandson is a big Barney and Thomas fan. If you search the net, you can find "coloring book images" that you can save and use to make stamps. I made one disney stamp so far, but haven't had time to attempt Barney yet. Oh and don't forget coloring books for a source of images.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #296  
Cardstock Collector

Default got mine

I got my stamp critter and I made my art work. I used power point to move around the images so I used the whole page. I had a hard time getting the bubble of air, so I tipped the sandwich on it's side and let gravity move the bubble to the top/side. I made my sandwich and then went to mix the chemicals and thought I was missing the hardners listed in the old manual (ver 3.5). I called the 800 number but no one was there to help me, the young man on the phone was new. So I left the sandwich on the counter, until they called back. The pressure of the clips made the blue goo to rupture the pouch. I dumped it all in the sink and tried to clean it, which just spread the goo. You would have laughed because I used Head and Shoulders to get the goo off me and everything else. About half way through the clean up, It dawned on me I should have been using the gloves. brohahahaha --1 pac dead.
I got the call back that I had old instructions (the box did not have instructions). The salt like stuff was the hardener. So after letting everything dry overnight I tried again. This time I made the chemicals first. I got the face up face down wrong and cooked the front twice, so I got a solid block of stuff. You could see the outline of my stamp if you held it to the light.
-- 2 pac dead
I work from home and have been running around with meetings, I need to leave in ten minutes for another meeting, but I want to try again this afternoon. More soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #297  
Crimping Master

I hope you have better luck next time. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2008, 05:41 AM   #298  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well, finally decided to post my saga with Stamp Critter. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt and trying to be patient...but that is over. I ordered mine on December 31 and got it February 13. I had all the little trays and bottles and immediately went to work trying to make a stamp. Tried 3 different time exposures and nothing but a solid block. Tried emailing the Yahoo group, the company but nothing. Called, no one called back. Kim (hooked on stampin) helped me a lot and I called her and emailed her a lot. I tried two more exposures but no luck. And still no help and no calls back (after 3 days).

Finally decided that the company had just made too many promises not kept so I emailed them that I wanted to return it. On February 26 I was told that they would mail me new product, that the blog would be (within two days) updated, new instructions, two tech people....As of this Tuesday, it was two weeks and none of that had happened except the new instructions. The new instructions were oh so slightly different, but to me not helpful at all.

I wrote on Tuesday that I no longer wanted to wait for yet another unkept promised something and wanted to return my machine...and, of course, as usual, no answer.

I think the potential for this machine is tremendous. I think the people who put together this company have no clue how to run a company. They continue to make promises like one made on February 9 that they would be updating their blog daily, and in another letter late in February that they would be posting the new tech support information on their blog. The blog remains untouched since February 9. I'm not sure what my next thing will be but I guess contacting my credit card company which was used through Google. I am SO disappointed.

Kudos to Kim who is the one person who has tried to help people. She should be running the company.

Margaret
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #299  
Die Cut Diva

Wow after hearing about all the difficulty and trial and error with this product, I'm kinda glad I never bought it! It sounds like a lot of work... and a lot of waste! I suppose once you get the hang of it, there isn't as much work or waste. I watched the video they had online and it really kinda turned me off to wanting it though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2008, 03:00 PM   #300  
Crimping Master

Hi Margaret

I haven't heard from you in a while. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time returning the machine. I'm really disappointed in the blog too. I haven't seen any of the changes either that were supposed to be forth coming. I still think the idea is great too, but some more thought and planning needed to go into.

Maybe you and I could go into business together. We could show them how it's done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #301  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow, at least I wasn't the only one who couldn't get it to work.....Sorry you had to go through it also!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2008, 11:38 AM   #302  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well, I might have had some good results if I had gotten any help at all from the StampCritter people...but I sure didn't. So much for their support. Also, when I asked for the paperwork to return it I was asked to give them another chance and they would that day send me out new materials and give me access to people to help...two weeks and nothing. I wrote on Tuesday this week and said I would not wait and I wanted to return it. AND, of course, no answer at all. I had a friend order one in late December and when she heard all the trouble she cancelled her order and has yet to get a refund even though she never even got a machine. I am afraid maybe the company is not going to stand by the return policy. I am going to give them some more time and then see what recourse I have through Google and my credit card.

So, Kelly, you weren't the only one who couldn't get it to work.

Margaret
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2008, 12:28 PM   #303  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Trying to return my SC - no response

I have also tried to contact them (Stamp Critter) through email multiple times in reference to returning the SC and they only responded to the first one saying they were sorry to hear that I wanted to return it, and forwarded new instructions that they thought would change my mind. To date, I have not received any further response to my multiple emails regarding returning the SC. This is very disappointing and very unprofessional on their part. I also had ordered mine back on December 25th and did not receive it until February.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2008, 12:36 PM   #304  
Embossing Fanatic

subscribing

If I have God and my health, I have everything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2008, 02:06 PM   #305  
Mad Swapper

I am sorry to hear that the people (stampcritter) has been that bad!I am glad I didn't order one.I did order The Justrite Kit and enjoyed it so far.I haven't had to call the company yet I have been able to find the answers to the problems I have had just on the internet.
Kim if you and Margaret come up with a machine to make your own stamps or just take over the stampcritter....Put me on the list for one!
I have tried to attach a thumbnail of a card I have made w/the stamp beside it but can not figure out how to do it yet.I am as computer stupid as any one person can be!I will wait and let my son do it for me when he comes over.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2008, 09:45 PM   #306  
Pearl-ExPert

I did receive a refund as soon as they received my returned Stamp Critter. The refund was the wrong amount, I emailed Tim and I was refunded the addtional amount.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2008, 04:42 PM   #307  
Mad Swapper

I hope this has worked. Here is a thumbnail of the homemade stamp from the Justrite Kit.It is one of their Negatives.I haven't had time to make a card with the Barney Stamp I have made.The horse head card is for my nephew which I need this weekend.
Attached Images

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2008, 04:47 PM   #308  
Mad Swapper

Forgot to also say THIS IS THE FIRST CARD I HAVE LET ANYONE on the SCS site see! I hope you like it.I know it isn't up to the standard I see on this site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2008, 05:38 AM   #309  
Stampin' Fool

I think it looks great! Just wish I could see closer.

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2008, 06:04 AM   #310  
Forum Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecheckerView Post
I think it looks great! Just wish I could see closer.

Anne
tee, hee! I thought it was just me who couldn't get the image to pop up in larger form. It looks like a really cool horse head from the side, but I can't be sure - and the card looks lovely and I'm sure is even better seen up up close!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2008, 06:06 AM   #311  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
tee, hee! I thought it was just me who couldn't get the image to pop up in larger form. It looks like a really cool horse head from the side, but I can't be sure - and the card looks lovely and I'm sure is even better seen up up close!

I've clicked on it a bunch of times and nothing. It's weird - usually thumbnails like that are click-able.

Looks cool though. Maybe you could go ahead and upload it to your gallery so we can see it full size?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #312  
Rubber Obsessor

Cool Card Stampin Frog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2008, 08:14 AM   #313  
Cardstock Collector

Default StampCritter

I just wanted to add my two cents about the stampcritter. I also ordered mine in Dec. and received it at the end of January. My aunt ordered hers a couple of days after me and she is still waiting for hers after numerous calls. Anyway, the instructions I received with the box came with very little information on how to use it. The instructions did say to register your product and you would be able to access some images they would supply. Comes up as not found. I watched a video they had suggested, tried to make a stamp-if you held the stamp toward a light, you could see the image but the stamp could not be used. I have called the StampCritter a number of times, get someone on the phone, they say they can't help me but will forward the message. I never hear from anyone. I recently called back, told her I want to speak to someone, she said someone would call me back because they were busy at the moment. Still waiting for that call. I am not happy with them and when someone says they are thinking about buying the StampCritter, I suggest they think about it first. I thought it was just my aunt and I who were having trouble but from reading this site, others are having trouble with the customer service also. Not good business practice. Well, thanks for letting me vent. I'm going to try and make one more stamp. If it doesn't come out, I'm going to ask for a refund. Hopefully, I can get that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2008, 10:07 AM   #314  
Polyshrink Goddess

Not that I'm glad someone else is having trouble with the StampCritter, but it is nice to know I am not the only one. I have now had promises to get an RMA to send it back. Then I promise to get an all new machine AND an RMA but so far nothing has happened. There is always an excuse of some kind and the alleged two support people have never actually happened. I also could not register mine because the link on their website doesn't work.

Also, my friend in California ordered one the same day I did and never got it. When she found out all the trouble I was having she asked to cancel her order and get a refund. She did get the refund but it was minus the shipping charges...when they never shipped it. She is now trying to get the shipping charges refunded.

I'll report further but I'm beginning to think we are all getting the run-around and who knows if there will ever be actual support for the machine.

Margaret
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #315  
Crimping Master

Hi Margaret

Sorry you are still having problems with them. I've been watching their website and blog for updates, but there aren't any. They were supposed to come out with a new pouch that didn't need all the chemicals. I do wonder if part of the problem (besides terrible service) happened when they switched machines. Remember ours were different?

Is there anyone on here who has been able to make stamps with the Stampcritter? How about the Just Rite Kit, has anyone had any luck with that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #316  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Stamp Critter - The worst customer service

I have been emailing back and forth with Tim at Stamp Critter regarding returning machine...I have not had much response from him. The first email, he ignored the fact that I wanted to return it and just sent me new instructions. After multiple emails, I was finally given the address to return the SC, but no RMA number. Since then, I have emailed multiple times regarding getting a RMA number - of course, no response! How hard can it be to give me a RMA number? Does anyone on here have someone else I can contact at Stamp Critter? I have also called 2 different phone numbers that are listed on their website to which I am told that Tim and no one else is available, and they cannot give me the RMA number because they are off-site from Stamp Critter - they can only take a message. This is the worst customer service I have ever received from a company. I wish I would have known this before I ordered from them. I just want to return the SC and get my refund! Thanks for letting me vent...I am just so angry and disappointed with this company!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2008, 09:02 AM   #317  
Crimping Master

WOW, things seem to be going from bad to worse with the Stampcritter Company. I have to say I had good service in the beginning, quick responses to emails and so forth. I'm sorry you are all having so much trouble with this.

I almost wish I could return mine because I'm afraid they will go out of business and I won't be able to find any more pouches. I have tested some from another company but without success so far. I wish someone else could pick up the ball and run with this idea. I still think it's a great idea, to be able to make your own stamps at home. And it has come in handy for me a few times all ready when I needed a sentiment that I didn't have.

How about the Just Rite Kit's? Anyone having any luck there?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2008, 09:22 AM   #318  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooked_on_stampinView Post

How about the Just Rite Kit's? Anyone having any luck there?
I would like to hear from others who have purchased the Just Rite Kit as well! I have absolutely no complaints at all with mine. I made a very detailed stamp last week and it came out great...and I didn't have to call customer service once.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2008, 09:31 AM   #319  
Mad Swapper

After using the 10 pouches (that came with the Justrite Kit) I only got 2 usable stamps. I went on the internet and called about 4 other companies to see if their pouches would work with the 60W light bulb and they all said NO. I believe the pouches that you can get from the JustRite company is expensive! I have ordered the Med. pouches and have gotten good results after the first set.I haven't ruined one with this set. Because of the expense I am trying to be very careful of the image I am making. The problem with this is it's alot of fun!
Sorry to those that have been unable to enlarge the thumbnail above.I have no idea why!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2008, 09:50 AM   #320  
Rubber Obsessor

Man! I'm sorry! I know it can add up --I guess the cost hasn't really hit me yet b/c I just don't have the time to use the pouches up as I'd like-- I still have some pouches left . Hopefully I can use them up soon and have good stamps to show off. But after I got the thing and used it a couple of times, I realized that it may be better to "save" my pouches for images that I *REALLY* want and can't find anywhere else- ;)
Reply With Quote Likes