Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Digital Scrapbooking Programs

I've been thinking about purchasing a digital scrapbooking program for a while now and have been considering the SU! My Digital Studio because I thought it might coordinate better with the SU! products and embellishments I already own. Does anybody have any feedback on this for me? Pros? Cons? Is there another program I should really consider like Creative Memories or Scrapbook Max? And how would my stuff coordinate with those? MDS is half price this week, so it's really tempting me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it and like it. I also own Creative memories and to me it wasn't was user friendly. It will *definitely* coordinate very well with your SU stuff. Plus if you have questions you can ask me (Cindy too).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 03:04 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

I don't know anything about it, but I am interested to here what others have to say. Have you ever digi scrapped before?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks Sara! I appreciate the input!

Mo, no, I've never digi scrapped before and it may be years before I ever really get into it, but scrapping is something I've always wanted to do and I've heard from others that digi is the way to go since most of my photos are digital, anyways. I did tell Kathy to go ahead and order it for me. I figure at that price it's worth trying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The most popular program for digital scrapbooking is Photoshop Elements. All the major digi scrap sites have tons of free tutorials for the program and there are thousands more available on the internet by googling. I don't think there would be that many resources for MDS as there are for PSE. As far as I know PSE is also cheaper to buy than MDS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #7  
Glitter Queen

I bought MDS earlier this summer with my bonus. I had never done any digital scrapping but had been interested for several years. I abosolutly love it. In the first week I had scrapped my daughter's 3rd birthday, 12 pages worth in a total of 5-6 hours, I could work on it for an hour or so each night, save and turn off the computer and nothing to put away. Then the next night it was right there waiting no mess to pull out. I used one of the preloaded templates then changed everything I could find to "make it my own" Now I have it saved and plan to eventually burn the pages on DVDs for slideshow for grandparents. It was very user friendly. Stampin Up also has been coming out with additional digital downloads for purchase every month and just lately more often than that.

I highly recomend it. If your interested in purchasing and don't alread have a demonstrator you can contact me about it. I just signed up as a demonstrator last night due to the current specials they are running.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks for the useful information! Cat_woman, I already own but no longer use Photoshop Elements as a photo organizer because I've been having issues with it. I don't know if it's just my computer or user error. I've never tried it for scrapbooking. Maybe I'll give that a shot when I get a new computer.

Kellpiejo, that's great information. Thanks for the offer, but I do have a demonstrator already. She just doesn't do scrapbooking so doesn't have MDS.

So, I have another question for those of you that use MDS. Can you scrap 8-1/2 x 11 pages or do they have to be 12 x 12?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill stampsView Post
Thanks for the useful information! Cat_woman, I already own but no longer use Photoshop Elements as a photo organizer because I've been having issues with it. I don't know if it's just my computer or user error. I've never tried it for scrapbooking. Maybe I'll give that a shot when I get a new computer.

Kellpiejo, that's great information. Thanks for the offer, but I do have a demonstrator already. She just doesn't do scrapbooking so doesn't have MDS.

So, I have another question for those of you that use MDS. Can you scrap 8-1/2 x 11 pages or do they have to be 12 x 12?
Have you tried re-installing PSE? That could fix the errors your getting - some files may have corrupted or inadvertently deleted...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
Have you tried re-installing PSE? That could fix the errors your getting - some files may have corrupted or inadvertently deleted...
I didn't re-install PSE because DH was having the same problems with his computer and we both just started using Picasa instead. I will try that, though. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 07:17 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

You can do all kind of sizes on MDS! I really like it...comes together quick and they have a lot of extra downloads...and I'm pretty sure you can use other companies images a well (no?). PLUS it's half off this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Under $50, can't beat that!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes