Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digi printing ...help...

New digi user here..and I am so confused LOL..how do I change where on the paper the image is printed? like instead of "the upper left hand corner" for example..I want it in the middle of the page to maybe do a piece of framed art?? Does this make sense? LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

I have no idea what the right way is, but I print the image out on regular paper , cut around it and put it back on the co
pier screen covered with another sheet of regular paper and then print it on the good paper. Did that make sense?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

Why wouldnt you put the paper in the printer that you were going to print it on to begin with?
Inkin One - In order to change where the digi is printed, you have to use the settings within whatever program youre using.
If you are using Word, then all you have to do is drag the picture and move it that way.
You can also alter the margins and tweak out other preferences that way -- but again, all within the program
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

ok..thanks ladies!! I will get my husband to show me LOL..I hate it when he has to show me stuff on the computer LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What program are you using to print the image? Once we know that we can offer better help
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

Thanks ladies..My husband helped and my friend talked me through it..thanks for all ther responses though..Oh and I found some videos on you tube..LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2012, 03:37 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Inkin- I know you may already have the answer, but I have my favorite methods to do that this that you may want to try. I either use Microsoft Word (for when I need to print from a different computer) or Inkscape (my #1 favorite)

In MS Word: Open the Image (Do an "insert" then "picture from file", this may have different options depending on what version of MS Office you are using). Once the image is open, double click and resize in this window, or on the image, just click it and scale manually. Most importantly, ***turn off Word Wrap on each image*** then you can put it anywhere on the paper you want.

In Inkscape (my favorite method): This is a free app and mostly popular for creating SVG's, but I love to use it to print digis for the reason that you can put them anywhere on the page. For this, Open Inkscape the do a file-> Open. Your digi will open in another Inkscape Window, you can either manipulate it in this window or if you are adding it to an existing file, just cut it from one the paste it in the other. Click on the image and at the top you can resize it to a specific measurement, or click on a corner to resize. This method is also best for printing multiple digis on one page which I like to do in order not to waste paper. Just "right click" then Duplicate to make an exact copy of the image. Be sure you change the page size in File-> Document Properties to your paper size, and the rectangle you see on the screen is the part of the file that prints so just arrange your digis in that area the way you want them. The reason I like Inkscape is because it's so much easier to print a digi on any size paper!

Hope this helps someone
Reply With Quote Likes