Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Darn It! Darn It!

I have been waiting for over a week for my Promarkers to arrive via FedEx! Wouldn't you know...they came this am while I was out for a little while! I knew the minute I left the house they would come. You have to sign for them, so now I have to wait until they make another delivery attempt...but not until at least next Tuesday! And it cost me $15+ for shipping! Ugh!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

If it is an urgent matter, you can pickup at the FedEx location as long as the truck that has your package returned to the facility. Give FedEx a call.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Same thing happened to me last week. I ordered a Big Shot from JoAnn's when I could get it for $59.00. I had it shipped to my work address since my porch doesn't have roof over it and it's been raining a lot lately. (Fed Ex will usually leave boxes without a signature if I tape a request on my front door.) It was delivered to my work address last Saturday when the office was closed. It had to go back to a loading facility and wasn't brought back to me until Tuesday. I sure hated the wait. The FED EX facility was about 75 miles from my home so I wasn't about to drive after it.

Remember: Patience is a virtue. Whoever said that wasn't waiting for craft supplies.

Mary Lou
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Not "urgent"...just anxious to start playing with them. I ordered them from Carpe Diem and the ground Fex Ex shipping was the cheapest at $15+...seems rather costly and then have to wait over a week. I'll live...but Mary Lou thanks for the tip about leaving the note ahead of delivery. I will keep that in mind next time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

$15 is usually the minimum I have to pay for regular usps shipping to Alaska - don't ask me why because a flat rate priority box is only about 10 cents more to Alaska. I can't even get Carpe Diem to give me a shipping rate even though they say they ship to all US states. They won't answer any of my 4 emails. I agree that it sound reasonable high at $15 unless you had next day shipping.

Enjoy your markers when you get them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How about Whipper Snappers? I bought three rubber stamps. Rubber only, no cling, no wood. They would easily fit in a first class envelope with two stamps. Or a padded envelope for under $2.00.

It cost me $10.95!! I live in Tenn, not Siberia. :rolleyes:

I almost didn't click buy but I wanted this germ stamp so bad. Caught a Bug
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesignsView Post
How about Whipper Snappers? I bought three rubber stamps. Rubber only, no cling, no wood. They would easily fit in a first class envelope with two stamps. Or a padded envelope for under $2.00.

It cost me $10.95!! I live in Tenn, not Siberia. :rolleyes:

I almost didn't click buy but I wanted this germ stamp so bad. Caught a Bug
Yes! This is EXACTLY why I refuse to buy from them. They are based in WI and SO am I, YET their shipping is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Fed Ex delivered my Pro Markers today! I have been coloring a little bit...I don't think I will ever be great at shading...I am afraid that probably takes talent! Unfortunately, none of that was shipped with the markers.

We only have a WalMart locally and their craft section stinks...so anything I want I have to drive 30 miles to a craft store and even then, you generally have to hit Hobby Lobby, Joann's and Michael's to get everything you need/want. With the price of gas, I will probably start buying more on line, but I really wish vendors would be more fair about the shipping fees. Why lower the price on an item if you are just going to make up for it by charging customers higher shipping fees? Makes no sense to me.

I don't understand why Carpe Diem wouldn't at least answer your emails Michelle...that's not right. Rude in fact!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

I missed my package from Wild Orchid today and I have to wait till Monday to go to the Post Office....pouting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Carpe diem has lost out on a customer. Don't give up on your markers, just keep practicing, you will get it!

Btw, a card stock paper I like that is readily available locally and works great with markers is Bristol smooth. Bristol is a type of art board/card stock. I get it at my grocery store in the office section.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Gina K has fabulous shipping rates. I recently ordered some ink & paper and noticed that I paid LESS for shipping than it actually cost to ship the items.

The whole FedEx, needing a signature thing must be mandated by whoever ships the item. I've had 6 boxes of Pampered Chef worth well over $1K left at my door with no signature required.
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2011, 06:12 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With both FedEx and UPS, you can get around the signature required issue. Just call them (they each have toll free numbers) a day or two prior to the actual delivery date. Give them the info and tell them to leave the package at your door. I've had no problem with doing it that way.

I just don't understand why you did have to sign for the markers? They may be VERY, VERY expensive markers, but they are only markers!

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes