Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-20-2008, 06:59 AM   #281  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering as a new consultant if any CTMH consultants out there have a inventory sheet for all the CTMH inks, paper, and refills that is blank that they would like to share.

I started out buying SU and my consultant had us make this really cute booklet that we used to keep track of our inventory of colors of paper and ink. Now that I am a consultant for CTMH, I have tons of new stuff and I am not as familiar with their colors, so I would like to have an inventory sheet so I don't buy more than one. Which I have already done with a stamp set! I will just keep it so if I decide to do a hostess appreciation party at the end of the year, I will have these extra for prizes.

Anyway, if anyone has anything they would like to share please do so. If not, keep an eye open, because if I don't here back in the next couple of days, I may use excel and try to come up with one of my own. If I do, I will try to post!

TIA for all you wonderful ladies help! You are the best and that is why I come here for help first!!!!

Roschell
aka scrapbookrosie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2008, 07:06 AM   #282  
Rubber Obsessor

I am pretty new too and would love something like that.

Right now, I just mark on my copy of the catalog, with a p for pad, m for marker and s for stamp pad when I have one, so that I don't end up ordering more of the same.

If I order the whole family at one time, I just circle around the whole family name, so I know I have everything in there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 07:36 PM   #283  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm a catalog marker also it keeps me on track so I don't reorder something I already have LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #284  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieGallView Post
I'm a catalog marker also it keeps me on track so I don't reorder something I already have LOL!
me too! Probably not the most efficient but definitely a FUN way to keep track
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #285  
Rubber Obsessor

I am waiting for October to roll in, so that I can place an order for all the inks I don't have and want and pad it a little to get the hostess collection 3 for organizing them.

Anyone has it already. Want to share what you love and/or hate about it?

Isn't it funny, how we buy stuff and then buy more stuff to organize what we bought.

Gosh, when will it end?:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 07:47 PM   #286  
Rubber Obsessor

In case you all are wondering why ink pads cost so much, I buy markers and re inkers when I buy any pad. A friend told me they have better resale value that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #287  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Oh Yeah!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndiAnnaJonesView Post
I am waiting for October to roll in, so that I can place an order for all the inks I don't have and want and pad it a little to get the hostess collection 3 for organizing them.

Anyone has it already. Want to share what you love and/or hate about it?

Isn't it funny, how we buy stuff and then buy more stuff to organize what we bought.

Gosh, when will it end?:rolleyes:
I have it & just wanted to say that you will really, really like it! The organizer is SO convenient, I love that it holds the markers as well. I like being able to just grab a color easily. I haven't used the bag because I find it easier to use the Accessories case and just take a few inks with me if I'm going to a crop or stamp camp...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 07:51 PM   #288  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking YES!

Quote:

In case you all are wondering why ink pads cost so much, I buy markers and re inkers when I buy any pad. A friend told me they have better resale value that way.
Very convenient! I have started purchasing Re-Inker when I buy the stamp pad also-- Easier. I haven't done that with the markers though...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #289  
Rubber Obsessor

I find them useful for touch-ups and sometimes coloring in small images too. But I think if you have the re-inkers and the blending pen, that should do that job too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 06:00 AM   #290  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Time for Scrappin' FUN!

here on SCS! SO...if any of you are home tonight and looking to scrap, it's Friday Night Scrappin' Football HERE on SCS at 8 EST :o

Come and Play!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 06:39 AM   #291  
Glitter Queen

Default CTMH List

Hi,

If you are a CTMH consultant - try the CTMH bulletin boards - I've seen mention of those lists from time to time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #292  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love CTMH...
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 07:05 AM   #293  
vcr
Rubber Obsessor

Just thought I would chime in so that this thread does not fade away. I just became a CTMH consultant on Aug 22/08 and love, love, love it. I have not had allot of help understanding it all because my upline is very busy. But, I think I am stumbling through fine. In the month of September I sold $800. and only a small portion was to me. I had an open house, have a 6 for 6 stamp club started, and did a card class that was very popular and the students have requested a class a month. If this is as far as my business goes, I will be happy. If it goes further, I well be very happy.

Val
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 07:08 AM   #294  
Rubber Obsessor

Good for you Val. Any time you have questions you can either post here or on the CTMH bulletin boards that you can find on the consultant home page.

You are doing a lot better than most in your situation are. So keep up the good work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #295  
Mad Swapper

I'm so glad I stumbled on this site! I went to a CTMH party YEARS ago, and although I love my oval cutters nothing else really interested me. Everything seemed soooo basic and dull.

But now going through the online catalog, all I can say is WOW! It knocked my socks off! It sure has come a long way-- I'm going to have to locate a consultant to get myself a catalog! All the clear stamps I see aren't very intricate, so I just assumed that was the nature of the beast, but I see a lot of CTMH stamps are really intricate. I'm quite impressed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 08:56 AM   #296  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Michelle-
You can go here to find a consultant in your area.
http://www.closetomyheart.com/ConsultantLocator

If they don't respond in a day or two, send me a PM and I will send you a catalog.
You will like clear stamps, if you don't mind saving space and also not working hard to find the right place to stamp. But CTMH has more wonderful products than stamps. Their paper packs are gorgeous. The latest perfect day is my fave.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #297  
Mad Swapper

I am thinking about becoming a CTMH consultant, can someone tell me how things work as far as what we have to sell a month and what we get for discounts and things like that, just to let you know I live in Canada, I don't know if things are different between country's. There isn't anyone in my area that is a consultant for me to ask these question. Any help that you ladies can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jackie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #298  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Go Here

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackie1View Post
I am thinking about becoming a CTMH consultant, can someone tell me how things work as far as what we have to sell a month and what we get for discounts and things like that, just to let you know I live in Canada, I don't know if things are different between country's. There isn't anyone in my area that is a consultant for me to ask these question. Any help that you ladies can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jackie
Hey Jackie,
You can go here and find a consultant in your area also I believe?
Consultant Website

That way you can contact someone close that way you'll have Upline close by. Also, now is a GREAT time to sign up as they are having a "Chocolate" sign up special!! ($100 Plus in free products)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #299  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Come and Play!

Hey CTMH Scrappers,
You are ALL INVITED to come and scrap with us here in the SCS Scrappin' threads! We have a Goal Challenge thread where we all try to decide how many pages we're going to get done that month. We have weekly challenges and share lots of pages with each other. It's all FUN!

October Scrap Goal Challenge HERE :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:57 AM   #300  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackie1View Post

Jackie
Jackie-
If you don't find anyone or don't like who you find, let me know, I will post something on the bulletin boards and someone from Canada will be glad to take you under their wing. I even know a couple of Canadian consultants that are really nice, that I get you in touch with.

You have to sell 300 per calendar quarter. If you have a few friends that are into scrapbooking/cardmaking, you will not have any problem making that. You get 22% for the first three hundred and more if you sell more. The ideal situation would be to find you a good consultant in your area to give you some guidance.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 06:14 AM   #301  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Jackie-
If you don't find anyone or don't like who you find, let me know, I will post something on the bulletin boards and someone from Canada will be glad to take you under their wing. I even know a couple of Canadian consultants that are really nice, that I get you in touch with.

You have to sell 300 per calendar quarter. If you have a few friends that are into scrapbooking/cardmaking, you will not have any problem making that. You get 22% for the first three hundred and more if you sell more. The ideal situation would be to find you a good consultant in your area to give you some guidance.

Good luck!

Thanks for the information. I will let you know if I don't find a consultant close by when I do a consultant search after the kids go of to school.

As for being able to sell $300 per quarter I don't think I will have much problem doing that myself.

I read on this thread that if you don't sell your quota that you are down graded to a jr consultant with 10% discount until you make the $300 quota, am I understanding this correctly?

Jackie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 06:24 AM   #302  
Rubber Obsessor

Ain't that the truth? We all spend more than $300 a quarter.

Here is the stuff from the manual

"An active Consultant who fails to meet the quarterly minimum sales requirement of $300 in commissionable sales automatically becomes a Junior Consultant. Junior Consultants lose all rights to their Downline, which is rolled up to their Upline. A Junior Consultant is not allowed to recruit or have a MyCTMH website. A new Consultant may not sign up to be a Junior Consultant. At certain Close To My Heart events, including Convention, Junior Consultants will not be eligible for the product discounts that active Consultants enjoy.

Junior Consultants are eligible for a 10% discount on commissionable sales and may not acquire product with the 22% discount associated with active Consultant status.

A Junior Consultant must submit a minimum of $100 in commissionable sales (at the 10% discount) each full calendar year to remain a Junior Consultant. A Junior Consultant who does not submit $100 in commissionable sales as outlined above becomes a former Consultant."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 07:35 AM   #303  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Ain't that the truth? We all spend more than $300 a quarter.

Here is the stuff from the manual

"An active Consultant who fails to meet the quarterly minimum sales requirement of $300 in commissionable sales automatically becomes a Junior Consultant. Junior Consultants lose all rights to their Downline, which is rolled up to their Upline. A Junior Consultant is not allowed to recruit or have a MyCTMH website. A new Consultant may not sign up to be a Junior Consultant. At certain Close To My Heart events, including Convention, Junior Consultants will not be eligible for the product discounts that active Consultants enjoy.

Junior Consultants are eligible for a 10% discount on commissionable sales and may not acquire product with the 22% discount associated with active Consultant status.

A Junior Consultant must submit a minimum of $100 in commissionable sales (at the 10% discount) each full calendar year to remain a Junior Consultant. A Junior Consultant who does not submit $100 in commissionable sales as outlined above becomes a former Consultant."

Thanks, I was hoping that I read that right, this means that the pressure is not as great to constantly be making the $300 quota, and losing your consultant status if you don't make the minumum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 08:12 AM   #304  
Glitter Queen

I joined CTMH in August and love it. Like most everyone else I could just about meet the minimum by myself. I probably should have joined a lot sooner than I did! LOL!! I'm a stamper / cardmaker - scrapbooks take me too long. I like how I can make cards quickly and give them away to family and friends.

I've seen several Canadian consultants posting on the CTMH bulletin boards maybe one of them is close to you. I think somebody already suggested using the consultant locator.

Good luck!! Hope you decide to join the CTMH team!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 08:53 AM   #305  
Mad Swapper

I went on the consultant locator and found a couple of consultants that are a couple of town's over from me so I will try and get a hold of them later today.

I had thought about becoming a SU demo but my demo is fantastic and I have everything that they give you in the starter kit, so when I seen the CTMH book I fell in love with most of the stamps so I figured that before I buy everything through someone else I might as well sign up and get discounts for myself and maybe make a few extra dollars. I know that my SU demo won't mind, and she probably will get a few things from me as well, she is very good that way and has alot of acrylic stamps as well.

Jackie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 10:23 AM   #306  
Glitter Queen

Hi Jackie,

I have a couple of SU sets as well as other wooden stamps. I can use them ok but really prefer the clear stamps from CTMH because they make it so easy to position exactly where I want to stamp because I can see through the block.

I have a neighbor who is a SU demonstrator - there are a couple of things I want from her (punches that I can't find anywhere else) and there is some stuff she wants to order from me - so it works out well for both of us.:p

Like you said, you might as well get the starter kit and even the add on's if they appeal to you (there is one for scrapbooking and one for stamping/cardmaking) plus if you join in October you get an additional $100 in free product with the Chocolate theme. Makes it an even "sweeter" deal - pardon the pun! ;)

Best wishes!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #307  
Glitter Guru

Hi there
I am extending anyone who uses CTMH paper to join the Virtual Scrapbooking Weekend Oct 17-19--if you havent ever done one, its easy--you just go to the challenge thread to the Virtual Scrapbooking thread and then to each of the challenges that are posted every couple of hours or so--there is a schedule
I would like everyone to come and play--but especially those who scrap with CTMH because I just became a consultant and I would love to see what you do with your paper!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #308  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Yeah! Come and play

Quote:

Originally Posted by fressheView Post
Hi there
I am extending anyone who uses CTMH paper to join the Virtual Scrapbooking Weekend Oct 17-19--if you havent ever done one, its easy--you just go to the challenge thread to the Virtual Scrapbooking thread and then to each of the challenges that are posted every couple of hours or so--there is a schedule
I would like everyone to come and play--but especially those who scrap with CTMH because I just became a consultant and I would love to see what you do with your paper!!!
YEAH for VSBN!! I just love the new colors -- Tulip, Sorbet, Creme Brulee, & Juniper. I hope to get busy using my new stock of these colors

Here's a LINK to VSBN Threads
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2008, 08:15 AM   #309  
Compulsive Stamper

I get to play hostess for our CTMH group this month. I was wondering if there are any other promotions going on besides the Chocolate one? thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #310  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrisanneView Post
I get to play hostess for our CTMH group this month. I was wondering if there are any other promotions going on besides the Chocolate one? thanks
Nothing interesting for existing consultants this month. Next month, you may want to chime in for some great deal on die cuts.
What did you get for your hostess benefits?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #311  
Compulsive Stamper

My party will be next Tuesday, so I'm still trying to decide on what I'm going to order, and what will be hostess benefits. I'm not a consultant, and the chocolate promo looks great, but I know that I wouldn't be able to keep up with the quarterly requirements. Well, maybe I could, but my husband would be a little put out if I was the only one ordering!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2008, 08:27 AM   #312  
Compulsive Stamper

Does anyone have the exclusive inks organizer? Is this the same thing that SU! offers? I would love to organize my ink pads, but I have pads from many different companies. SU!, CTMH, versamark and staz-on. Will the versamark and staz-on pads fit in the openings, or are they too narrow? Can anyone give me some info? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2008, 08:58 AM   #313  
Rubber Obsessor

I will get mine tomorrow. I will try to organize my inks in it either tomorrow or day after and will let you know my first hand experience.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #314  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks so much! I am mostly worried about the staz-on pads just not fitting! They are the ones that I am having the hardest time keeping organized.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #315  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Hmmm?

Quote:

Does anyone have the exclusive inks organizer? Is this the same thing that SU! offers? I would love to organize my ink pads, but I have pads from many different companies. SU!, CTMH, versamark and staz-on. Will the versamark and staz-on pads fit in the openings, or are they too narrow? Can anyone give me some info? Thanks!
I have one! I only put my CTMH pads in but I'll check others and let you know which ones fit.... I'll be back, LOL! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 04:10 AM   #316  
Matboard Maniac

I'm back!! I signed up in August and am loving it!! I'm having my FIRST workshop this coming Saturday!! WHOO!! I'm looking forward to it and hoping to get my foot in the door. The funny thing about is that they all were SU customers!!! So hopefully I can win some of them over! ;)
www.jensmessystudio.com
www.facebook.com/jensmessystudio

Last edited by mama3boys; 10-16-2008 at 04:10 AM.. Reason: wrong smiley face, LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 04:31 AM   #317  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Crisanne-
I forgot to come back here and tell you what I thought of it.
Pros:
1. It is not big at all. Fits in a small corner of your table. 60 pads, 74 markers and the tray on the top for re-inkers.
2. Fits all CTMH pads, stazon, adirondak inkpads very well. I don't have any SU pads to try.
3. Easy to carry around, since it comes with a carrying case. Take out the re-inker tray, pop it in the bag and go.

Cons:
1. The markers are all on one side, so unless you figure out a system, there is no one to one relation to markers and pads. It makes it harder to pull out the marker you are looking for or even the re-inker for that matter.
2. It is not one hand operation to turn. The pads go in and come out very loose and while turning, I am afraid of tipping over everything, so I have to use both hands, one to hold the other side while turning with the other.
3. It holds 60 pads and that is it. No extras.
4. Takes up table space on your counter/table.

So my personal opinion...
don't go buying extra to get that and also remember that you can buy anything from the catalog at half price, no shipping. You don't have to buy only the hostess collections shown on page 3 as hostess gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 07:26 AM   #318  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by mama3boysView Post
I'm back!! I signed up in August and am loving it!! I'm having my FIRST workshop this coming Saturday!! WHOO!! I'm looking forward to it and hoping to get my foot in the door. The funny thing about is that they all were SU customers!!! So hopefully I can win some of them over! ;)
Welcome Jen!
I am sure you will do well. Think of it this way, even if you don't turn them into acrylic stamp addicts right away, you get to show them our product and now they know that our stamps are not like Studio G stamps. Ours are thick and have so much body to them, it is hard to squish them unlike other clear stamps.
Our stamps take up less space to store and take up half as much space than SU stamps.
Tell them why you prefer CTMH over SU, granted you do :-)

Don't slam the other company though. I think that won't do any good.
Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 07:34 AM   #319  
Matboard Maniac

It is not going to happen. My reasoning are good reasons and they all know it.. they completely understood why AND I still LOVE their products, just wished that they would broad it more to fit the normal things of life -- the world is not full of girls ;) There are plently of boys. Heck, I still buy some things from my old upline. In fact, I just got my stamp set from SU yesterday (Under the star) and it is perfect for camping too... (I was SU demo for 4 1/2 years)

The people that are going to be at workshop on Saturday - are all my old SU customers and they all know the real reason why I left SU and knows I still buy them whenever they have things that interest me as it's used for my boys' pages.

There's really no reason for me to slam the company at all. I'm not the only one that has some plm wth too many stamp sets of flowers/girls stuff. They understand completely so it's not a problem at all.
www.jensmessystudio.com
www.facebook.com/jensmessystudio

Last edited by mama3boys; 10-16-2008 at 07:34 AM.. Reason: forgot to add something
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 08:19 AM   #320  
Rubber Obsessor

Same here. I started buying SU stamps before I became a CTMH con and still do. My blog is filled with ideas from both company products.

Lot of stampers have never heard of CTMH and I think that is what we need to do. Spread the word.
Reply With Quote Likes