Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-31-2006, 04:50 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Cricut story

I just had to write and ask has anyone else done this. My husband and I are at Michaels, we just saw a Cricut demo., and I just had to have one. He bought me one since there were only 2 left. It would be my birthday,anniversary gift. Well, we had the 40% coupon and they let me use it on another cartridge, and I decided I better have one with symbols and not just letters, so now we have 2 extra cartridges. Now we have no business in Topeka, Kansas that sells these, so we are out of town, so we decide to buy the extra blades, accessory kit,and extra pads. Long story short, got it home, used it a couple of times, and decided in 2 days, I liked my good old SU stamps, and sold the machine and extras on Ebay. Moral of the story, don't do like I did, and jump the gun, LOL!! I can laugh about it now that it's gone.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2006, 05:09 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I was in Michael's today looking at the Cricut. I couldn't find any brochure or anything so I was just kind of looking it over. I know if I had seen a demo I would have wanted one, too. That's great that you were able to sell everything on eBay. Maybe I'm better off now knowing (or seeing!).

Member #32310
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2006, 05:41 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindygrammy2
I just had to write and ask has anyone else done this. My husband and I are at Michaels, we just saw a Cricut demo., and I just had to have one. He bought me one since there were only 2 left. It would be my birthday,anniversary gift. Well, we had the 40% coupon and they let me use it on another cartridge, and I decided I better have one with symbols and not just letters, so now we have 2 extra cartridges. Now we have no business in Topeka, Kansas that sells these, so we are out of town, so we decide to buy the extra blades, accessory kit,and extra pads. Long story short, got it home, used it a couple of times, and decided in 2 days, I liked my good old SU stamps, and sold the machine and extras on Ebay. Moral of the story, don't do like I did, and jump the gun, LOL!! I can laugh about it now that it's gone.
Oh, I am so glad you posted this...I just saw that Joann's had it on sale this week and was curious about it. How did you do on Ebay...I suppose the auction isn't over yet...

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2006, 05:48 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am ALWAYS doning stuff like that! Love ebay for that reason it saves me from jumping the gun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2006, 06:11 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

To slprunning yes the auction is over, and it sold and I have it mailed off, before I could change my mind again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2006, 07:16 PM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

I have done this before, I am such a despresate need of a die cut machine. First I got sizzix, then sold it on ebay because I hated it, then got a zip e mate. I liked it until the xyron came out. Sold the zip e mate and some die and got the xyron personal cutting system. I love it until I saw the cricut. I think this is the better option for me. So I just sold my xyron and now I have the cricut coming. Hopefully this is the last time, or I am in trouble because they keep getting more expensive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2006, 07:30 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyesMom
I have done this before, I am such a despresate need of a die cut machine. First I got sizzix, then sold it on ebay because I hated it, then got a zip e mate. I liked it until the xyron came out. Sold the zip e mate and some die and got the xyron personal cutting system. I love it until I saw the cricut. I think this is the better option for me. So I just sold my xyron and now I have the cricut coming. Hopefully this is the last time, or I am in trouble because they keep getting more expensive.
well maybe you should sell the cricut and get a wishblade next (J/K)? they're awesome! lol!

have fun!
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2006, 07:31 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyesMom

I'm here just a laughin'! And we say "boys and their toys"! My poor husband has had to give me so much of his storage space for me and my SU supplies! Your right about expensive.....but I think of it as an investment in my sanity, it is much better therapy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2006, 07:45 AM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuliaMize
I'm here just a laughin'! And we say "boys and their toys"! My poor husband has had to give me so much of his storage space for me and my SU supplies! Your right about expensive.....but I think of it as an investment in my sanity, it is much better therapy
No kidding!!! I told my husband that this is the only that keeps me sane and from giving my daughter away. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2006, 08:05 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK! Glad I am not the only one that does things like this!

I only bought the Zip'e Mate! ONLY - hahaha

It is still unopened, sitting in its box on the shelf, and I keep asking myself, Why did I buy this! I stamp cards, I have no dies, no stencils, why?

So maybe I need to visit the Buy/Sell/Trade forum soon?

Karen

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2006, 08:18 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

All these comments are hysterical! I too have done stuff on impulse only to think again how crazed I can get when "in the mode." Thanks for your transparency ladies. Also, I might add to skyesmom that I heard said from a teen leader than teens are "prepeople" people. We weren't like that....were we?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2006, 08:41 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think *boyz* toys cost more than ours?

The table saw was a grunch! compared to a few SU sets! LOL LOL LOL

Karen

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes