Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cricut & scal warrenty issues??? FEAR....

OK, I was given a new cricut Expression for Christmas, this was a new one from walmart.. TEAL! I bought scal...downloaded tons of fonts,..... BUT.... now I am too scared to use them together..... I hear that if you use scal cricut will not help you with any warranty issues

I have only seen 1-2 people say that this had happened to them, acutallyone was a 2nd hand story.. soooo

..Fess up.. has anyone been helped by cricut after using scal? Did you get help, or were you rejected? Did you just not tell them ?

Any thoughts? I would love to be able to use my Cricut without having to wait till after june to get a new cartridge....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

SCAL is NOT 'installed' on your Cricut. It is only installed on your computer. Nothing is changed on the Cricut itself. I have not had any problems with my Cricut because of using SCAL. Unless you call increased usage of the Cricut a problem . . .

The way I looked at it was this: If I created a cutting machine, and I wanted people to buy cartridges from me to be able to cut on it--I would probably tell them that anything else to make the machine do the cutting would void the warranty, too.

This is strictly my thought on the matter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2010, 04:24 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

>

This.

There is absolutely no way Provo Craft would know what programs you have on your computer unless you told them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2010, 08:15 PM   #4  
Inking Addict

>

Exactly! Provo Craft has no rights to ask you what is installed on your computer. Besides, you still have to have a Cricut cartridge in the machine before you can use SCAL - that is not an infraction on the warranty. You can not use SCAL to cut from any Cricut cartridge either. So, your warranty is still valid.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2010, 08:00 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Default SCAL

YOu will LOVE SCAL! Go here SVG Files for Sure Cuts A Lot - SVGCuts.com and reap the rewards of freedom from cartridges that you maybe use 20% from... (not that I still don't buy them) but it's called variety!

I haven't experienced any issues and besides- you bought the machine from Wal-Mart- keep the gift receipt... I doubt you will have issues... I think that Provocraft would rather have the profit from the cartridges... it's just business. Besides there is no way to tell you've been using SCAL.

HAVE FUN!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2010, 09:33 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb ZaView Post
SCAL is NOT 'installed' on your Cricut. It is only installed on your computer. Nothing is changed on the Cricut itself. I have not had any problems with my Cricut because of using SCAL. Unless you call increased usage of the Cricut a problem . . .

The way I looked at it was this: If I created a cutting machine, and I wanted people to buy cartridges from me to be able to cut on it--I would probably tell them that anything else to make the machine do the cutting would void the warranty, too.

This is strictly my thought on the matter.
Exactly! Have fun with your SCAL with no worries. It's just a scare tactic that is used time and again when a better product is available from a competitor.
Enjoy the freedom to cut anything under the sun with tons of free svg. files available on the internet. No need to be held hostage by those overpriced cartridges. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2010, 07:38 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Default WOWSA!!!! :-D

OK, I finally got up the guts to try the SCAL w/ the expression, AMAZING! Woo Hoo! this is so much fun! ... well, it was fun after I figured out how to rotate the workspace setup so that the items where were I wanted them on the paper....

Thank you for the encouragement! I am so glad I took the plunge.... :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2010, 11:28 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

I use a different software on my laptop with my Cricut and unless Provocraft throws a sub peona at me to see what's on my laptop, pfffffffftttttttt! Besides, I only had four cartridges to begin with. Over Thanksgiving I got five more. So it isn't like I'm NOT buying cartridges.

Enjoy! It's so much fun and there are so many places to go get svg files to download and cut. I know Penny Duncan Creations has a lot of them and they're free.
Reply With Quote Likes