Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cricut paperdolls sizes to cut for accessories

If I am cutting a 4" paperdoll, what size shold I be using to cut outfits, accessories etc? What would ratio be for doll to clothes?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

with the cricut it sizes everything for you. so if you cut your paper doll at 4" you would cut all of the clothes, etc at 4" as well - then they will all be cut to fit the 4" doll. just make sure you DO NOT have it set on real dial size.
HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

That's what I thought although some of the things seemed to be a bit too large. Will try again!
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2011, 03:09 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Received 370 Likes on 220 Posts

I have found that the accessories are not proportional to the dolls. I have to "guesstimate." I usually have to try a few times. It's kind of frustrating, but they turn out so cute that it's worth it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2011, 05:20 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will find that most all the accessories will be larger than the actual person figure. That's normal. Just keep body size and accessory size the same as has been said previously.

I've found that a few times I iwill trim the hair and shoes a tad to fit my liking, but other than that it's how it was cut by the machine.

Just line up the pieces on the person so they fit......ears show on some hair styles......pants bottoms will slightly over lap tops of shoes, etc.

I use the people cartridges a lot for various situations.....I love it!

Patti

P.S. add your own person detail to the clothing with markers.....stitching, buttons, crease marks, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2011, 06:14 AM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

You are all so helpful with my dilema, I thought it was a complicated enginenering thing!
Thank You "Oh Smart Ones!"
Jeanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #7  
Glitter Queen

I am the proud new owner of a Cricut Personal Cutter. I realize it isn't the full size machine, but I just bought the Wild Card Cartridge and can't get it to cut some envelopes and cards. I'm getting a message that says the characters won't fit, please pick a different size. Shouldn't it at least be able to cut at the 5" that the machine allows? When I get that message, it won't even let me cut at 1". Am I doing something wrong, or is this cartridge just very limited with the smaller machine? I was hoping to be able to at least cut gift card size cards. Any advice and/or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2011, 05:21 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

kathykag........Using the Tag, Bags cartridge can be a challenge with the original Cricut. Your cuts will come out very tiny. Not all of the images on the cartridge can be cut at the 5 inch setting because the other direction may be larger. You do need to reduce the size. There is nothing you can do about that. If you keep getting the machine saying to reduce the size, I would suggest clearing the screen and starting over again for deciding the size. I feel sometimes the machine gets stuck after we ask it to do something several times. So just clear and start over again.

Good luck with trying to cut anything on that cartridge for a useable size. Some will work, but not all that many. I feel Cricut should put a larger warning on that box so people are not disappointed. I love the cartridge but I also use the Design Studio and the Expression to cut.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2011, 05:48 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

PJW2855,
Thanks so much for the tip. I did try to clear the machine, but nothing seemed to work. I'll try again later. Maybe it just needed a rest.

I did know this cart wouldn't be able to do some of the functions on the original machine when I bought it, but I have found quite a bit that I can do with it, so it's not a total disappointment. I also bought the cart from Amazon, so I only paid $20 for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

kathykag......You're Welcome!

You can use some of the images on your cards or scrapbook pages instead of stand alone items. Even with the Expression some of the images don't come out all that large either.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes