Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #121  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewnmachineView Post
OH HAPPY HAPPY DAY!!!!! IT WORKS!!! I think I'm going to faint ( or maybe have a cigarette!)

My baby bug works wonderfully with Cricut Craft Room! I opened up CCR, installed the device drivers, went to the design mat.....and deliberately chose a cartridge that is linked to my Gypsy. Expecting the worst ( smoke and flames shooting from my Cricut and my Cartridge nothing but a burnt out shell).....
BUT - I hit the cut button, it recognized my cartridge - and it performs just like the Gypsy. And it loaded the mat, cut the image and unloaded. Flawless!

Do you realize what this means????? I'm gonna get a mini!. Oh yes I am!!
Good for you!! But, just use your Cricut instead of smoke , it's healthier and you accomplish something!
Have fun and glad it works!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2012, 01:33 AM   #122  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by paigewithpanacheView Post
If you never sell anything , you must have quite a stash!! I am not a fan of having a yard sale but I will sell online certain things. Clothes I usually take to Goodwill.
I tossed the idea again of getting a Cameo in addition to my Cricut, but right now I am having a blast with my new CTMH Art Philosophy and soon to arrive Ultimate Creative Cartridge. I use the card bases a lot and can still do my stamping and coloring of choice. I will still get the CTMH Artiste and then that will be it. That will give me a really good selection.
There is a woman here in IL. that assembles scenery or landscape pictures using very small paper cuts , you would probably love her work. She sells her framed work in artist galleries. My mother bought one and it is a favorite. Enjoy your art.
I can relate to minimal way of life. Simple is better for me , just make sure I have an area for my creativities.
I donate everything I no longer use. I have a nice stash but it's everything I love or use. When I no longer love it or use it I give it away. I declutter my craft room every week and then do a deep decluttering every six months. My Mom lives in a neighborhood with lots of elderly and the elderly highrises. I give my items away to the ladies so they can make pretty things. I donate my items to the thrift store, women's shelter's and runaway girl shelters.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2012, 01:39 AM   #123  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

OH HAPPY HAPPY DAY!!!!! IT WORKS!!! I think I'm going to faint ( or maybe have a cigarette!)

My baby bug works wonderfully with Cricut Craft Room! I opened up CCR, installed the device drivers, went to the design mat.....and deliberately chose a cartridge that is linked to my Gypsy. Expecting the worst ( smoke and flames shooting from my Cricut and my Cartridge nothing but a burnt out shell).....
BUT - I hit the cut button, it recognized my cartridge - and it performs just like the Gypsy. And it loaded the mat, cut the image and unloaded. Flawless!

Sewn- That is so great! I am so excited for you. Did you use the Gypsy with CCR? You know have the Gypsy plugged in like the Jukebox when you cut. Did you use your cartridges instead?

I have been using cartridges to cut or transfer my files over to the Gypsy. I would love to use CCR and have the Gypsy connected. Ok, I am probably not making sense. I have a small headache, lol.

Did you see the Mini is cutting felt and leather? There is a couple of you tube videos for Cricut Mini felt projects. One of my friends cut out a leather project with her mini. I about fainted over that leather thing, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2012, 04:27 AM   #124  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh Good Grief. No! I had the cart plugged into the machine. Now I feel just.... well....stupid.
Somehow after sifting through all of the various posts, in various topics, I came away with the conclusion that CCR would not recognize ANY cart that had been linked to a Gypsy. I guess I took that to mean that my linked carts wouldn't work at all in CCR.

Well crap. But at least now I can design on my laptop. I don't suppose anything I design on my laptop will transfer to my Gypsy. And I'm not brave enough yet to push that envelope. At least not if that would require me using Cricut Sync or updating my Gypsy.

You know, if I had a brain life would be sooooo much easier.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #125  
Die Cut Diva

Don't beat yourself up. A lot of people think that their cartridges are unusable once linked to the Gypsy. That is a common misconception and an understandable one.

You can transfer your CCR (laptop save files) to the Gypsy. You do have to use Cricut Sync. It's really easy. I don't know if you have to update the Gypsy though. My Gypsy is updated. I just updated it when I took the Imagine app off. You could try saving through Cricut Sync to the Gypsy and if it says to update just cancel out and unplug the Gypsy.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2012, 04:42 AM   #126  
Glitter Queen

Thank you for your reviews of the cutters you have. I thought I decided on the Cameo but then became concerned about cutting card stock. I also am considering the Bosskut Gazelle. I want something super easy to cut digital files - sometimes lace. The most important feature is to be able to print and cut. It sounds like from your comments the Cameo may be for me. Would you elaborate about the print and cut features?

Thanks so much.
Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #127  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Yippeee!!! So happy that you took the plunge!!

Mini's are a wonderful thing too!!! I just got one about a month ago. Love it.

I am a life artist and love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #128  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
I donate everything I no longer use. I have a nice stash but it's everything I love or use. When I no longer love it or use it I give it away. I declutter my craft room every week and then do a deep decluttering every six months. My Mom lives in a neighborhood with lots of elderly and the elderly highrises. I give my items away to the ladies so they can make pretty things. I donate my items to the thrift store, women's shelter's and runaway girl shelters.
Awesome way to take out the old and in with the new!!! That is fantastic.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #129  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by joseyxView Post
Thank you for your reviews of the cutters you have. I thought I decided on the Cameo but then became concerned about cutting card stock. I also am considering the Bosskut Gazelle. I want something super easy to cut digital files - sometimes lace. The most important feature is to be able to print and cut. It sounds like from your comments the Cameo may be for me. Would you elaborate about the print and cut features?

Thanks so much.
Susan
Susan, BossKut Gazelle appears to be an awesome machine. It's a bit pricey but overall, has some wonderful features from what I am reading about it lately.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #130  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ladies, thought I would share this card I created using the new Folk Art Cricut cartridge that is a Micheal's exclusive. I really like how intricate the cuts are on this card.
Attached Thumbnails
Cricut , Cameo and what else?-folk-art.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #131  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokiesgalView Post
Ladies, thought I would share this card I created using the new Folk Art Cricut cartridge that is a Micheal's exclusive. I really like how intricate the cuts are on this card.
Wow that's amazing! I haven't seen that one. Can you get it online I wonder? Michael's an hour away from me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #132  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by paigewithpanacheView Post
Wow that's amazing! I haven't seen that one. Can you get it online I wonder? Michael's an hour away from me.
The cartridge is exclusive at a Micheal's store only. I would call them and see if they can hold you one if they have it in the store. It is fairly new so a little hard to get right now.

Reply With Quote Likes