Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-23-2007, 12:38 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Create-A-Cut

I saw the Create-a-Cut on Ellen Hutson's page. I'd never even heard of it, but I really think I would like this, especially the scalloped edge. She has samples of things she has made on her blog. They are lovely. She also sells it, but only takes PayPal. I found it on a site called Nasco, but they are out of stock, and the scalloped edge blade has to be purchased separately. Do any of you have a Create-a-Cut?? What is your opinion? And where can I buy it? Is it worth the price? For a picture of what it does, go to http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/ellen...cut/index.html and look at the picture of the scalloped card. Beautiful scalloped edge.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2007, 12:59 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

There is a link at the bottom of the Paypal checkout form that gives you an option of paying by credit card w/o having/opening a Paypal account. I ordered and received mine from Ellen (ASAP, I might add) and LOVE IT!!!!! I love spending my money with fellow SCS'rs!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Its a great concept but I dont have one because honestly (please dont flame me) its overpriced unnecessary gadget. But if you like to do decorative edges a lot then I would buy it. But I wouldnt buy so you can do a scalloped edge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2007, 01:10 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a Create-A-Cut and I have all the blades that they make for it. I love it! I use if all the time. They made all types of blades for it and even a straight edge blade. You can order through them directly. If you go to their website you can get the information from there. They also have a really neat carrying case that you can hull it around with you. It's a great case if you get one, I suggest you get the case (it has wheels so you can just roll it with you!). It's really worth the investment!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2007, 03:04 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't have this but I believe in buying top quality paper cutters. I see too many cards with ragged edges or layers. If you want to cut in scallops I suggest you send Ellen a private message or email and ask her about it. She is terrific. I really want this, but already have a genesis trimmer, which is even more pricey!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2007, 03:38 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up Thumbs Up on Create-a-Cut

I have the Create-a-Cute, ordered from Ellen. I hate to say that I have only used it once in the last month, but that is because I just haven't been stamping that much, but I LOVE the trimmer. It makes nice clean cuts, and has the interchangeable blades. I expect things to slow down in the next week or so and plan to really learn how to get the most out of it.

This a very, very basic cut, but here is the one card I did use the Create-a-Cut on so far. It can do so much more, and I'm anxious to get started.

�Any time we can�t solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.� ~Tony Blair
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2007, 04:28 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

I would love to have this but she was charging $9.95 to send Arturo notecards to Canada so I am even afraid to ask :(

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2007, 05:02 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_H
I would love to have this but she was charging $9.95 to send Arturo notecards to Canada so I am even afraid to ask :(
I ran into this on Ellen's site at first also. We found that automatic order screen does not always calculate the correct postage and the shipping it shows is really high. Just drop her an email to verify if that amount is right. She's super to deal with usually gets right back to you.

�Any time we can�t solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.� ~Tony Blair
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 05:23 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I too am interested in the Create-a-Cut. It is a lot of money, but if the straight blade is better than my triple-track fiskars, I'm sold. Can anyone comment on the straight blade? Also - is it easy to use? I read a review somewhere that said it is difficult. I'd love to hear more opinions about this product from those who already own it. I'm leary of spending that much money on something that I cannot return (or try first) if I am unhappy with it. I e-mailed the manufacturer directly to see if there are any retailers locally, but there are not.

Will work for stamps! My Gallery!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 06:35 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have found it very easy to use, in fact was prepared for it to be more difficult to operate than it is. It is a big item so is not inexpensive to ship and while it isn't inexpensive, it is very well made. I am absolutely pleased with the results I have had with the Create-a-Cut and feel it has helped me take my cards to the next level (I have several I haven't posted since I haven't had time to take pics) and was overwhelmingly satisfied with the level of information and customer service provided me by Ellen (herself, I might add, so a bit of stamping celeb to boot!).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2007, 06:40 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you all for your responses. Due to your praises of the product, I ordered it last week from Ellen and it arrived today! Very quick - well packaged and with a couple of little "gift" items from Ellen as well. I can't play with it tonight because I already have plans, but look out! I'll soon be cutting away - can't wait! Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2007, 01:55 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

PUGMAMA, do you have the website for the creat-a-cut company. I have tried searching and I get a "not found" error. Also, I saw this cutter in person this weekend at a LSS. The owner is using it for her customers to use. It was much sturdier than I thought it would be and easy to change the blades. Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2009, 06:29 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have one of these, haven't used it much, but love it. Have any of you done a nice project with it that I could see? I am supposed to do a project of paper weaving for a group and want to do it with this cutter, as one other lady in the group has the create-a-cut cutter with all the attachments and case, so we can have more access when doing the project. I need to have the project done for May 9th, and am running out of time..... please help
Reply With Quote Likes