Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-07-2006, 09:46 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Craft Locker System

I have been thinking about organizing my office so that I don't have a mish mash of stuff that just doesn't fit well together and came across these. They have ads in the latest stamping and paper crafting magazines where these are wall to wall. Well I doubt my space will ever look that way being that I don't think I could afford that many of these, but I certainly could probably use them - LOL.
I woud LOVE your feedback as to how it works for you if you own these!!!
Here's a picture for any curious minds who are wondering what on earth I'm talking about - Craft Locker
Does anyone own the inkpad storage and marker storage? does it have only six drawers? If you are putting all Ranger or Tsukineko pads in the spaces do you need drawers instead of just the slots they show? I'll be putting my SU pads in these too and so I love the fact that the big pads fit, but I have loads of other pads as well and would love to put them all in one spot instead of containers everyplace! If you use these where do you store your reinkers? Do you have the "butler" then to carry a locker with you to teach classes or go to a crop?
Now the ribbon storage?'s Does it work well for you and do you take the time to put the ribbon under the "little bar"?
I'm thinking the yarn daisies and the Bobbin box look really awesome too. It would allow me to keep my thread and bobbins together - to me that seems ubber awesome. Does anyone have these and what do you think? I'm even thinking about a wheel drawer - I have the SU cases, but they are stack so high that when I pull one out they all come crashing down. I LOVE the idea of drawers that won't mess with what's above it when I pull out one item.
Thank you for sharing any of your thoughts on these!!! I'm sure that soon the $$$ will be breezing out my door in pursuit of my quest to organize all this STUFF!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2006, 10:08 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry about the miniscule font - I had no idea that it turned out so tiny when I posted my questions. Here's a larger version to save your eyes - I sincerely hope it is not ginormous now :rolleyes: :
I have been thinking about organizing my office so that I don't have a mish mash of stuff that just doesn't fit well together and came across these. They have ads in the latest stamping and paper crafting magazines where these are wall to wall. Well I doubt my space will ever look that way being that I don't think I could afford that many of these, but I certainly could probably use them - LOL.
Here's a picture for any curious minds who are wondering what on earth I'm talking about - Craft Locker
Does anyone own the inkpad storage and marker storage? does it have only six drawers? If you are putting all Ranger or Tsukineko pads in the spaces do you need drawers instead of just the slots they show? I'll be putting my SU pads in these too and so I love the fact that the big pads fit, but I have loads of other pads as well and would love to put them all in one spot instead of containers everyplace! If you use these where do you store your reinkers? Do you have the "butler" then to carry a locker with you to teach classes or go to a crop?
Now the ribbon storage?'s Does it work well for you and do you take the time to put the ribbon under the "little bar"?
I'm thinking the yarn daisies and the Bobbin box look really awesome too. It would allow me to keep my thread and bobbins together - to me that seems ubber awesome. Does anyone have these and what do you think? I'm even thinking about a wheel drawer - I have the SU cases, but they are stack so high that when I pull one out they all come crashing down. I LOVE the idea of drawers that won't mess with what's above it when I pull out one item.
Thank you for sharing any of your thoughts on these!!! I'm sure that soon the $$$ will be breezing out my door in pursuit of my quest to organize all this STUFF!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2006, 10:11 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

OH EGADS!!! Help I'm a "tech tard" as JulieHRR might say! Hopefully this one works - I'm so sorry:mad:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 03:02 AM   #4  
Inking Addict

I am desperately searching for a Canadian supplier for the Craft Locker system. The web site is always saying out of stock--as well, shipping to Canada can be outrageous on something that size.

Anybody know who carries it in Canada?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 03:55 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ellen, I've been tempted by the ribbon locker, but gee $40 for $5 worth of plastic? Hmm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 04:32 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

I don't have any of the items, Ellen, but that ribbon locker looks pretty cool. What I'd like to know if it has some kind of dust cover to it. I know Stampin' Up is going to have ribbon storage in their holiday mini, but those are pretty expensive by the time you buy all the different sizes you need. I'd be interested in knowing if you do purchase it, if you think it is worth the price.
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 05:15 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have the Craft Locker Ribbon Storage unit and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!! It has doors on it that protect your ribbon from dust. I did take the time to feed my ribbon through the little bar and love how it works. I do not have mine hanging and don't intend to hang it on the wall. The drawers are adjustable to accomodate differing sizes of spools. There is nothing about this unit that I dislike!

I bought it at Joanns.com at 40% off! I got an email yesterday that Joanns.com has 50% off for four days only.....check them out!!

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 05:41 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

I just went there and they are reduced to 29.95. With the 50% off, that would be a good deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Default FYI on JoAnn.com's 50% coupon

JoAnn's 50% coupon code & details (for regular priced items only). ~Mia

Use promotion code AUGH650 in your online shopping basket through Thurs., 8/10/06 11:59 pm PT for 50% off the regular price of one item online at Joann.com*. Discount is taken off the regular price of the item.

* Offer excludes Grace Company, Electric Quilt Company, DisplayAway�, Fast Vac and Crop In Style� products; Madeira�, Sulky and Gutermann thread sets; Singer� accessories; Xyron� Design Runner; OTT-LITE� Natural Light Supplement� and VisionSaver Plus� lamps; Framed Art & Mirrors; irons; dressforms; sewing machines; sergers; embroidery machines; sewing cabinets & craft furniture; software; embroidery cards; exclusive quilt kits & bundles; die cut machines & accessories; Waverly� and Better Homes & Gardens� home decor fabrics; clearance items; the purchase of Jo-Ann Gift Cards; tax and shipping charges. Additional exclusions may apply. Offer cannot be combined with other offers and is limited to available online stock; no rain checks will be issued. Promotion code can only be used once per person, cannot be combined with other promotion codes and cannot be used on past Joann.com purchases. Not valid on purchases from JoannDesigns.com, JoannArt.com, partner stores and Jo-Ann Stores.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 08:43 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks girls! So does anyone have the Inkpad and Marker Locker that can answer my question about smaller ink pads needing drawers or not? Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 09:26 AM   #11  
Inking Addict

Default Storage

Not sure if this is allowed - or if it's considered Hijacking a thread or not BUT.

Another option for storage is www.stampnstore.com The tower holds 30/60 stamp pads. Not sure how many drawars you have to buy to get the whole 24 pads in the craft locker.

I do run/own the company so if this is against rules please kindly let me know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2006, 08:24 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Bumping to try and get more info. Does anyone have the pad and marker holder? I'd love to know if you need extra drawers for smaller pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2006, 09:30 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

C'mon people...lol, I'm interested too! At one point I was positively salivating over the pictures of the Craft Locker in magazine ads! Then I got to Joan's POV, where I wondered if I'd be happy enough with them to justify paying as much as would need to in order to get a big enough system for ALL of my stuff!

So now, I just watch and wait for enough reviews to talk me into them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2006, 09:57 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Ellen, Ellen, Ellen......

Have we not "talked" about all your ideas before?!:confused: You know that you are costing me way too much money and this must stop. ;) First, you tell us about all the great tools that are out there and now we must discuss storage.....:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 03:37 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi there,

I have 4 Craft Lockers. One ribbon, one inkpad (need more of these, LOL) and two of the Accessory lockers.

The ribbon locker is great but mine doesn't look as good as the ad as the ribbons aren't all coordinated, LOL. The drawers slide out and there's a slot at the front so you can thread the ribbon through and just pull as much ribbon out as you like. There's also some 'stoppers' that you can insert in case you can't fill the whole locker. My only small grip with the ribbon locker is that I had the inkpad locker sitting on top of it and it seems to have pushed the side walls out a bit due to heavyness of the inkpad and so one of the drawers doesn't fit that well any more. I'd put the lighter lockers on top if I were you.

The inkpad locker is great. I have SU! inkpads in there and you can fit two inkpads in each drawer, with space at the back for a marker. If you're storing Versamark, Stazon, Adirondack, etc. then you can fit 4 inkpads in each drawer. There's also two drawers at the top that fit 2 sets of SU! markers exactly.

In my accessory lockers I have embossing powders, Opals, Acrylic blocks, sponges, scissors, DST, waterbrushes, glue sticks, etc. These are great too as the drawers vary in height and have dividers that can be moved around or removed.

As for a whole wall of them? Well I don't know.... I have too many other things that just wouldn't fit in there so I need other storage - things like Prima Flower bottles, SU! watercolour crayons, etc. I think a bookshelf with plastic containers is another good option along with the Craft Lockers.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Angela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 06:22 PM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Pam - HOW could I have missed your post? LOL!!!
YES, we MUST discuss storage - you just crack me up!!! Thanks for giving me a good laugh!

Angela - I could just hug you!!! Thank you so much for explaining this all to me - I'm sold!!!! So soon Pam you will be seeing my pictures of storage and you can imagine the ginormous grin on my face - because well - I HAVE to be organized or I can't accomplish anything.

I'm working on sharing storage ideas on my blog next - watch out for the pics in the next few days - I'm trying to get organized!!! I have TOO much stuff - LOL!

So CraftLockers will be on the way to the Hutson house soon! THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 11:23 PM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

You're very welcome Ellen. Did you also know that they have lockable doors (slide lock) and the doors are retractable? You slide the clip up to unlock, then open the doors and push them in - they slide into the sides of the locker.

Cheers,
Angela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2006, 06:05 AM   #18  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllenH
Bumping to try and get more info. Does anyone have the pad and marker holder? I'd love to know if you need extra drawers for smaller pads.
Ellen, don't know if you're interested in something that is custom made, but here's a link to my demo's husband's website www.zaneswoodworks.com
His name is Zane (hence the name of the website!) and he is from Idaho.

Zane makes nice wood storage units for pad storage and ribbon and really anything you want to organize (He may also make them out of MDF board, I'm not sure...that's the stuff that looks like it has formica on the surfaces..). Since his wife is a SU demo, he definitely knows the size of pads, etc. A friend of mine is having him make a storage unit that will hold both old and new style pads and reinkers and think she is also wanting to have a place to put the marker by the pad. Might be worth checking out since you haven't been able to find plastic units that satisfy your needs.

Good luck in your quest!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2006, 06:44 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you ladies - I LOVE the look of the wood storage units! I'm a natural "colors" kind of girl (except for my red - LOL) Unfortunately I am looking for something that I can carry with me when I teach classes. If you check out my blog you will be able to see that I'm going to be a fairly "insane" woman this fall with the number of classes I will be teaching and I'm trying now to make certain I am organized and ready to go.

I want them all to be able to "fit" together and one of the features that really intrigued me about the Craft Locker was it's portability. Also the fact that the doors do retract without having to move it off of the shelf and the pull out drawers so that I'm not constantly having to "re-stack" boxes. I currently have the most beautiful rattan boxes, but they just aren't practical Beautiful, but unpractical isn't going to work for me anymore being that I need to short circuit some things.

Thanks again for all of your input - I truly appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2006, 07:27 AM   #20  
Crimping Master

OK, you convinced me. I ordered the ribbon one from Joann's with the 50% off. Total with shipping and tax was less than $30. I'm pretty sure I would have spent more than that on the SU ones in the new mini. BTW, Ellen, I live in Everett and would love to go to one of your classes. I will check out your blog and see what you have coming up. Thanks for the info on Craft Locker.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2006, 08:53 AM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Jennifer ~ where did you get the 50% off coupon. I didn't know that JoAnn's carried it! This is just the deal I have been waiting for and the one I had expired on the 10th. I've wanted the ribbon craft locker for a loooong time, but it was just too expensive.]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2006, 09:52 AM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

The only ribbon storage I could find at Joanne's were snap-together boxes. 3 of them come out to be about $30. Are you ladies finding something I can't find?? Please help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2006, 10:29 AM   #23  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
Ellen, I've been tempted by the ribbon locker, but gee $40 for $5 worth of plastic? Hmm
I have the Ribbon Storage and it is ok...just ok. I tried to put my ribbon through the little gap so that it stays tight on the wheel and gives you tension when you pull the ribbon out and it doesn't stay in place at all. SO each time I use the ribbon I have to take out the spool I want to use then they all lean to the side. I have to really work to get that one spool back in when I am done. I think it is worth abot five dollars.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2006, 12:59 PM   #24  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by BilliePam
Jennifer ~ where did you get the 50% off coupon. I didn't know that JoAnn's carried it! This is just the deal I have been waiting for and the one I had expired on the 10th. I've wanted the ribbon craft locker for a loooong time, but it was just too expensive.]
The coupon code I had expired on the 10th also. I actually ordered it Wednesday, I just forgot to post here.

To find it at Joann's, do a search for locker, and it will show up. It is on sale right now for $29.96, plus free shipping thru Wednesday. Not quite the deal I got, but it could be better if you are buying more than one.
Reply With Quote Likes