Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-02-2007, 11:48 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer help!

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this question - but here goes. I have been saving so many wonderful cards to my computer in different folders and when I want a card in the specific folder I click on my folder, ie, wedding, cuttlebug, etc. and open it up. I know that there is a way to go from that folder to the card itself here on SCS. Does anyone know how to do this. I use Windows XP and internet explorer. I clicked on OPEN WITH and tried Internet Explorer, but it only opened the picture, didn't take me to the gallery on SCS. I know that one can go onto the internet from a document or picture - but I can't figure out how! And then there's this - maybe I can't.:( HELP!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2007, 12:18 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

i'd like to know if this is possible as well.

i'm not real tech slick so i have figured out how to store them on my computer but i haven't a clue as to what gallery they came from... bummer for me!

i keep them according to the stamp set. that's the best i have come up with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #3  
Inking Addict

I hope I am reading your post correctly, but in order to click on the picture you've saved and get back to the gallery it was in, you would have had to have saved it, as a link or shortcut. Unfortunately, I don't think that is allowable in the SCS gallery.

One way to do this, that is not as simple as you are looking for, is to save the actual link thats in the browser when you view that specific card as a bookmark in your favorites in IE, and label them as you have been so you know how to get back to them. Hopefully I've helped and not made it more confusing =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2007, 04:48 PM   #4  
Inking Addict

Sorry for the second post, but one other way, that is similar to the bookmarks, but will allow you to put it in a folder like the way you have been, is to open the folder you want it in, and up in the browser where the address is to that specific page you are viewing, will be the little internet explorer icon, or the splitcoast icon, you can drag and drop that into that folder you have opened, therefore creating a way back to that page/image. While it won't save the image, you can name the link to something you will remember. Clicking on it will take you back to that page/image.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 05:37 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

OY! I tried to do what you explained in the last reply and I couldn't get it to work - which only means I'm not doing something correctly. I guess I will just have to figure out a different way to label these cards so that I will be able to find them easier. Thanks for your help Krystal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 06:25 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShariWView Post
OY! I tried to do what you explained in the last reply and I couldn't get it to work - which only means I'm not doing something correctly. I guess I will just have to figure out a different way to label these cards so that I will be able to find them easier. Thanks for your help Krystal.
First open the folder on your computer that you want to put the link into. Then minimize that folder so it doesn't take up the whole computer screen by clicking on the button at the upper right corner that has the two little squares in it (next to the red X close button).

Now, open the page you want on Splitcoaststampers and minimize it also. (Now you should be able to see both the folder on your computer and the Splitcoaststampers page.) Next click on the S icon that is in the address bar on the Splitcoast page and drag and drop it into your folder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 07:26 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I did it. Thank you so much. I made my mistake by trying to drag the entire address. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

You're welcome!! Glad it worked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Default saving card images on computer

I have been saving a lot of card images on my computer for future reference. and I do mean LOTS! When I save, I click save picture as, then in the window that comes up I choose the folder I want to put in in and click save. I put them in folders with the stamp set name. Then I highlight all the information at the bottom, right click, copy and then I right click on the image in my folder and select properties, then summary, then comments and right click again, paste. That way I have the info right there with the card image on my computer. When I hover my cursor over the image part of the information comes up in a window.

Rarely need to go back to the card on the site. If I do need to look at the SCS card again, I just do a search. Usually the title of the image contains enough information to find it again on SCS.
Stampin' Up Demo
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes