Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Coloring Stampscapes question

I understand that most people that color their stampscapes, do so with the Colorbox Stylus tool and blending tips. I was wondering what the benefit of using these over, say, sponge daubers or just regular sponges is? They are a little pricey, so I wanted to make sure they are really something I need before I buy. TIA for your help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa fosterView Post
I understand that most people that color their stampscapes, do so with the Colorbox Stylus tool and blending tips. I was wondering what the benefit of using these over, say, sponge daubers or just regular sponges is? They are a little pricey, so I wanted to make sure they are really something I need before I buy. TIA for your help!
I don't use the stylus tool personally, but from what I recall when seeing Kevin at a stamping convention, I think it is a matter of just the shape & size of the sponge, and the ease of replacement maybe? I don't think there was anything in particular about the sponge, per se...I could be wrong though

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Stampscapes sells a Tonal Applicator stamp that has stippled dots to layer on different colors by quickly tapping this stamp, starting at the corners of your paper and moving inwards using different colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi all, I have the Colorbox Stylus tool and I use it for everything but Stampscapes. Everyone has to find what works for them artistically. For Stampscapes I use the Dollar Store sponge tipped eyeshadow applicators. Easy enough to afford and I can attach one to the top of each ink pad when traveling. After I deem that the sponge has seen enough ink and paper, I peel off the sponge tip and use the plastic wand for any number of things. Just another idea from out here where the Dollar Store is five miles away and the nearest craft store is 50.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Thank you so much...I love the idea of the eyeshadow applicators...I think I'll try that before I invest in the others. Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes