Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #41  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thumbs up for In Colors

I'm a strictly a hobby SU demo, and I have loved the in colors last year and this year. The first year I bought the ink pad, re-inkers and paper.

This year I decided to just buy the re-inkers and paper and make my own ink spots from the little uninked spots that you can buy from a couple of online sources.

I have other ink pads that I've had for more than a couple of years that don't coordinate specifically with cardstock and I continue to use them. So for me it isn't a tragedy when I run out of the in-color paper. I'll miss some of the in colors that I've used and come to love this year, but the re-inkers and spots will keep me using those colors for some time to come whether in watercoloring or other techniques.

I like that SU is offering the in colors which reflect current "fashion" colors. I'd much rather see in colors than frequent changing of their basic 48 spectrum.

Happy Stamping!
SharonK_MN

Quote:

Originally Posted by marrazinView Post
I was a SU! demo for a year or so and then took a stamping hiatus for a couple of years, and I'm just getting back into it now. So while I was not stamping, SU! came out with the In Color thing...when I ordered my starter kit earlier this month I opted to get my 6 ink pads in the In Color line, and now I'm thinking maybe that wasn't such a good idea...I mean, after this summer I won't be able to get any more matching cardstock and a whole new In Color line will be out.

So my questions are, for those of you who have been stamping longer in general (to see trends come and go) and also for those of you who purchased products from the first In Color line and now do not have access to those products anymore, are you still glad you invested in the inks and papers? Do you still use them? Do you find that they still coordinate enough with the stable color families that it's worth having them? (Admittedly, I haven't had much of a chance to really sit down with all my CS and see how well they coordinate; I'm just curious to get the opinions of other stampers.)

I'm approaching this from a strictly crafting POV. I understand how the In Color lines work for demos who are actively building a business, but I'm not one of those! I'm just a hobby demo, in it for the discount, and I'm trying to decide if I should keep investing in that particular line.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks for any input!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 08:57 PM   #42  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 83 Likes on 32 Posts

I just signed up to be a demo and I have ordered all the In Color items- stamp pads, refills, cardstock, etc. I will push them to my customers for the next couple of months, and then continue to use them until I can't anymore (because I run out) for my personal projects. Just like I use other products that aren't SU! (papers, stamps, inks, embellishments).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2008, 04:12 AM   #43  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When I consider all the ink pads I bought before signing up with Stampin' Up! that I will now have to toss because I didn't buy reinkers at the time (because the stores I bought them from never carried the reinkers) and they are now no longer being manufactured, I don't feel bad at all about buying the In Colors. At least I know when they are going to stop being manufactured and that gives me time to buy a reinker and stock up on the paper. I have 7 or 8 Fresco ink pads I bought about the time I signed up...now they are no longer being made and reinkers can't be found. They have gone dry and I'm going to have to throw them all away and I paid $7 a piece for them.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2008, 05:21 AM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

Has anyone had any luck matching the in colors with paper at the craft stores? I bought the re-inkers for the stamp pads and was hoping that I won't have to buy a forest of paper before it is discontinued.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2008, 12:01 PM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for all the opinions! I'm not crazy about the upcoming In Colors so now I won't feel too bad about not getting a lot of products in those colors. Now, I'm sorry I missed last year's In Colors, because I love them!

I also wish they offered In Color spots, but I had no idea you can get blank spots...how cool is that!

*insert clever signature here!*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2008, 12:08 PM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

i just love river rock, i will hate to see it go. hey did someone say they have seen the new in colors? i would love to see them, can someone please help
thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #47  
Rubber Obsessor

i have seen some paper at hobby lobby that looks great with the in colors. i see it there alot on sale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

It's fun to have new colors, and since SU has introduced the IN Colors, my customers & I have noticed the samples in the IB&C use them A LOT. I have bought all of them last year and this year, and expect to buy them for the coming year. I usually don't do more than one workshop per month, but do like to introduce new things to my customers. I like having the basic 48 colors stay stable (at least I'm hoping they do!). I am miffed about the going gray paper being retired, though. Why?? A word of advice, though - don't wait until the retired list comes out to order extra packs of paper - cool caribbean was sold out before 30 June last year, and just like any of the other accessories & wheels, it was a case of 'too bad, so sad'. And I had 3 customers who had wanted to order "one more pack". You should be able to easily sell paper/ink/reinkers all on e-bay or whatever, once they are retired.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #49  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love the idea of the In Colors. The first year SU had In Colors, it was a must have. I stock-piled at the end and swore I would continue to use those colors. Then....the new In Colors came out! I LOVE THEM..had to have it....bought the paper...you know the rest. I will stock-pile my favorites again, and when the NEW In Colors come out in August, I will buy them as well. SU is like Madonna, always reinventing itself to make the consumer want more....and I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 06:00 PM   #50  
Crimping Master

I buy the colors I like and just buy enough to be supplies so I don't run out. I actually LOVE some of the in-colors
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2008, 02:01 AM   #51  
Crimping Master

I have struggled with this issue since the 2007 in-colors first came out. I really liked some of the samples I've seen and that's what made me buy the new colors. Then when I realized they were getting ready to retire, I bought extra packs of cardstock (cha-ching!).

I've found myself doing the very same thing this year with the 2008 colors.

I got a sneak peak of the 2009 in-colors and am thinking they will be fun to work with, too.

Please don't calculate what I'll be spending just to get pads, reinkers and cardstock for 6 more new colors, not to mention the paper holder I'll have to buy and the space I'll have to make on my shelf.
Reply With Quote Likes