Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-25-2007, 06:53 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color Caddy

Can anyone tell me if the Color Caddy is good for carrying around? I mean, I stamp at friends' houses a lot, and am interested to know if this would be a good purchase. I see in the pic that it has a handle. Is that just for spinning on the table, or can it be carried? And will the ink pads fall out if it is carried around? Thank you so much in advance for helping me out.
Veronica

tooexcitedtosleep
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2007, 07:05 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by vramseyView Post
Can anyone tell me if the Color Caddy is good for carrying around? I mean, I stamp at friends' houses a lot, and am interested to know if this would be a good purchase. I see in the pic that it has a handle. Is that just for spinning on the table, or can it be carried? And will the ink pads fall out if it is carried around? Thank you so much in advance for helping me out.
Veronica
It CAN be carried, but I am always holding it top and bottom. I think the handle is for turning rather than carrying. I think it would be awkward to transport simply because with all the turning around corners, it would probably tip over and spill the pads. I just pull the pads I want to use and put it in a separate tote when I go to crops.

I obviously like the caddy - I have two and want to buy a third - but I don't think it would be practical if you're looking for something portable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2007, 04:55 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Thank you so much for the info. But if you like yours that much, I am still interested, maybe just for my house.

tooexcitedtosleep
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2007, 07:48 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I take mine to weekend retreats and don't have any problems. I put it in the front seat of the car with my tool bag and purse next to and in front of it. If/when you carry it, just hold the handle with one hand and use your other hand under it to support the weight of it. I have it full with the extender, so it definitely gets heavy. And the rest of the time, it sits on my desk and I have to say, I love it. If I didn't have all of those ink pads out on my desk all the time, I would never remember to use all of them. I have all my StazOn and Distress inks in a drawer and I often forget that I have them or what colors I have and I know its because I can't see them! I also have a small desk and find that the caddy does not take up much room, especially when you consider how effective a storage method it has been for me. (I'm not a demo...just a happy customer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2007, 09:00 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

I only take mine from my room to the kitchen island and never had a problem carrying it by the handle. (I even had my five-year-old lug it for me and he didn't spill a single pad!) I would think, like the previous poster said, that if you prop it up well it would travel fine in a car. (What about if you take some of that Press N' Seal saran wrap and wrap a piece around to hold them tight?)
If I was going somewhere to stamp I'd want to have all my goodies with me so I vote for taking it! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I used to saran wrap it, but realized that sitting in the front seat like I mentioned before, nothing falls out and I've never had any fall out when carrying it either, so now I don't bother with the saran wrap. If it were raining though, I'd pull out the saran wrap again though so that I wouldn't have to dry off 60 ink pads!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2007, 02:25 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Default caddy transporting

The ladies at my crop always mention putting the caddy down in a pillowcase and transporting that way [just grabbing up aroung the neck of the case to carry]. This leaves all the pads in the rack, but not a danger if there is any spillage.
For myself, I have found a nice [wide] Bass shoebox to carry the most used SU pads and 1/2 doz other necessities [stazon,metallics,versamark] - this also sits down in my 'luggage' nicely.

happy traveling,
Valerie

My blog at: andmylittledogtoo.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2007, 03:15 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

thanks to everyone who responded. now i really want one! i am sure my dh will thank you for that too. tee hee.
veronica

tooexcitedtosleep
Reply With Quote Likes