Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carpediem.com--copics

Has anyone else purchased from them? I was wondering if they got your order correct and what type of customer service you got? I ordered from them 2 weeks ago, it came to me in a timely manner but the packing slip said they shipped 2 cases like I ordered and they only sent 1 and they shipped 2 of the same color marker. I emailed them right away-no answer or reply-I called on Monday and got a recording to leave a message-I did-gave ample information-still no reply. I called them this afternoon and got someone who said they refunded my money. I haven't seen a credit for it and I didn't want a refund, I want the other case. The gal I talked to said that was what they did if it we under $25. Okay-but still they made no effort to correct the order or contact me at all. When I said how did she know which order was mine she said it was hanging in front of them. They aren't supposed to make mistakes so they can learn from it. When I asked to speak to whoever issued the credit, they were out to lunch, so I asked to speak to the manager, he too out to lunch. She was the only person there. So I left a message for the manager to call me. I was ready to place another order for more copics but now I'm not so sure. Is this an isolated incident and I should give them another chance or have others has "bad" experiences with them as well??

The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2008, 01:11 PM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble. I have ordered from them twice. The first time I got everything very quickly but was missing my blender pen. I emailed them - I think I had to email twice then got a note back that "they" were out of town for a death in the family and would mail it when they got back. Never got it, emailed again and got an email apology that it slipped their mind and I received my blender pen immediately. It was okay - I undersood and I got my product. I just ordered again on Tuesday or Wed and got a phone call within 2 minutes of submitting my order. I was going to be given an additional discount to only $3.50 per marker since I ordered more than 10 and the order was shipped out that day! I was very impressed but now am worried the order will come complete and correct! But, honestly, for the price of only $3.50 per marker, I can tolerate some issues and understand things happen.

I hope things get resolved for you soon. It would be ashame if they become another company that cannot be trusted and relied upon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2008, 01:16 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I too hope that everything gets resolved for you! I have yet to order any copics but this was the site that I was considering ordering from when I was ready. Good luck!
TSG Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

I have ordered from them twice and had great customer service, quick responses to email/questions and accurate and timely arrival of my orders. Their pricing is great and I'll return to purchase from them again. We all have off days and make mistakes. I just hope that your issue is resolved.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #5  
Glitter Queen

Default Went w/ Ellen....

I recently needed to purchase some singles - 5 sketches to be exact (from Carpediem)and went to checkout and when they tacked on the shipping (to Texas) the price was higher than Ellen Hutson's w/ shipping so cancalled out of that and placed it w/ Ellen. I've also gotten some from Jerry's artarama at great prices but you need the 20% coupon to cancel out the shipping cost or it doesn't make sense. I agree the initial price though is sure inviting but w/ the 8.95 shipping it brought the price per marker right up.

Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I just purchased all of the sketch copics from them and had no problems at all. They were the cheapest I could find on the net. I also needed these markers for my interior design college classes otherwise I would not have bought them all at once. No problems here with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #7  
Glitter Queen

[QUOTE=alicia79;9404317]I just purchased all of the sketch copics from them and had no problems at all. They were the cheapest I could find on the net. QUOTE]

That was my problem - I didn't buy enough!!! :mrgreen: Have fun with all your markers!!!

Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I ordered 40 individual sketch markers at $3.95 ea on Monday 3/31 and received them with no problem on Thursday 4/3 morning with no problems. They have the absolute best price on copics and great shipping I will definately order from them again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

lol I am sure it had nothing to do with that. Probably just an off day for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2008, 04:59 AM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

I was going to post this back in November, but reconsidered. Now I wish I had.

I too placed a large order with them. In August I believe. Being in Germany I had to call long distance to place the order with them directly. Had a nice talk with one young man who was a military brat himself.

The order arrives and two markers and the clear case I ordered are missing. At the bottom of the invoice is a note saying out of stock merchandise totalling less than $25 would not be held in backorder. I emailed them as I received no refund. Their response? "We are expecting more stock in and weregoing to ship the it me to you..." So I waited. No refund, no shipment, no responses to emails into November. Emailed them one last time around Thanksgiving. Received no reply. I felt that my time was worth more than the $15 worth of product they swindled me out of but I will NEVER order from them again! EVER! I have all the emails and receipts and plan on reporting them to the BBB or some other agency if someone knows of it.

I had hoped I was the only one being treated this way - but now I am sorry I didn't report it sooner if it happened to someone else. I wonder if they are pulling this scam with several people, if so, how are they accounting for the extra money they are skimming?

I have since ordered COPICS from www.merriartist.com - SUPER fast shipping which was FREE with an order of acertain amount and TERRIFIC customer service. More worthy of our hard enarned money than CD.

Sorry this happened to you as well, but you are not alone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2008, 01:36 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really glad I saw this. I'd rather spend the $$ someplace that takes care of the customer. I realize that each order is just a drop in the bucket, but in this day and age you just never know if word of your poor cs will get out. Like here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

I will apologize in advance as I am bound to offend someone with what I am about to say... How do we go from bad CS to the company running a scam? As I and many others posted we had no problems at all! It seems odd, to me anyway, that 8mths after being "scammed" out of $15 no complaint has been filled. Anyway just my opinion...:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #13  
Kookie Creator

I am in Canada - I ordered about 36 markers and some accessories from Carpediem around Christmas. There was a problem with the shipping charges which was handled as soon as I notified them, and otherwise, the order came promptly (as much as it can coming across the border) and was complete. I would have no problem ordering from them again!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2008, 09:36 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

I'm sorry you aren't satisfied with your shipment. However, the best plan is to pursue resolution with the company themselves. I honestly believe that is in the best interest of all parties involved. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2008, 01:08 AM   #15  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by stigmom6View Post
I will apologize in advance as I am bound to offend someone with what I am about to say... How do we go from bad CS to the company running a scam? As I and many others posted we had no problems at all! It seems odd, to me anyway, that 8mths after being "scammed" out of $15 no complaint has been filled. Anyway just my opinion...:rolleyes:

Patti,

I was trying to make Dawn know she is not the only person who has had trouble with this company. If someone had told me they experienced the kind of problems I did with CD, I would not have ordered from them. That is the terrific thing about America and about this site and those like ebay where you can post feedback of your dealings with different companies so that your fellow consumers can make informed, educated choices. A company may have a thousand positive responses and only two negative responses, but that might be enough for someone to decided to order elsewhere and there is nothing wrong with that. There are lots of terrific companies out there at which we may spend our hard earned dollars, the beauty of free competition, price is not the only guiding factor. I am glad others have had positive experiences, I don't wish bad things on other people. I had a rather bad one and want to help others guide their decision making.

If CD has acted this way for two people of the SCS population who happened to view this thread, and this is merely a small subset of the population, I think it is naive to think we are the only two people this has happened to. Is it possible, yes. Likely? I don't think so. You obviously disagree - fine. I really don't care whether you agree with me or not but I do not see any justification for being mean towards me personally and criticizing my actions as you did.

I should not have to defend my actions to you - as you have obviously already drawn your own uninformed conclusions as to why I have not filed a report yet. I am a teacher who was hired 5 weeks into the school year (two weeks after the order with CD was placed), who needed to have surgery 3 weeks later in a completely different country to attempt to restore her hearing taking her out of commission completely for over a month. When I was finally forced to return to work as I could not afford more time without pay, I had no time to deal with trying to make CD do right by me, either refunding my money or sending me the missing merchandise ordered by calling long distance with a 9 hour time difference as they were completely ignoring every email I sent. The cost of the long distance charges from the country where we are stationed to CA likely would have been more than the cost of the missing merchandise so I finally rationalized that the time I was spending trying to correct their error was more than $15 and let it go. Yes I haven't filed a form yet, I have continued to have higher priorities in my life (which I would imagine a mother of 6 could relate to). We are currently in the process of being relocated back to the US which any military family who has been through on overseas PCS can attest takes several months of chaos and added responsibilities, continuing to push CD's actions to the bottom of my priority list.

So, I am so sorry I did not drop every to rush and fill out paperwork with the BBB in a time frame of which you approve. I would have emailed this to you personally Patti, but since you chose to attack me in this forum rather than emailing me personally, it is only fair that I respond to your accusations and implications in this forum as well.

Dawn, you are not alone. I am sorry you were treated badly by this company as well. I hope it will be the last time you are treated badly and that your future is filled with only good things, and GOOD CS. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2008, 01:40 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

I, as you am stating a personal opinion and was not making a personal attack. My main problem was stating that any company is scamming anyone, those are serious accusations and SCS as policy regarding company bashing. We are all entitled our own opinion. As far as being busy, I understand that completely as I am a Wife, Mom to six, Business owner, just to name a few along with be a volunteers in my church and community. I myself would make the time if I felt I was "scammed". this was my only point. I like you am entitled to an opinion and will not step down from that.

With that said I should not have stated anything about you filling a complaint or not that is your business. I apologize for that part and that part only. I should have worded it in the form of a question more than an accusation, although I don't think at this point the response would have been different.

Last edited by stigmom6; 04-06-2008 at 01:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2008, 05:56 AM   #17  
Inking Addict

I just placed an order with them last night. I will give feedback on the service, etc. They are having a great sale right now and since I have no Copics I thought I would give them a try since Stigmom6 stated her positive experience with them on another Copic thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2008, 09:48 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

While there is nothing wrong with stating the facts of your transactions with a company, whether they are positive or negative, embellishments such as "skimming," "scamming," "cheating," etc. are completely against the Terms of Service at Splitcoast. I'm quite sure that is the point Patti was trying to make.

Crafty Math Chick, you are correct that people deserve to know about the bad experiences some folks have had, so they can then make their own choice as to where to spend their money. In a public forum, though, the bare facts are all that is appropriate. E.g., "I purchased x, y, and z, and when the order arrived y was missing. In the 6 months since then, I have not been able to get a refund or the missing product." Making accusations, though, would be better done in a private message.
Reply With Quote Likes