Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cards Magazine

Anyone here get this one? Do you like it? I have seen it in the store and love the pictures, but not sure it is worth the $$....
It is through this website, but I haveen the magazine on my LSS.

wwwdotscrapbooktrendsmagdotcom/cards.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

I have several issues, but I've never paid full price for any of them. I have found them at different times online (I don't remember where I bought them), some as low as $1.99, but never more than $4.95 per issue.

I really like them, but would never pay the cover price.

I have cut out all my crafting magazines since joining Splitcoast.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

I get the online version of all of the Northridge Publishing publications - $9.99 per month for five different mags - CARDS, BEAD Trends, Simply Handmade, Scrapbook Trends, and CREATE: Idea Books. It's the best way to get them, IMHO, as you can look at them anytime, you don't have to store them, and you have access to them about mid-month the month before they're actually in the stores. I've spent a lot of gas driving all over looking for these mags and many times came out with empty hands. I love that I have 24/7 access to all of these great mags for such a great price. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

I have never seen this one! I head for the magazine section in every store I go. I have a subscription to CardMaker magazine. I also pick up Papercrafts magazine from time to time. I love the special editions like Stamp It!, sometimes I like Take Ten. I don't always buy. I usually thumb through and if there are cards I would make, I buy. But I really enjoy CardMaker.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have been getting this book (Cards) for 2 years. I dont like it. It was a birthday gift from a special friend. I was excited thinking Dec 09 was the last issue because I just dont care for them but the issue I got last week had a 2013 Dec date on it for the last issue...I think she renewed it. Although I page through it, my two sisters and some friends love them. I let them take the books. Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I have been getting this book (Cards) for 2 years. I dont like it. It was a birthday gift from a special friend. I was excited thinking Dec 09 was the last issue because I just dont care for them but the issue I got last week had a 2013 Dec date on it for the last issue...I think she renewed it. Although I page through it, my two sisters and some friends love them. I let them take the books. Blessings.
Amber, what a sweet friend you have. She means well, I'm sure. AT least you have friends who love them, so her money is really not being wasted. AND if you are looking through it, I am sure you are enjoying looking....I don't buy a lot of magazines and rarely buy a book because they have so many cards that are not my style. If the magazine has at least five or six cards that I can copy, then I will buy and use over and over. I am meeting a friend tomorrow and giving her a magazine I bought, without my usual thinking it through! But I know that if she goes through it and doesn't like it, she will pass it on too, so eventually it was worth the money!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Be very careful if you subscribe to any of this company's publications via email, or if you pay by credit card. If I'm not mistaken, this is the company that many people had a problem with (myself included), because they automatically renewed subscriptions without approval from the subscribers. Some people remember reading about automatic renewal in their online subscription agreement. I don't remember reading it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there. I pay my subscriptions by check now to avoid this problem. My opinion is that the magazine isn't worth the price. The photos are very nice, but there isn't much substance. Eye candy, really.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

I would love to just not get the magazine..but how to do you tell someone without hurting their feelings and oh my the $$$ that is wasted on me...YIKES...Like someone else said at least I page through and pass on to the sisters who love this magazine.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #9  
Glitter Queen

i use to get this magazine but stopped 2 years ago as it was expensive subscription and storing them was difficult. now i just get my ideas from scs and card maps (sketches). having everything on the internet seems to work better for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Hobby Lobby carries it and you can use your 40% off coupon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I get this one but only because I was able to get 2 subscriptions for the price of 1. They automatically renewed my sub and when I complained, I was able to get my mother the 2nd subscription and they terminated the auto sub.
Reply With Quote Likes