Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-23-2010, 05:54 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default card making software

I'm looking for a good all around graphics software program for a Mac. I want it to be user friendly and can actually PRINT the card on 8.5 x11 paper. I bought PrintMaster, and it has many cool features I like and even lets you do scrapbook pages, but you can't print your own cards! It's more for photo cards I guess, and I'm not into that. I want to be able to import my own graphics too. I was thinking about the one by SU, but I heard it doesn't really have a template for the cards and makes it really hard to print them yourself. What's up with that? Would't that be the whole point of getting it?!! To make and PRINT your own cards?! I don't really want the hassle of learning Photo Shop E, but may resort to that in desperation. PLEASE, help me! I'm about to give up.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Any of the scrapbooking software should let you set up your page size and print your designs. I have an older version (probably about 6 years old) of PrintMaster and I was able to print my designs from it - thats what it was designed to do. Perhaps the newer versions need to be activated or something in order to print. There are quite a few software packages that will perform the same as the SU software for much less. If you don't want to go with a graphics program like Photoshop Elements, check out ScrapbookFlair, PhotoMix, or ScrapbookMax. They are either free or very reasonably priced. If you google "scrapbooking software" you'll find a lot of choices to find a program that works for you and suits your skill level.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have an older version of PrintMaster and never had problems making cards with the software- it just wasn't my style so I start looking into different programs. I have scrapbook flair- it was free when I downloaded it and it was ok- better for scrapbook pages in my opinion. Maybe my problem is not enjoying digital cardmaking only digital scrapbook pages - and I still manual make most of them. Ilove getting all inky!!

So I started looking into Corel PaintShop Pro but hated the 100.00+ price tag- but I got lucky and received the version X for free. I found several places online to take free (completely free) classes to learn how to use the program- mostly they are on Yahoo groups. I started taking 2 different classes on this program both were free (1) on a yahoo group, (2) was just a really nice group of woman willing to teach the program to anyone willing to learn. I stopped the classes half-way thru when my old PC died then the birth of my Son denied me the time to re-enrol in a class till now. I just re-downloaded the program on my Newest PC (we have several up and running) and it is time to find some free classes again (it shouldn't be too difficult). This program is awesome. I truly recommend this program to anyone either willing to pay 100+ dollars for it, or someone who might be able to come across this program cheap for maybe even free. I know there are newer versions out now, since mine is a couple years old.

Sheena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Download the free version of Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac - you can play with it for 30 days and if you like it purchase it then (80, I think).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Can you use Photoshop element to make cards? would love to know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 10:17 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You can pretty much use any graphics software to create digital cards. You could also use scrapbooking software as well. Its just the size of the "layout" that you create to make it a card.
Reply With Quote Likes