Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-18-2008, 11:59 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can the regular cricut blade cut chipboard?

My cousin wants to tie ribbon on some letters and mount them under glass in a frame. She wanted to find something thicker than cardstock, so I suggested chipboard, then cut the same letter in cardstock and glue it together. Can the regular blade cut the thin chipboard? Or does anyone have suggestions on what to do? She is worried that the ribbon will not be able to be tied on the cardstock alone. I'm trying to talk her out of using the ribbon since it will get smashed under the glass in the frame.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2008, 12:17 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Cricut and the regular blade will NOT cut thru chipboard but the Cricut Deep Cut blade WILL cut thru chipboard, wood veener, magnet sheets, vinyl and much more -- up to 1.5 mm thick.

HTH ~ ;)
~ Teresa ~ Member #4536
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2008, 04:16 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by love2BcreativeView Post
I have a Cricut and the regular blade will NOT cut thru chipboard but the Cricut Deep Cut blade WILL cut thru chipboard, wood veener, magnet sheets, vinyl and much more -- up to 1.5 mm thick.

HTH ~ ;)
If you have the Cricut Deep Cut blade, do you have to switch each time when changing between chipboard and cardstock/paper or is it safe to use the deep cut blade for everything? (If you are just cutting paper, will the deep cut blade cut through the mat if you don't switch back to the other balde?)

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2008, 06:51 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Received 370 Likes on 220 Posts

I don't have the deep cut blade, but I've heard a lot of bad things about it. It doesn't seem to cut anything. I have cut chipboard with my regular blade. You do have to cut several times. but it works pretty well. If you have the Design Studio, just use the Multi-Cut feature. If you don't, without unloading your paper, press Load Paper and Repeat Last. Then Cut. You might have to do this 3 or 4 times, and you can't use very heavy chipboard, but it does work. HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2008, 10:08 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have cut cardboard from the back of a pad of paper with the normal blade. Did it in one cut. Then I glued on the letters cut from CS. I guess you could do two pieces of cardboard if you wanted it thicker and glue the lot together.
Reply With Quote Likes