Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #81  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by va.sunshineView Post
I found a great on line price since I am so far from Hobby Lobby....just purchased it...yippie!
The Cinch Version 2-Book Binding Tool-Teal - ConsumerCrafts
Thank you for linking to this great deal. I ordered one today what a great price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #82  
Mad Swapper

Yipee! mine just arrived. Still waiting on the coils ordered those through another company but I'm excited it's here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #83  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I'm looking around on-line to buy the Cinch but am not sure where to buy the binding wires. I find "this and that" but no system, i.e., for a particular color or size. It's more of a "search and see what one has available?" Any direction on where the best buys and varied assortments are??? Thanks so much!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #84  
Cardstock Collector

I cannot figure out how to deide on what size coils to use. Can someone guide me. i watched about 50 tutorials, I have my instructions in front of me, and I have sent in a question to WR Memory Keepers. I just but my machine and made the cutest journalling book for my great niece that is on the way but I do not know what size coil I should use and I do not want to mess up my new little book I made.
Frustrated in St. Louis!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #85  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamelaguthView Post
I cannot figure out how to deide on what size coils to use. Can someone guide me. i watched about 50 tutorials, I have my instructions in front of me, and I have sent in a question to WR Memory Keepers. I just but my machine and made the cutest journalling book for my great niece that is on the way but I do not know what size coil I should use and I do not want to mess up my new little book I made.
By the way - I bought the Cinch and it was incredibly easy to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #86  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamelaguthView Post
The standard way to decide is 1/4" inch larger than the thickness of your pages. If your book is 1" thick use 1 1/4" coil.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #87  

Check out Wire Binding | Spiral Binding | Binding Rings | Laminating Pouches. I "Just" bought the Cinch machine from Amazon.com over the weekend and ended up buying 100 coils from Wire Binding | Spiral Binding | Binding Rings | Laminating Pouches. The Cinch pitch is 2:1 (2 holes per inch) so that's what I clicked on first from this more direct link, here: Wire-O Supplies | 11" Wire Supplies | Binding101
When you click on a size it shows how many sheets of paper the binding will hold. I wasn't sure if it was referring to pc paper or cardstock, etc. but feel it was a wonderful guide all the same.

I have not used it yet, I'm too busy, but am excited to have this finally.

Also, make sure the coils you decide that YOU want to buy will actually calibrate in your machine (i.e., I wanted some other size too before realizing that size wasn't an option on the Cinch).

Also, this must be a corporate or business site as when I was checking out with a $25 order I was prompted to meet the min. requirement of $30.00. Long story short, they accepted my $25 order and were so kind and helpful to me on the phone.

I hope this was helpful. I was impressed with the help I got!!

Best wishes; chin up!
Cheers, Donna

OK, in my proof reading I see the link spells out differently, above. The site is Binding101.com. When you click on Binding Supplies you'll find at the very bottom of the next menu "Wire-O Binding Supplies" to find the coils.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #88  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Bonnie's Best is a good source for a variety of sizes & colors: Binding Wires
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #89  

Yes, thanks so much Victoria! I had found that site also but couldn't find any way to find pricing or a way to add to the shopping cart. I couldn't find pricing details on The Cinch there, either, or how to order it. I became frustrated and disappointed and was happy to then find Binding101.com. I did order the Cinch through Amazon also (btw).

But thanks so much, I appreciate any help offered!

Cheers,
Donna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2016, 10:52 AM   #90  
Rubber Obsessor

WOW! Thank you for this post
You made my decision such a *cinch*! OK, uhg lol.

Really though, I wanted the square hole because I like the looks of them much more than the round.

The fact that you can use eyelets totally changed my mind! I wanted to use elastic ribbon (using the ribbon folded in half and the two cut ends going through the loop...clear as mud, sorry!) in the holes with the hole supports but this is much much better for a journal!

Thank you so much! Have a crafty day
Sherri L

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenofToolsView Post
I have both and like the Cinch much better --the Cinch punches 6 inches of holes at once, where the BIA punches only 3 inches at a time, and the Cinch has disengageable dies so you can choose exactly which holes to punch if you want an interesting hole pattern. PLUS -- the Cinch holes are the perfect size for inserting 1/4" eyelets, which can really dress up a book.

Last edited by Craftwise; 07-02-2016 at 10:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2016, 11:01 AM   #91  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi!
That book is GORGEOUS, absolutely stunning! The eyelets really *do* give it a professional, clean and finished look. Love this.

I realize this is a very old post, hopefully you get to see my post LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenofToolsView Post
Here's a book I made with eyelets in the Cinch binding holes:

Romantique book cover | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2016, 09:54 PM   #92  
Die Cut Diva

Ok, I'm not sure if I should put my questions here or start a new thread.. but here goes. I'm also having a hard time figuring out what size wires to buy and where to buy them. BonniesBest only has blue unless you call for special pricing, which seems like a hassle.. but I'll do it in the end if I can't find them anywhere else. I'd rather just buy a few... even if I have to pay more per wire initially. I ordered my Cinch on eBay and it is supposed to be here day after tomorrow. I'm so excited. Eesh!! I need wires and chipboard, then I have the whole 'how do I cut the chipboard' dilemma. :(

I did see where someone posted to order wires 1/4 inch larger than the book is thick.. at least I think that's what it said. I need to go back and re-read that part. But I don't know how thick my book is going to be until I get chipboard. Apparently there are all kinds of different sizes/weights of that too. *feeling a little overwhelmed* Suggestions? Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2016, 10:39 PM   #93  
Die Cut Diva

I finally found some owires, Zutter brand. Says they were made for the BIA but they are 2:1 pitch.. so they'll work, right? *prays*
Reply With Quote Likes