Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-30-2009, 09:07 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bind-It-All

I'm looking at getting the Bind It All for a few projects, and was just wondering... Can you add pages to a project after you've put the o-wire in? I want to make a book of techniques and stuff, but would want to add more pages as I make more technique samples. Is this possible with the Bind It All? Or is there a better machine out there for this?

TIA!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I never did get the BIA, but I DID just receive the 7 Gypsies Binderie punch. It seems easier to use. More book size options and bound with rings instead of wires. I would think it would be easier to expand - would depend on the size rings you've chosen. Have you seen the video? www.sevengypsies.com.

Molly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalia DisaView Post
I'm looking at getting the Bind It All for a few projects, and was just wondering... Can you add pages to a project after you've put the o-wire in? I want to make a book of techniques and stuff, but would want to add more pages as I make more technique samples. Is this possible with the Bind It All? Or is there a better machine out there for this?

TIA!!!
The simple answer is you can if you are careful and use pliars to pull the binding out. They tend to warp, so it isn't a great idea to try it.

There is a system that uses disc for binding totally removable and addable

http://www.rollabind.com/rollabinders

I have one of these machines and the various disc's it works just fine but I still prefer my BIA version 2.0.

Good luck!

Last edited by ms.rhetta; 03-30-2009 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: backwards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

You can easily add a page using Stampin' Up!'s spiral punch. The holes are spaced exactly the same as the BIA. I have a BIA and have used that to add pages after binding a book.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #5  
Glitter Queen

I would say, try it if it does not work, just use a new coil. Yes a little bit of a waste but you will be happier in the end.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I haven't found it easy to add to an already bound BIA project. The BIA seems to have been designed to work on completed projects, not half finished ones. As javagirl984 has already mentioned you could use the spiral punch to add pages as you go.

A couple of other suggestions:
1. Add lots of spare pages to your BIA book so you can add techniques into the book as you go without having to undo & rebind the book.
2. Use your BIA to make the holes and use the metal rings which you can open and close at anytime to bind the project instead of the Owire until such time as your project book is completely finished.
3. Use a 2 or 3 ring folder to store your techniques instead of permanently binding it with Owire.

I've personally used the last option for my technique file as I find it easy to organise & move pages around as my technique file grows.

HTH

Last edited by scrappyoz; 03-30-2009 at 06:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
The simple answer is you can if you are careful and use pliars to pull the binding out. They tend to warp, so it isn't a great idea to try it.

There is a system that uses disc for binding totally removable and addable

http://www.rollabind.com/rollabinders

I have one of these machines and the various disc's it works just fine but I still prefer my BIA version 2.0.

Good luck!
wow...that system looks cool! Do you know how many pages it will hold at a max? TIA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 07:28 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I had the "rollabind" for my first binding tool. I wasn't all that impressed with it. I found that I couldn't put a lot of pages on the disks, and after a while when flipping through the book after I used the rollabind I found the pages where punched with the rollabind came very loose and some were worn and didn't want to stay attached to the disks. I also found that you can't make a journal or scrapbook page and have bulky pretties on the page either. I sold my rollabind when the BIA came out and bought that. I'm so happy with that binding tool. If you are sure if you are finished with your book, just go ahead and punch the pages and put them in a folder and put aside till you are ready with the whole book to bind together. Just my 5.� worth.
Robin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 08:47 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by arubberstamperView Post
I had the "rollabind" for my first binding tool. I wasn't all that impressed with it. I found that I couldn't put a lot of pages on the disks, and after a while when flipping through the book after I used the rollabind I found the pages where punched with the rollabind came very loose and some were worn and didn't want to stay attached to the disks. I also found that you can't make a journal or scrapbook page and have bulky pretties on the page either. I sold my rollabind when the BIA came out and bought that. I'm so happy with that binding tool. If you are sure if you are finished with your book, just go ahead and punch the pages and put them in a folder and put aside till you are ready with the whole book to bind together. Just my 5.� worth.
Robin
I have to agree with Robin. I bought a Rollabind when it first came out and did not like it at all. The discs were not easy to work with and the pages hard to turn. I think I used it maybe 2 or 3 times and all the stuff I bound with it I rebound when I bought my BIA last year.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #10  
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

I just bought a BIA and I'm quite excited to get started with a few projects.
jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by javagirl984View Post
You can easily add a page using Stampin' Up!'s spiral punch. The holes are spaced exactly the same as the BIA. I have a BIA and have used that to add pages after binding a book.
Awesome tip! Thanks! Just one more reason I'm glad I bought that punch!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I too had the rollabind and wouldn't recommend it. It ok but sometimes the pages come off the little disks and now its getting harder to find the disks. Archivers used to sell it but no longer do (at least not when I was in there last)

I love the bind it all. Easy peasy to use.

Andrea
http://mycreativesanity.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes