Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-06-2013, 06:39 AM   #281  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm another person having a problem with the tape sliding right off the rollers, sometimes.

I'm setting up each roll the way I always do. I've been using Tape Depot tape for a while. I've even tried using the cardboard shim.

What seems to be happening is the roll on the left isn't staying in position. It looks like the plastic core on the tape roll is slightly warped, and the little black part of the gun that's supposed to lock the roll in place isn't grabbing the roll at all. Does that make sense? So when the roll shifts, the entire thing gets undone and I have to stop and rethread the thing. I've started to open the plastic cover and slide the roll back in position frequently, but that's also annoying.

I'm wondering if I just got a batch of "bad" tape from Tape Depot that isn't sitting right on my gun, or if my gun itself needs to be replaced because the little latch part isn't latching onto the roll.

My Pinterest Boards
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 10:25 AM   #282  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddesignsView Post
I'm another person having a problem with the tape sliding right off the rollers, sometimes.

I'm setting up each roll the way I always do. I've been using Tape Depot tape for a while. I've even tried using the cardboard shim.

What seems to be happening is the roll on the left isn't staying in position. It looks like the plastic core on the tape roll is slightly warped, and the little black part of the gun that's supposed to lock the roll in place isn't grabbing the roll at all. Does that make sense? So when the roll shifts, the entire thing gets undone and I have to stop and rethread the thing. I've started to open the plastic cover and slide the roll back in position frequently, but that's also annoying.

I'm wondering if I just got a batch of "bad" tape from Tape Depot that isn't sitting right on my gun, or if my gun itself needs to be replaced because the little latch part isn't latching onto the roll.
My tape slides off the rollers too . I just rethread it . I have had to do it so many times I can rethread it with my eyes closed LOL

The tape is not wound evenly on the cardboard core .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 02:17 PM   #283  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

I have had the same problem with last roll I used. I bought a package on Ebay with several rolls in it and this is the first one that has done that. It is very annoying! I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #284  
Rubber Obsessor

I just ordered a new set of refills on tapedepot.com. I hope they don't have a problem, I haven't tried any yet. I use the quarter inch rolls. I save the core of an old roll. I put the new roll on. Then put the core next to it to hold it in place so it won't slip. I read that advice somewhere else. it seems to work to keep the roll on the thing. the tapedepot.com has it the cheapest. I ordered the highest quantity so shipping was free and then split the order 4 ways. I've used theirs before with no problems so far. Just have to make sure to use just the right speed for applying it so it sticks to the paper good. Too fast and it doesn't stick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #285  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnjuan74View Post
I just ordered a new set of refills on tapedepot.com. I hope they don't have a problem, I haven't tried any yet. I use the quarter inch rolls. I save the core of an old roll. I put the new roll on. Then put the core next to it to hold it in place so it won't slip. I read that advice somewhere else. it seems to work to keep the roll on the thing. the tapedepot.com has it the cheapest. I ordered the highest quantity so shipping was free and then split the order 4 ways. I've used theirs before with no problems so far. Just have to make sure to use just the right speed for applying it so it sticks to the paper good. Too fast and it doesn't stick.
Thanks for the tip about saving the core. It sounds like a good idea. I've always ordered from tapedepot also, and haven't had many problems. Occasionally one of the rolls was warped a bit, but nothing major. I use a lot of tape, and I love the low price and quick shipping.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #286  
Kookie Creator

I was also having problems with my tape messing up and having to rethread. My friend's husband took off the black plate and cleaned under it. It now works like a charm. Apparently tape "gunk" collects under there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2014, 04:46 AM   #287  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasha728View Post
I was also having problems with my tape messing up and having to rethread. My friend's husband took off the black plate and cleaned under it. It now works like a charm. Apparently tape "gunk" collects under there.
I may have to try that. Even though my cores are a bit warped, even when I have them seated correctly the tape will get messed up. It looks like the problem is originating at part that collects the empty tape. It's not winding correctly, which seems to be causing all of the problems with the feeding of the new tape.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2014, 03:54 AM   #288  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

I may have to try that. Even though my cores are a bit warped, even when I have them seated correctly the tape will get messed up. It looks like the problem is originating at part that collects the empty tape. It's not winding correctly, which seems to be causing all of the problems with the feeding of the new tape.
I agree with you about the problem appearing to be on the side where the empty tape rolls. After I read about and began using the cardboard shim on the new tape roll side everything was going along fine until this week when the used paper backing wasn't winding correctly. I use the 1/4 inch tape from Tape Depot, but doubt the tape has anything to do with it. There appears to be a problem with the way it is winding on the used part. Hmmmm, can't shim that because of the way the black plastic thingy fits over the "core". Anyone found a solution to this problem yet? Oh, I'm using the big pink ATG gun... sorry I don't have the name and am at work now...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #289  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilypadsisView Post
I agree with you about the problem appearing to be on the side where the empty tape rolls. After I read about and began using the cardboard shim on the new tape roll side everything was going along fine until this week when the used paper backing wasn't winding correctly. I use the 1/4 inch tape from Tape Depot, but doubt the tape has anything to do with it. There appears to be a problem with the way it is winding on the used part. Hmmmm, can't shim that because of the way the black plastic thingy fits over the "core". Anyone found a solution to this problem yet? Oh, I'm using the big pink ATG gun... sorry I don't have the name and am at work now...
My ATG started malfunctioning on the take-up "circle" for the used tape also. There is a Phillips screw in the middle of the black circle. I took it out, and removed the circle. It seems to operate with a gear mechanism, which engages and lets go when you pull the trigger. I think that part of my gun has just pooped out. I've had it for several years and used it a whole bunch.

Fortunately, I had a back-up gun, the pink version. I'm using that now and have put the other one away to fool with later.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2014, 05:30 AM   #290  
Die Cut Diva

I'm afraid that my winding mechanism is failing. I've only had it a few years. It seems like it should last longer than that. The next time a roll of tape ends, I'll take the thing apart and see if there's anything I can do.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2014, 08:59 AM   #291  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'm afraid that my winding mechanism is failing. I've only had it a few years. It seems like it should last longer than that. The next time a roll of tape ends, I'll take the thing apart and see if there's anything I can do.
I decided that's what happened with mine. The one that quit working is the Red one, which actually cost quite a bit more than the Pink version that came out a few years later.

I had picked up a Pink one when they were on sale cheap, and had it in reserve. Glad I had it, since the Red one pooped out on me.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #292  
Stampin' Fool

My kids cleaned out my crafting area, which was my garage, as a gift for me, and threw out my ATG, among many other items!!! Thank goodness I had the pink one as a backup, it's loaded and ready to go!!! I'm just grateful they didn't find my tape storage!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #293  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Dottie, here is a tip from one of our members that fixes that problem. Try it, it works:

airbornewife's stamping spot: The shim I use in my ATG's
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

** I need to start reading this board more often again **
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2014, 07:07 PM   #294  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Call 3M

Give 3M a call and they can help you with the tape rewind. You might have inadvertently bumped the setting in the middle of the tape rewind (it happened to me and I didn't even know you could set that part) and mine was fixed. Ask for Barb. Apparently, she's the ATG gun expert I was told.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #295  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OK - I have had what is for me a new problem -- I just put in a new roll of tape, and it is winding fine, the problem I have is the release. You know how you do that little wrist action sort of to end the tape on your project - then lift it up and the glue strip is cut off - well, it isn't. This is frustrating! Have any of you had this problem before? I gotta finish my Easter cards!!!!!!!!!

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2014, 07:06 PM   #296  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know what I did but I seem to have fixed it!

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2014, 08:22 PM   #297  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sometimes I think its a flaw in the tape. I've had it happen randomly and resolve randomly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2014, 03:01 PM   #298  
Inking Addict

did you all know that the tape jungle and the tape depot are the same company? I didn't know this. I ordered from the Tape Depot and had a question after I ordered. I emailed and had a very prompt reply from someone at the tape jungle. Huh. I paid $23.40 plus shipping for a dozen. I received the package in about 4 days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2014, 06:35 AM   #299  
Rubber Obsessor

Default ATG Refills -The Tape Depot

Help... I just purchased a case of ATG refills for my red and pink ATG guns. However, the glue on the tape is on the wrong side of the roll, according to the way the gun says to install the refill. Am I doing something wrong? Anybody else have that problem with The Tape Depot, or Tape Jungle, refills ATG 7502? Help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2014, 07:18 AM   #300  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Load like the ATG directions say and then when you start winding the refill you just have to start the "glue" by pulling it off the "wrong" side of waxy paper part of the tape so it works like you want it to. Do you understand what I mean? That's one of the reasons I use the 3M brand rather than the Tape Depot stuff...plus I had problems with the Tape Depot stuff breaking midway through. Friends and I did a large buy together and we all were frustrated with the TD stuff and went back to 3M. I hope you have great luck with it once you get the tape started!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2014, 07:33 AM   #301  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevitaView Post
Load like the ATG directions say and then when you start winding the refill you just have to start the "glue" by pulling it off the "wrong" side of waxy paper part of the tape so it works like you want it to. Do you understand what I mean? That's one of the reasons I use the 3M brand rather than the Tape Depot stuff...plus I had problems with the Tape Depot stuff breaking midway through. Friends and I did a large buy together and we all were frustrated with the TD stuff and went back to 3M. I hope you have great luck with it once you get the tape started!
Thanks a lot Arlene. I'll give that a try, but not holding out much hope. My DH even tried everything. I'm with you and pay a little more to get 3M brand tape from now on.... Guess I'll jus have to pitch this cheap stuff.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #302  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Friends use the roll without the gun if they have a roll that breaks rather than throw it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2014, 06:42 AM   #303  
Rubber Obsessor

Where can one get repositional glue refills for ATG?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2014, 09:04 AM   #304  
Compulsive Stamper

Craftecowgirl, tapejungle.com carries repositional atg refills. I purchase the permanent type in bulk, and am very happy with the quality.

HTH!
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #305  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by msongView Post
Craftecowgirl, tapejungle.com carries repositional atg refills. I purchase the permanent type in bulk, and am very happy with the quality.

HTH!
Michelle

Thanks, but I cant find any there that says repositional? Also how do i know if I need reverse or regular?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2014, 09:44 AM   #306  
Compulsive Stamper

Removable ATG Tape | Removable Transfer Tape | Wholesale

I think as long as it states that it's for atg, you should be ok. But you can call the as well, they are very helpful.

Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #307  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by msongView Post
Removable ATG Tape | Removable Transfer Tape | Wholesale

I think as long as it states that it's for atg, you should be ok. But you can call the as well, they are very helpful.

Michelle
Only comes in 1/2"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2014, 10:57 PM   #308  
Glitter Guru

Received 863 Likes on 514 Posts

Here's a video that shows how to fix ATG tape that is backwards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLYP...&feature=share
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 06:28 AM   #309  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

When my tape is sticking to the wrong side of the paper, I squeeze it around all of the edges. That has worked every time for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2014, 12:54 PM   #310  
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up ATG stand/holder

Hubby helped me make this, now I need to decorate it and I can't decide how! Plus I need to re-decorate my ATGs as the alcohol ink I used to "paint" them the first time is rubbing off.

**I apologize for the picture being sideways, it is not that way on my computer.
Attached Thumbnails
ATG questions-img_0431.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #311  
Embossing Fanatic

I have a crazy question, but have looked at the ATG for quite a few years and just can't figure out what the advantage is. I use Tombow which is small and convenient. Usually keep a couple of opened ones around my craft room. The ATG cartridge holds a little less than 3 of the Tombow. Does the ATG stick that much better? It seems by the time you buy the ATG, it isn't very cost efficient. Please enlighten me.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2014, 12:58 PM   #312  
Kookie Creator

I can only answer for myself, but when I buy the ATG refills in bulk (most of the time, I go together with friends to place an order), the cost of each refill is less than $1.25. (While these refills are not Scotch brand, I've always been pleased with the sticking power.)This makes it much more cost effective to use than the Ad-tech runner refills I was using.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2014, 04:10 AM   #313  
Glitter Guru

I agree about the refills being very affordable, plus the adhesive is super strong.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #314  
Pearl-ExPert

Refills are cheap, adhesive strong (since it's original use was in framing), and a roll lasts a long time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2014, 12:45 PM   #315  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another advantage is that if you break it, you can re-thread it and use the rest of the roll I was so MAD when I broke a fairly new Tombow one...could not get it to work again, all that tape...wasted. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2014, 05:08 AM   #316  
Embossing Fanatic

At only $1.25 per refill, I can easily see why everyone is on the bandwagon. Would you mind sharing some recent sources? I knew you were the ones to ask. Love all the info I get on SCS:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #317  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy Lou Who2View Post
At only $1.25 per refill, I can easily see why everyone is on the bandwagon. Would you mind sharing some recent sources? I knew you were the ones to ask. Love all the info I get on SCS:p

I've bought mine from The Tape Depot. Their eBay store seems to have the lowest prices. I've also participated in group buys.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2014, 06:50 AM   #318  
Crimping Master

I have always loved Tape Depot and they have GREAT customer services. I recently ordered the 144 bulk rolls and they would NOT stay on the tape gun. I went and bought a new tape gun thinking that the one I had might be shot. Nope. I ended up having a replacement shipment sent to me and again customer service was GREAT but the tape is still a problem staying on the Tape Gun. Not sure what the problem is as I have used it since the tape gun came out from the Framing Companies. I will say that when I compare the white plastic core in the tape to one of my previous orders, it is not as thick, not as strong and appears "not as round". I have no idea If this is the difference but it is a pain always having the tape come off. I have used the cardboard on top as recommended on this site and that does help some but still not as easy as it was before :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2014, 03:21 AM   #319  
Pearl-ExPert

I had to put a new tape on my ATG the other day ,it is backwards wrong side tried everything just wasted tape so i am using it without the gun & it is a pain :( cheerd
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2014, 06:42 AM   #320  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yikes! I need to buy ATG tape and was considering Tape Depot... now I'm on the fence.
Reply With Quote Likes