Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-10-2008, 06:15 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATG GUN RECALLED PER www.framingsupplies.com

I had posted a message earlier in the weekend about problems with the TAPE on my ATG. I sent a message to www.framingsupplies.com customer service. See below for my email to them and their response. It kind of confuses me because there is absoutley NO PROBLEM with the ATG...the problem is with the tape.

EMAIL TO AND FROM
www.framingsupplies.com :

Hello Kimberly,

3M has recalled the 714 ATG applicators. There is not a problem with the tape.

Please call 888-936-3636 to speak with a customer service representative at 3M. They will be able to help with the repair or replacement of your applicator.

Best regards,
LaToya
[email protected]
800-334-9060
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2008 1:02 PM
Subject: Problems with 1/4 inch tape for ATG 714

I have been having a problem with some scotch ATG tape that my son purchased from me. Please see the question I posted below on a stampers website. It appears that other are having this problem as well. Are you aware of this? What should I do? I have 12 rolls of this tape!

[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cid:[email protected][/IMG]OK, at first I thought I was crazy. My son bought me a Scotch 714 ATG gun for Christmas last year and 18 rolls of tape. I have several rolls and have had no problem with the dispense or loading it. Last week I couldn't get a new roll of tape to work for anything....the sticky side was always on the wrong side. Finally I got out another roll out of the box and tried it. It went on with no problem. I compared the two rolls and there was a definite difference where the sticky part was and how it came off the roll. I meant to check into this and got busy and never did. Today I had the same problem and found that his roll is the same way. Both of these came out of the SAME sealed box labeled
Scotch ATG Adhesive Transfer Tape - 924.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
Kim

Another Stamper�s Reply:

Yes I did too...I thought it was the way I was loading the gun...My son got me the gun and taper too...Maybe we should contact 3MM
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Funny, I have the same problem with some of my rolls... except I don't even use the tape gun! I apply the tape directly to the paper by hand!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 03:52 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I bought my ATG gun from framing supplies a few months ago.

I'm disappointed that there's a recall and they didn't send an email or letter to let everyone know who recently purchased the ATG from them. Thank goodness for SCS to keep us up to date.

I did speak to 3M yesterday and they are sending me a label.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 05:44 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

If they have issued a recall recently on the ATG it wouldn't be their first time. I bought my first ATG last year only to find out there was a recall. One of the parts on the front half of the gun (spinner area) was manufactured wrong in China. 3M was great about sending me the fix it part. But if its the same problem be prepared to wait a couple of weeks for the part cause everyone is probably calling. I think I waited 3-4 weeks for my part. That being said I still think its one of the best investments I ever made. Can't tell ya how much I have $aved on adhesive refills.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:11 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine seems to be working fine. I've had it maybe 6 months or so. Do they go "bad" over time or did I maybe get a "good" one? I'm just wondering if I should be calling...because I'm not noticing any problems. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:26 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Mine works fine too! The first roll of tape I put in it kept trying to fall off, so I messed with it a bunch and it began working correctly. I haven't had any problems with my second roll of tape. I LOVE mine! Maybe it IS the tape!

Pamm
Reply With Quote Likes