Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-01-2009, 08:47 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Use the SU! !2x12 Post Bound Albums???

I have not been happy with the post bound albums I have purchased in the past. I am considering the Stampin' Up! 12x12 Post Bound Album and wanted some opinions.

I am big on embellishments. My current albums do not lay flat, and drive me crazy! The only thing I have seen lay flat are the Creative Memories Albums, but it seems silly to buy their pages just to cover them up with SU Paper.

Please comments on the Stampin' Up! Albums, as well as any suggestions on other products that work for very thick albums and very well embellished!

Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I would like to know this info also.

Sheri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 05:31 AM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 06:22 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I have one I used for my honeymoon album. Mine isn't stuffed full (19 pages protectors) but there's plenty more room for it to expand. Some of my pages are pretty lumpy and it seems to lay fine. The one weird thing I've noticed is that when it is open, sometimes there is a big gap between the front of the page protector and the inserted page itself- it's like it bows open. Doesn't particularly bother me, just a little odd. I wouldn't want to leave the album laying open is all.

I also use the American Crafts 3-ring albums (d-ring) with American Crafts page protectors. The SU page protectors are thicker plastic and are a bit roomier, but the AC ones are just so much cheaper and easier to get. The SU ones fit in the AC albums.

SU albums are really good quality.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 06:53 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I switched to the SU albums after using CM for over 10 years. I have been very happy with the SU albums---I agree with Panda Girl, the pages are a thicker plastic than other albums I have purchased. I do a years worth of pages per album, and my albums are thick and I have been satisfied with the additional posts added. I like the 'pocket pages', because I do a page and then put it in a 12x12 plastic box and then place them all at the end of the year. I like the flexibility to move them around!

Good LUck!
Nancy
http://crazystampinwomen.typepad.com/crazystampinwomen/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 07:20 AM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks for the input ladies . . . I am just a little nervous to spend $30 plus page protectors - not knowing I will like it. I too put a years worth in an album ~40 page protectors. You switching from CM and being satisfied really helps me with going ahead with my order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm so glad to hear you're getting one! You wont' regret it. My only complaint is I want more colors. The cost is really not that much in comparison to the CM albums. I've been very happy with the quality of them. I have many CM albums, and I switched to the SU albums about 5 years ago. I love them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin in OkcView Post
I'm so glad to hear you're getting one! You wont' regret it. My only complaint is I want more colors. The cost is really not that much in comparison to the CM albums. I've been very happy with the quality of them. I have many CM albums, and I switched to the SU albums about 5 years ago. I love them!
Glad to hear you love them. I have one, 12x12 leather. I am trying to put the post extenders and extra pages in. I think I"m doing something wrong :( It's like the posts are now too long, and I HAVE the spacers in, but perhaps they are in wrong? I need to know by 6:30 tonite (Feb 27th ) LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes