Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #41  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreywolfView Post
I am so blessed to know, stamp with, and chat with such lovely crafters. I've met bullies in other areas of my life and it hasn't been pleasant.

One thing to remember in a discussion like this about a particular product is that not all tools suit all people. Remember what Abe said, "...You can't please all of the people all of the time..." What works well for me might not work for someone else. We each have our personal style. When I said I didn't want the Cricut, I wasn't saying it was a bad machine - just that it doesn't fit my style.
Exactly!! like i had said in the beginning i LOVE that there are people out there who love their cricut and use it often..i mean obviously there are plenty because the company is still alive..but it just wasnt for me. I thought i would love it and at first i did- but being on a limited crafting budget- even paying $25 for a cartridge off of ebay was pushing it for me sometimes..then when i realized its been sitting on a shelf for over a year without being used i knew it was time for it to go im just glad im not the only one and i dont have to feel all that guilty for putting all that money into it for me to just not care for using it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #42  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyMel2View Post
I hear ya on that one....Things people on MB's said to me once when I said that I did not really love my Cricut: I am lazy; I don't enjoy the crafting process, just the end result; I lack vision.
and i can not believe they called you lazy...

really?! sticking piece of cardstock on a mat, pushing a button and watching the machine cut....

yeah i can see where not wanting to do that can make you lazy :confused:
bahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

heres something i want to share
lexie-1.jpg

I made this for my daughter before i got into scrapbooking and didnt really know what i was doing- still at this point had never even heard of the Cricut..
I cut out those little flowers using an old painting stencil and an exacto knife... I felt pretty accomplished cutting those things out, they dont look perfect but they were perfect enough for me and my hard work...surly didnt seem like i was being lazy while i was doing that...

whoever it is that called you lazy- they apparently dont know what lazy is...:P
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #43  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is a great layout!!

On the "lazy" thing...I guess I should clarify (not that I want to defend the rude person who said it but to at least clarify why I THINK she said it) I had mentioned that it was easier for me to use punches...grab a punch, punch it out, get the same cut each and every time...easy peasy. The flip side to that would be: Grab the cricut, load the cartridge, grab the mat, stick the paper on, pick my design, size, pressure; then cut, take the paper off, take the image off, put the mat away, put the cartridge back, put the mat away. For me, it seemed much more work than fun.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

I own 2 cricuts, a cuttlebug and a bigkick. Each serves it's purpose. I use the cuttlebug and bigkick the simple embossing and cutting. The cricuts I use to cut vinyl. I can also cut things in different sizes with the cricuts, and can also draw the images instead of cut them if I replace the cutting blade with a sharpie mini marker.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #45  
Glitter Guru

Received 809 Likes on 530 Posts

Nope - no cricut for me.

I don't any of the "toys" - no cuttlebug, big shot, embossing folders, etc.......

I just have stamps and punches.

It works for me :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow! This thread is so interesting. I think every single crafter has their own style, their own budget, and their own time constraints for crafting. I obsessively bought the cricut and all the tools and carts and all that. I used it 4 times and it gathered dust from move to move for a few years. I finally sold it two years ago and invested in Copics. I am so glad I did that. I hated that thing, nothing ever came out right and I didn't have the time to really play with it and tweak things. Best move I ever made selling it. It went to a teacher who actually had a use for it. I don't scrapbook the way I used to so I don't need something like a cricut. I like my Bigshot and dies, they work for my cards. I work full time and barely have 10 minutes a day to make a card. Maybe that makes me a lazy crafter but I prefer to think of it as a time- challenged crafter. I am sure you will find the perfect tools that work for you, and for your style. This hobby should be about enjoyment and relaxation and should not stress you out. Shame on those mean craft zealots who gave you ladies a hard time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #47  
Stampin' Fool

I don't have one and never will. I'm just NOT that into it. I LOVE my cuttlebug. I prefer to stamp and if I need a backgound or shape cut out, I'll use that. My sister has a cricuit and I have asked for a few cut outs from time to time, but nothing that would justify my buying one (not even the small one).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #48  
Embossing Fanatic

OH ok craftymel - i understand where you are coming from now..
but still i dont think it gives anyone a right to be nasty about it... I dont honestly beleive that any one sort of crafting is better than another... My whole purpose for starting this thread was to get a little of my inital guilt out after having spent so much money for it to go "nowhere" in my opinion. I am sure had i had a more disposable budget to buy more cartridges and things to go with my cricut id have probably "loved" it more..but i just didnt..

Im glad that it went to a good home the lady was so excited because she was upgrading from the baby bug and she was on her way to walmart to purchase some 12X24 mats to start making decorations for her sisters baby shower... im glad i was able to make someone happy-- ultimately im out almost half of what i paid for all that i sold but in the end im happy to have it out of my house because i couldnt stand looking at it and having no desire to use it..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

I have never wanted a Cricut and I don't think the company or anyone could sway me into wanting one! The fact that you have to buy the cartridges in addition to the machine itself just floors me. I mean, I gave in to a similar machine (the Slice) but I got the machine for a gift and bought the cartridges with my employee discount, and now look what happened!! The Slice is what? gone? done? who knows??!!

I have a Big Shot (loves it..) and a Silhouette (like it...) and I'm good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 01:04 AM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyMel2View Post
Remember that show "Designing Women"? I used to watch it and just wish I could be Julia Sugarbaker for just one day! hahaha! She always managed to get her point across!!
I love Designing Women. My friends got me hooked when they started calling me Julia. I was like "Who is this Julia?" I watched an episode and DW became one of my favorite shows of all time. I love that my friends think I am like Julia. My friends tell me I am the lady who can insult you and still be ladylike about it. If I did that online I just look like a meanie. I know what you mean how hard it is to come across online. I have a lot of Julia thoughts when I am online, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseynicole88View Post
I cut out those little flowers using an old painting stencil and an exacto knife... I felt pretty accomplished cutting those things out, they dont look perfect but they were perfect enough for me and my hard work...surly didnt seem like i was being lazy while i was doing that...
Beautiful LO & Beautiful little girl. She's an angel. I think your LO is perfect. I love your flowers. I am a stencil addict. I love to make stencils, use stencils and find new techniques for stencils. I am glad stencils are hot again. I love my Xacto knife too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #51  
Stampin' Fool

I played with a friends once........wasn,t impressed. No desire here to have one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #52  
Hardware Hotshot

i had a cricut create and lots of carts......it grew dusty so i sold to a friend who loves it!

i just didnt like having to choose a cart, choose a size choose choose choose!

i like my sizzix so much better, just choose a die and away i go.

i do still have my Slice, but harldy use it either..................too much choosing!

i am just a die and punches kinda gal! love love love my punches.........all over 100 of them........lol...yeah...i'm addicted to em!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #53  
Embossing Fanatic

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
Beautiful LO & Beautiful little girl. She's an angel. I think your LO is perfect. I love your flowers. I am a stencil addict. I love to make stencils, use stencils and find new techniques for stencils. I am glad stencils are hot again. I love my Xacto knife too.

Thanks lylacfey!!
everything that i used in that layout i bought from a tiny little local scrapbook store where i lived in Iowa. I had never been there before and decided one day (after having 4 fillings on both sides of my mouth!..i was full of novocaine!)
I looked around but ultimately had no idea what i was looking at. I bought the exacto knife, a silver paint pen, a few random 12X12 papers (didnt get used), that flower stencil and a DCWV glitter matstack... then i threw it all together- Now knowing a lot more i could do way more with all of those things and probably would have known how to buy stuff that coordinated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #54  
Matboard Maniac

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I only have a Cuttlebug and thats the way it will stay. I think it would take me longer to get everything set to push the "cut" button than it would to just run thru the CB. Besides manually cutting and embossing burns calories. My story and sticking to it. (Watch Designing Women every chance but just the ones with Julia and Suzanne at least 100 times and still LMAO)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #55  
Insane Embellisher

I just know that my crafting style does not involve being patient with any kind of computer related machine...OK, my style in life, not just in crafting, if I am being honest. I am just not into toys you have to plug in. So any of those machines would be a bad fit for me. I do have a heat gun that I plug in, but when I wore out the one I got for $8 at Roberts, I just went and bought another one. We actually burned it out installing laminate flooring, so my husband took it out of the home improvement budget. Anyway, I played with a Cricut a couple times, and ended up frustrated and not knowing how to fix it. When I get frustrated from stamps, at least I know how to fix it.
Leah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 03:33 AM   #56  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I resisted buying one until last year when I was making multiple gift card holders for my daughter's 8th grade graduation. I used it for that. Bought a few cartridges. And it's pretty much sat there ever since. I like my Big Shot better. I don't have anything against it, just not my style of thing. I had to make sure to get the Sure Cuts A Lot software before Provocraft took them down, though. Now I can cut anything I can find a file for online. That's nice. If I ever use it again. LOL!

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 05:44 AM   #57  
Gabfest Goddess

I've never owned a Cricut. I had a Slice (the small Making Memories electronic die cut machine) and sold it on ebay recently. I haven't missed it at all. I have a Cuttlebug and recently upgraded to the Vagabond to use with my wafer thin dies. I love that I can cut felt, fabric, denim, cork, etc with these machines. I use it ALL THE TIME!

Your attitude of "if I'm not using it, maybe someone else can" is fabulous! I totally agree.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #58  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I have an Expression and abou 30 carts and I never use it. It's a pain in the rear - deciding on what size to cut, getting it cut correctly depending on the weight of the paper, yada, yada, yada. Also, it never seems to punch out the small shapes completely. ARRGH!

I love my Big Shot and my punches. I know what I'm going to get everytime and I can just grab and create. I need to sell the whole thing and make room for something I actually like to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #59  
Rubber Obsessor

Like others, I sold my Cricut and don't miss it! I have the Big Shot and use it all the time because it's so easy to use!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

As my stamp room continues to fill to bursting...I sold my Cricut at a loss to a College student a couple years ago. Her mom is a crafter and they did not have the money to buy one so the student contacted me and asked if I would take a price that was quite a bit lower than I was asking because she wanted to surprise her mom on Mothers Day. I did take her smaller offer just because I know what a great surprise it was for her mom and how excited she would be to do it for her mom. I know it went to a good home. I am a Slice girl. It doesnt take up near as much room and now that there is a hands free mat and harness I just love it.
blessings ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #61  
Kookie Creator

Red face What is the difference between ...

Okay, I know this is going to sound really dumb...but what is the difference between a Cuttlebug, a Big Shot and a Sizzix? I have a Cuttlebug that I love, but now I'm curious as to how it compares to the others...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #62  
Die Cut Diva

Received 104 Likes on 55 Posts

I do not have a cricut. I'm more a Big Shot type of gal. I love the embossing with my stamped items more than just cutting out shaped things. Also, I just couldn't justify another machine with multiple cartridges to buy. My friend loves here cricut. We each have our favorites.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #63  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicki PaulusView Post
Okay, I know this is going to sound really dumb...but what is the difference between a Cuttlebug, a Big Shot and a Sizzix? I have a Cuttlebug that I love, but now I'm curious as to how it compares to the others...
The Big Shot is more heavy duty, IMO, than a Cuttlebug. It is also slightly wider. You can cut a wider range of materials with a Big Shot including cork, fabric, thin metal, thin wood sheets, chipboard, felt, and more. The Cuttlebug folds up, but the Big Shot does not. I got rid of my Cuttlebug when SU! started carrying the Big Shot. I had never had luck cutting standard thick Sissix dies on the Cuttlebug. I always always ended up breaking or cracking a cutting plate, which is why I kept my Sissix until I got the Big Shot, then I sold both my Cuttlebug and my Sissix.

The Sissix was a large die cut machine that did not have a roller system. Instead you pushed the die under the lever/pressure plate and pressed down in one section, then moved the die through and pressed again. You did this over and over until you had cut the whole die. I don't know that you can buy them anymore.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2012, 06:16 AM   #64  
Rubber Obsessor

I don't own a Cricut, but I do have a Slice (and about 20 or so design cards), and I have a Xyron Creatopia (so I can do all the manual dies). I'm happy with those. I just don't want to pay the upkeep for a Cricut, and while a Silhouette looks awesome, I can't justify it. I'm a card maker, and a Project Life style scrapbooker, so I don't need cuts larger then 4" right now, so the Slice works well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #65  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been scrapbooking for almost 20 years, cardmaking for 5 or so, and have never had a desire to own the Cricut. I own a Cuttlebug, two alphabet dies, 2 sets of Nesties, about 10 other dies, and maybe 5 embossing folders. I have never had the desire for anything else, maybe a new die here or there. For myself, I am on the austerity program in spending, and I can't justify the cost of the machine and the carts to go with it.

My best friend, who is not in any way a cardmaker or scrapper, got sucked into that Home Shopping Channel commercial and bought the whole kit and caboodle. Now, her high school aged daughters use it quite extensively for their projects, which I guess justifies the cost. She loaned it to me for a week, and I just couldn't get excited about it. To put this in perspective, I am an extremely simple scrapbooker, and don't use a lot of embellishments on my pages, so the only use I ended up having for it was alphabets. And, I found that the cuts I got with the Cricut were just not as crisp as the results I got from the Cuttlebug dies.

I still have no desire to own one, and haven't even asked my friend to borrow it again - as someone already said, eveyone has their own style and comfort level, so to each their own.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #66  
Crimping Master

I have a Big Shot and assorted punches...that's it. I have a friend who is in debt from buying so may carts for her Cricut, yet her cards all have a "sameness" look to them. She raves over my cards and is always interested in how I achieved my "look". Honestly, I would like to tell her to forget the Cricut and use some imagination, but that's just my opinion. I have also seen plenty of gorgeous cards made using the Cricut, so I think it's a personal choice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #67  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a Cricut.... somewhere. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #68  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never had any desire to own or use a Cricut. We are a group of 9 stampers. There are only 2 of us without a Cricut. I have a Big Shot (which I LOVE) and lots of dies and embossing folders. I think using a Cricut would limit using my imagination. The carts are expensive and there are only 1 or 2 images that I like. Yes, I have looked at them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #69  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,917 Likes on 2,185 Posts

I bought the Expression a couple of years ago, and after it sat on a shelf for 7 months, I sold it to a local craft shop. The only thing I liked about it was I could cut many of the same thing out at once. So it worked well if I need several of the same letters. Bought a big shot and lots of punches and I'm happy now. The cricut was too much work because I couldn't leave it out. So I would have to get it out, plug it in, cartridge in, set dials, cut and pick off of the sticky mat...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #70  
Polyshrink Goddess

Every now and then I have been soooo tempted to buy a cricut but the cartridges are what have kept from getting one. After having read all the posts here I have no desire to get one. I like simple and easy, and that is what I have with my Big Shot, nothing complicated, easy to use, and easy to store.

PAT
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2012, 04:48 AM   #71  
Inking Addict

This is a fabulous thread, I love reading everyone's responses! ITA, everyone has different preferences for using tools and materials.

As far as tools I use (I do have a Cricut Expression), I go in phases!
I am 38, got into scrapbooking when I was about 15. At this point, I am really into making cards ... but I dont have a ton of time or money because I have a 9 month old and an almost-3 year old and I work 30 hours/wk (soon to be 40). I always loved stamps and paper... I love PSX stamps, especially, so I turn to Ebay ...I use colored pencils, colored chaulk ... lately, I have been playing with copics ($100 for 100 on Craigslist), and ribbons (ribbon is not cheap!) ... you can do a lot with fun ribbons and buttons... all colors of twine. Probably like everyone here, I go in and out of crafting phases ... About 3 years ago, I found a Cricut Expression on Craigslist for about $225 with a ton of accessories I didnt want (so I sold them individually on Ebay and recouped a pile of cash) ... only reason I got it was because it was relatively affordable and I wanted to try it. I do use the Cricut when I have time to scrapbook (not a lot lately)... I love the fonts and I probably have 15 carts for it (from Ebay). I wore out two cutting mats, so it does get some use. When I have some card in mind that I want to make (I always make at least 3 of any card I make) ... if I don't use a stamp, I can usually find a Cricut image that will do just fine. I have the room, so it sits out on the table all the time... so I make it easy to use. However, it doesnt make the crisp cuts like a diecutter. It has its limitations... if you use thin paper with an intricate cut, the paper can rip - that makes me nuts. IMHO there's a lot of paper waste with a Cricut, which is not so much, with a diecutter. And there is the fine line between the sticky pad being too sticky and not sticky enough... but I dont want to get rid of my cricut just yet... I also use embossing folders (absolutely love them!!) with my Poco proof press (letterpress) ... its not the proper tool to use but it works for me (same rolling-tray action as the Big Shot Pro). But what is missing in my craft room is - a die cutter.

I am aiming to fix that. 2 weeks ago, I borrowed a friends original lever-action Sizzix and I love the result (crisper than the cricut cuts, even with a new blade) so I am getting an Accucut Mark IV diecutter this week. This is just the phase I am in... not sure how long it will last! Thing is, buying the dies arent cheap... so I will get one a week. Wonder what my next (expensive) phase will be!

For me, I need help with creativity sometimes (thank you Splitcoast website!) and, it really helps to have the tools and supplies available if I expect to create nice cards (which I do). And, so ... in addition to paying the mortgage and buying groceries, diapers, formula, etc... this is why I work! In the past month or so, I have been making about an hour each evening to make cards and scrap ... in between cleaning bottles and doing laundry, vacuuming, dishes... it helps my sanity (if only a little)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #72  
Polyshrink Goddess

I do love love love my Cricuts. But I do have to agree with some of the previous posters that the process of choosing a design can be almost prohibitive. I have 30 carts - and I can spend up to an hour sometimes browsing through the booklets and pondering the possibilities. But it's an enjoyable hour.

Of course I can also spend about an hour pouring over my binders that are filled with stamp sets - still enjoyable, but time consuming.

And therein seems to be the problem with my creativity. Too many choices and not enough decisions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #73  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't have a Cricut and never wanted one; it doesn't fit my card making style. A friend demonstrated her Cricut and I found it too complicated for what I want to do. I have a Cuttlebug used mostly for embossing folders and a Big Kick that I use for die cutting . The type of dies I like are Nesties, Memory Box and intricate dies from some other companies. I also use and love border punches. It's nice that there are all sorts of machines for all different type of crafters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #74  
Die Cut Diva

I guess my Cricut is being unpacked. Jeez, lol. My DH surprised me with a beautiful metal rolling cart for my die cutters. I have wanted one for the longest time. One of the reasons I packed away my die cutters was because the space issue. The cutters take up a lot of room on my desk. My DH said to me I am great with my cutters and he hated seeing me pack them away because he thinks I did it for the wrong reasons. I know I got a keeper.

One of my friends wants to trade some Kawaii items with me for Cricut cuts. Trust me, I am not turning that down.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #75  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I watched the infomercials and thought they were so neat but the cartridges seemed like it was going to be to expensive. After cutting out 75 letters by hand for a school science board (and knowing I had to help one child with a board every year for that child's high school years PLUS the brothers behind her) I decided that my time was valuable enough to justify a purchase. I started to look and found the silhouette sd. Bought it on sale and with card points as a gift to myself. It has been great. I even took the school emblem and created a file to cut using the included software. I cut it in the school colors and it made a high school scrapbook really stand out. I'm very happy with the silhouette and what it does. I feel it was well worth the money for me just for my kids school projects. The ability to create the school emblem from a jpg was a great bonus. Now I get to play with it more!

Barb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #76  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
I guess my Cricut is being unpacked. Jeez, lol. My DH surprised me with a beautiful metal rolling cart for my die cutters. I have wanted one for the longest time. One of the reasons I packed away my die cutters was because the space issue. The cutters take up a lot of room on my desk. My DH said to me I am great with my cutters and he hated seeing me pack them away because he thinks I did it for the wrong reasons. I know I got a keeper.

One of my friends wants to trade some Kawaii items with me for Cricut cuts. Trust me, I am not turning that down.
If you are getting back into Electronic die cutting for the right reasons I might have to get you to do tutorials!

I have a cricut. Haven't used it in a while because of computer issues and trying to decide whether to keep it and go with their latest gadget to use it on my laptop or ditch the whole system. The thing is I was very particular about which cartridges I bought. I actually like them! I know they aren't for everyone and to be honest that is why I posted here. I get really fed up with people trying to persuade others they have to craft like they do or use the same tools they do. If I like what you have done, I will ask you what you use. I just don't like the constant sales pitch that many are on.

I used to love looking at the Favorites threads... then I realized it sapped my creativity because none of my work was favorited etc. on top of that I have had photography/software issues with uploads... Yikes! Crafting is supposed to be FUN if something makes it fun then keep it; if it doesn't then move on!

I like electronic die cutters but I like computers. I completely get it that others don't and you know what - that is fine by me! Keep up your great work ladies! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2012, 04:06 AM   #77  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
If you are getting back into Electronic die cutting for the right reasons I might have to get you to do tutorials!

I have a cricut. Haven't used it in a while because of computer issues and trying to decide whether to keep it and go with their latest gadget to use it on my laptop or ditch the whole system. The thing is I was very particular about which cartridges I bought. I actually like them! I know they aren't for everyone and to be honest that is why I posted here. I get really fed up with people trying to persuade others they have to craft like they do or use the same tools they do. If I like what you have done, I will ask you what you use. I just don't like the constant sales pitch that many are on.

I used to love looking at the Favorites threads... then I realized it sapped my creativity because none of my work was favorited etc. on top of that I have had photography/software issues with uploads... Yikes! Crafting is supposed to be FUN if something makes it fun then keep it; if it doesn't then move on!

I like electronic die cutters but I like computers. I completely get it that others don't and you know what - that is fine by me! Keep up your great work ladies! :mrgreen:
River Isis- Thank you for the tutorial compliment. Made my day.

I did get out my Cricut again. My gosh, I have a problem, ROFL! I have a dear friend who wanted some special Cricut cuts. She trades me authentic Kawaii items I can't get a hold of in my area. My DH fixed up my Cricut create and did some fine tuning with it and now it works as good as a BossKut Gazelle. I am not joking. I don't know what he did but my cuts were absolutely amazing. I was like "What did you do?" He said he fixed it. My silly guy. I did get my shelf too and it's amazing. I love it so much but my die cutters are not on it, lol. Yesterday we set up a die cutting system in my DH's garage. This way I can have a professional system set up when I need it but it doesn't drain my creativity. My DH uses the cutters I own a lot too. It's a win win situation. I have my Create in my home on my art desk. I do have burnout and I am growing as an artist. I am not good with having my art items that I am not using in my face because it saps my creativity. I have to hide them or I lose my MoJo.

RiverIsis- Love your cartridges! I have my favorites too! I hate the sales pitches or the mentality "I craft better than you because I have this or I have that." Actually my DH & I were talking about that today. It does wear on me. My DH said about himself. "I don't use an ATG gun and my stuff turns out great!"

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2012, 04:48 AM   #78  
Die Cut Diva

I wanted to add I kept my Silhouette Came out too. I consider that part of my printer. I know somebody would have sent me a PM that I put my Cameo in the garage, lol. No worries to the girls reading this who I help with Cameo things.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #79  
Mad Swapper

The reason I won't buy a Cricut is because it is mechanized. The only reason I have a Cuttlebug is because my husband said I needed one to move to the 'next' level of crafting.

Even though I have a rather nice desk with a secretary and a credenza, there are tools that I allow for myself and there are tools that I don't. If it's mechanized, there's too much the probability that it will break and be quite expensive to repair. I've gone for many years doing things rather old school: scissors, stylus, etc. It wasn't until recently that I even bought a MS score board.

Am I happy that I don't have a Cricut? Absolutely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2012, 05:14 AM   #80  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAfricanQueenView Post
The reason I won't buy a Cricut is because it is mechanized. The only reason I have a Cuttlebug is because my husband said I needed one to move to the 'next' level of crafting.

Even though I have a rather nice desk with a secretary and a credenza, there are tools that I allow for myself and there are tools that I don't. If it's mechanized, there's too much the probability that it will break and be quite expensive to repair. I've gone for many years doing things rather old school: scissors, stylus, etc. It wasn't until recently that I even bought a MS score board.

Am I happy that I don't have a Cricut? Absolutely.
Old School is the best. I love old school so much. I got back into stamping when the fervor hit and all the new modern tools came out. Talk about overwhelming! I am glad to have a few modern tools. I like my basics the most. I like my small tools.

I always wanted a die cutter since I first saw one in action around 1989 or 1990. I was a teenager then. I was so fascinated & I got to work those machines. Gasp, faint! Back in that decade only businesses had those type of machines and the size was huge. I told my friends back then that someday die cutters would be the norm in homes. My friends laughed at me. Of course I was the girl who worked hard to be the teacher's pet and get to work in the office so I could use the Accu-Cut machines. I will always be a die cutting geek. I still love old school.

Reply With Quote Likes