Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-22-2005, 06:05 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody else a scrap/stamp "tool/gadget junkie"?

Boy do I love scrapping and stamping tools. So much that I feel like I must own most of what's on the market, although I know I don't. I own 3 different paper cutters (hate each of them), multiple eyelet setters and hole punches, and all sorts of other little "tools".

Whenever I see a new tool in a catalog, I have to go check it out. More than half the time I'll order the tool, but never end up using it. It just sits in my turnstyle with all the other tools.

But I just found this new tool that's pretty cool (I think). It's called the "Chizzel-it" and it's by Provo Craft. Creative Xpress has it on their site and here's the link: http://www.creativexpress.com/Mercha...e=tools-zision

I've even thought about purchasing the Silent Setter by Provo Craft too. I love to use eyelets, but it seems that whenever I'm working, the kids are sleeping and if I start hammering eyelets, I just know I'm going to wake them up.

So what's your favorite tool?

Tiffany
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2005, 06:18 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

I would have to say it is my Carl Cutter. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the paper guide doesn't go all the way across and if I don' t line it up correctly, then my paper is crooked.

I am trying to find a die cut system and have been thinking about the Accucut Zaz portable thing but still am not sure.

]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2005, 06:23 PM   #3  
Total Quack

I'm definitely a junkie!! I love to get new tools ... and paper, and eyelets and .......

Anyway, my favorite tool is probably my Japanese Book Drill. It punches holes so easily and can do many sheets at a time. It was a gift from a stamping/scrapping friend. That thing makes my life so much easier. I love it!

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2005, 06:27 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

That's easy.... my paper drill!

I just love it. I use it anytime I need a hole. I love how I can go thru multiple sheets at a time (even cardboard).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2005, 06:28 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I think my favorite is the cutting system from CM. I love the layered mat look. Since I use it for making both cards and scrapbooking, I don't feel too guilty. I just bought the new wavy frames patterns this week! Love them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2005, 06:47 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Hmmm . . . I think I might own pretty much everything, too!! :oops: Ok - not EVERYTHING - but my husband wouldn't believe that. I LOVE tools, gadgets, etc. Anything new and interesting. It could be something simple that costs $5 - or MUCH MUCH MORE!! I don't know which is my favorite at this point. I love them all!! I bought a GBC 15" paper cutter - LOVE that!! I just bought the ProvoCraft silent eyelet setter - even though I have the SU! tool kit (which I adore), Making Memories setting tools, and the ClikIt. And now that I have seen what you other Stampin' Friends have posted about, I will probably be purchasing the chisel tool, as well as a Japanese Book Drill!! I IMMEDIATELY looked it up online and now know that I HAVE TO HAVE IT!!!! My SIL lives about an hour-and-a-half away - she says she wishes she lived closer so she could use all my toys!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2005, 11:04 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

SILENT SETTER???? Tell me more!! I have the same problem with th e eyelets, I am a major night owl (obviously....it's 3 am) and I have an 18 month old & a 4 month old. Eyeleys at 3 am would be suicide! Does anyone have this tool already??
Old 01-23-2005, 03:02 AM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

I guess I'd have to say I fit this discription. The preschool teacher I assist has dubbed me "Inspector gadget" because of all the craft tools and children's toys I bring to school. They're so much fun!! I'm not sure which my favorite is.
Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2005, 04:16 AM   #9  
Inking Addict

I have a Japanese Drill Punch also but don't use it very often because when I press down on it it "jumps" to another spot. Does any one else have this problem and if so what do you do?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2005, 04:17 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I LOVE tools and accessories too! I think my two favorite would be my carl cutter and my aquapainters! Couldn't live without either of these.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2005, 06:26 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

I think I can qualify for this category! My most recent purchases include Making Memories distressing kit and the chizzle thingie. The MM kit included some paper paint, some ink spots, sandpaper, steel wool, a rubber paint texturizer, a stilleto punch and a bunch of other stuff. The chizzle is like one of those battery operated manicure tool only the attachments have been designed for paper crafting. Have I used either one yet? Nooo. too busy going to Michael's and my other stamping/scrapping stores or looking thru the mags to see what's new!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 04:49 PM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

PaperMoon, have you tried your Chizzle-It yet? I just got it cuz I am a tool junkie too but it's been kinda hard finding people who have done projects with it. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaperMoon
I think I can qualify for this category! My most recent purchases include Making Memories distressing kit and the chizzle thingie. The MM kit included some paper paint, some ink spots, sandpaper, steel wool, a rubber paint texturizer, a stilleto punch and a bunch of other stuff. The chizzle is like one of those battery operated manicure tool only the attachments have been designed for paper crafting. Have I used either one yet? Nooo. too busy going to Michael's and my other stamping/scrapping stores or looking thru the mags to see what's new!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 05:03 PM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Judy, the Silent Setter is by Provo Craft and I have a friend that raves about it and I was finally able to try it the other night. Well, now I understand all the hoopla! That little tool is the best! It is so easy to use and comes in this great little compact case with many different pieces. It sells at Archivers ($14.99 I think) and now Joann's has started carrying them for $19.99. Went to Joann's the other day and they were already out. This is a must have tool!!! Ü
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 06:23 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

ME ME ME!!!!

I have three portable paper cutters and two guillotine cutters - and I'm still looking at different ones! I have eyelet pliers (made for sewing actually), two of the regular eyelet setters and my very favorite - the Silent Setter! I love my paper piercer for poking brad holes. I have the pasta machine for polymer clay that I haven't used much. I'm itching to get a UTEE melting pot but I've heard you can use a little tin can in an electric skillet instead. The electric skillet doesn't see any food use, so I think it may move to the craft room next to the toaster oven.

I used to "collect" kitchen gadgets - and I don't cook! My craft gadgets at least get used and aren't collecting dust.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 06:27 PM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

I just got the Chizzle-it, Silent Setter and Sidekick. I've been working a bunch of overtime so thought it was time for a treat. I don't know how I did without either of them for so long! I'm an apartment dweller so the silent setter is especially welcome for that. Seems I never want to set eyelets until late at night. I've used the Chizzle-it to engrave on metal tags and for chalking. I really like it. Works like a Dremel tool without the high price tag. The Sidekick was my choice of die cutters just because I love the Sizzlits.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 06:30 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

hmmm . . .I definitely qualify for the "gotta have it" tool category. But, no to highjack this thread, haven't been thrilled with the Chisel-It tool. Maybe I just haven't practiced enough, but I can't quite get it to perform as the advertising . . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 06:43 PM   #17  
Hot Mess

Hi. My name is a Pro and I am a gadget, stamp, container, magazine junkie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 06:45 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

I also qualify! I'm glad to see I'm not alone!!! OK - I LOVE my brayer. What can't you use this for? I love my sidekick, but also have the big sizzix. I also like the qwikcut, but fonts are alot more expensive. So many tools, so little time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 06:55 PM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Looks like a Dremel tool to me - only they have about a THOUSAND (okay -I'm exhagerating) different tool bits to do anything you want!! I use my DH's all the time to drill holes thru dominos for key chains. He uses his for various computer repair-type things (don't ask me what!). I do love a versitile tool!!

The Blog

The Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 06:58 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by propecia
Hi Pro! Welcome to the club!! :lol:

Tiffany
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 07:34 PM   #21  
Hot Mess

Quote:

Originally Posted by hadleyzoo
Quote:

Originally Posted by propecia
Hi Pro! Welcome to the club!! :lol:

Tiffany
Thanks!!

I forgot that I am a contraband background paper junkie too. Must make sure I add that in!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 08:16 PM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

But of course, I'm a tool girl! My dad always told me "You've got to have the right tools to do a good job". For example: he owns like 10 kinds of hammers, each with their "own purpose". So, I grew up thinking you have to have LOTS of specific tools each with their own job to do.

I think the first year I started stamping I spent more on tools than stamps :shock:

Visit my gallery: http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...0&ppuser=29311
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2005, 08:31 PM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

on yea I'm a junkie alright!! I too use my DH's dremel tool!
So what is a Japanese Drill Punch
and where do I get one????? See what you've done to me!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2005, 05:24 AM   #24  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What? Are you kiddin' me?

I'm the president of the Scrapbook/Stamping Tool Junkies Club! So far I'm the only member, but from what I see here, membership has a great growth potential. To become a member, all you have to do is send me a tool! What? No takers? :lol:

I've always had this disease. No matter what craft I do, I am in love with the tools. Sometimes I think I only like crafts that have lots of tools. For instance quilting. Quilting is one hobby that rivals stamping and scrapbooking for specialized tools. I love the look of quilting, I enjoy doing it, but I don't have the patience to make quilts! I have one I take a bang at every now and then, but I think it is doomed to not be finished! But I sure have a lot of those tools! :lol:

I very much remember when I was a teenager. I went to the mall and went to the art store (Fingers...anybody remember them?) I stood for hours in front of the section where they had stuff for oil painting, just looking at all the pallete knives, the little pallete cups you could clip onto the pallette...I bet the store owner thought I was going to steal something! I just LOVE tools!

I have not bought the Chizzel-it, mostly because of my bad experience with Provocrafts last tool I bought..that dang sewing machine. I've tried just about every circle cutter out there (and have the discarded ones to prove it) and I finally decided that the Coluzzle is the easiest one for me to use.

I do have a Spin Brush that I have only tried once and one of those hot foiling pens (used once). My Melting Pot sits totally unused...I keep forgetting I have it! My Sissix gets little to no use, but I had to have it!

My favorite tool has to be the Paper Crimper...makes a cool noise and you can do a lot of stuff with it! As much as I demo it, I don't think I've ever sold one...I think they are all sneaking of to Michael's with their 40% off and getting it there. :shock: :? Oh well...as long as they buy the stamps from me, I guess I'm okay with that. :lol:

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2005, 05:30 AM   #25  
Cardstock Collector

yeah so far I've not read many positive comments about the chissel-it tool. darnit! I should have known something was up when I was able to get it for $7!

What's this DH dremel tool that everyone is talking about? Does anyone have a link? I would love to be able to drill holes through dominoes and such.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzannecomella
hmmm . . .I definitely qualify for the "gotta have it" tool category. But, no to highjack this thread, haven't been thrilled with the Chisel-It tool. Maybe I just haven't practiced enough, but I can't quite get it to perform as the advertising . . . .
Reply With Quote Likes