Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-02-2009, 07:03 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "alternative" to EZMount?

Hi all,

I know there are threads on UM'ting and trust me, I've read through all of them and have completely unmounted all of my stamps and wheels. Here's my question: Has anyone tried a repositionable spray adhesive directly on the foam mounting of their rubber stamps? --I'm down to one sheet of EZ mount and the stuff is expensive, not to mention the cost of shipping the sheets. I tried using the cling vinyl on one set and it's 'do-able', but I don't want to go that route. I have a sheet of Tack N Peel, but I like the unmounted style and the ease of storing my UM'teds on laminated storage boards that I make myself.

I read another poster here mention that she uses spray mount and it works like a charm. I replied to her post, but no response.

Thanks for any and all input fellow unmounters!
Kelli

Last edited by DigitalStamper63; 04-02-2009 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: shortened title
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2009, 07:06 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can't stand the cost and hassle of ez mount so i started carrying tack n peel because it is SO much easier. you put it on your clear block ONCE (i have three different size blocks but once on each) and then you can use that block for any unmounted stamps even bare rubber. i have a detailed explanation on my blog:

http://pezadoodle.wordpress.com/2008...you-heard-woj/

HTH
M
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2009, 07:23 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I could buy a couple more sheets for TnP just for my blocks, but I was hoping to get feedback on using a repositionable spray adhesive. I'm thinking this:

1. Peel paper backing off rubber stamps
2. Spray repositionable spray adhesive on sticky back of stamp/let dry
3. Store stamp on laminated storage board - use as usual

I make my own boards by laminating 5x8 pressboard file dividers that fit in my stamp storage box.

Clear as mud?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2009, 07:52 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven't tried the repositionable spray adhesive, but I have used the Tack-It-Over-and-Over directly on the foam after removing it from the block and I haven't had any problems with it. I do usually pounce the sticky side of the stamp against my jeans or my arm or something to cut down on the stickiness of the leftover adhesive before applying the TIO&O, and I usually apply 2 layers of the TIO&O (I figure the first layer will kind of "seal" the old adhesive).

I love my EZ Mount, but it certainly isn't inexpensive and any time I can make use of the foam that comes with the stamps, I do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2009, 07:59 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is what I do because I didnt want to invest a lot of $$ into ezmount.

1. peel the release paper off the back of stamp
2. peel the clear index sticker off the label
3. apply clear index sticker onto of sticky foam
4. apply thin coat of aileens tack it over
5. store on storage boards.

This way you have the cushion AND an index through the clear block to see your stamp.

LMK if you have any other questions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2009, 08:13 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Jennifer,

I've noticed when I laminated my boards that if I stuck the EZM'ted stamp directly to the image sticker itself, the cling on the EZM foam really sticks to the image sticker and takes a little effort to pull the stamp from the laminated board, I was worried that maybe there's acetate in the image sticker and I didn't want my stamps to ruined, so now I stick the image sticker directly on the board, laminate the board and then stick the EZM'ted stamp to the board.

I like the idea of putting the image sticker directly onto the rubber and seeing the image as I stamp, but I'm concerned that the ink from the image sticker will somehow "adhere" to the EZM cling.

I've read so many thoughts on the Aleen's TIOAO and the Tack n Peel, and am hoping to find someonere here who used a repositionable spray adhesive. Some people have a love/hate relationship with the Aleen's and I thought maybe I'd find people here who found another alternative to using EZM besides these two options. Thanks for your suggestion!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Question "Alternative" to EZMount?

Bumping, as I figure there are lot of SCS's who've unmounted and I am hoping to find a few who unmounted using repositionable spray adhesive directly on the original foam backing of the stamp instead of using EZmount foam.

I'm sure you're out there, please give me your thoughts!

TFS
Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
What I love about tack n peel is that I can leave my SU stamps fully intact with the release paper left on and still use them, and then if I decide to trade or sell them later they are like brand new. The tack n peel is an investment initially but only a one-time investment. Personally I rarely use any spray of any kind. I can't use it in the house/garage because of the fumes and it's too cold outside for much of the year.
How are your storing your stamps then?

OP - I don't have any thoughts on the spray stuff. But do wonder if you have a pic of your storage boards - and a general cost reference? The method I was going to use is too flimsy so I'm at the drawing board again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

I googled the spray mount you mentioned and found it here http://www.dickblick.com/products/3m...ists-adhesive/ I also check Michaels and Hobby Lobby's websites, and it looks like they both carry it too. This is what it says about on dickblick:

3M Spray Mount bonds practically any lightweight material instantly, yet allows work to be lifted and repositioned.

This spray adhesive requires only one surface application. Bonds do not yellow, nor do they become get brittle or flaky.

That stuff sounds great! I think I'm going to pick up some this weekend if I go to Michaels and try it on my SU stamps. I've been avoiding EZ mount because of the cost.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I just tried Mono Multi (in the green & white bottle) instead of the Tack It Over and I like it much better! It seems less stick-to-everything-in-the-vicinity when putting it on, you can use the wide end with the spreader to apply it, it dries faster and you don't need to make a point of sticking it to your jeans to kill a little of the stickyness (or it wants to bond permanently with the cd case/storage board).

I have tried diluted Tack-It-Over in a spray bottle and I wasn't happy with it. It was a speedy application method, but everything was sticky afterward. The 3M stuff would probably be better because it would be a finer mist, but I've used the 3M permanent on another project and again - sticky everywhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Default SARAN WRAP!!!

My husband is a genius :mrgreen:! I was telling him how I was going to get some of that spray tomorrow and explaining it to him how I was going to just use it on the foam that's already on the stamps, and he said I bet you could just put some saran wrap on there and it will cling. I gave it a try and it worked!! I just microwaved my stamp to get it loose and then stuck saran wrap on it and trimmed the excess. It clings great. I stamped with it and cleaned it on my Stampin' Scrub and it didn't fall off. It doesn't seem to cling quite as well as EZ mount, but it works! I'm just wondering how it will hold up, and if it will keep it's cling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2009, 08:52 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

I love TIOAO!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2009, 07:57 AM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I tried saran wrap once (on a cast-off rubber from trimming SU stamps) and it didn't cling at all. Maybe it depends on the brand. Mine was...handi wrap I think.
I used the walmart brand. I did two more last night after I posted and one of them wouldn't cling at all until I rubbed in on my shirt. I guess I had to get the static going.

Darn it...I just checked the stamps again to see if they are still clingy and they aren't :rolleyes:. They barely stick and keep falling off :-x. Oh well, I guess I'll pick up some of that spray stuff today or tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi all-- OP here!

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on the alternative to EZMount. I appreciate it. Keep the comments/feedback and experience coming.

I too went to M's with a coupon on Friday and bought a can of Krylon Repositionable Easy Tack spray. I read the can and it is acide free and useful for papercrafts. I have an SU set that I applied Grafix brand cling vinyl to last weekend. The cling vinyl sticks to my storage board well and it clings to the acrylic block well enough to ink up and stamp. It does not cling well at all when you clean the stamp on the scrubber pad. It comes right off the block when you rub the stamp on the cleaning pad. It doesn't cling super strong to the blocks like EZM cling foam does, as I think the EZM cling layer itself is very, very thin compared to the Grafix vinyl cling sheets. I would think the Saran wrap would have worked like a charm, but I remember another poster in another thread mentioning that it did not work at all, so I didn't bother to try that as an alternative.

I was going to apply the repositionable spray adhesive to the set that I applied the cling vinyl sheet to, but it's pretty windy right now and that stuff is toxic so I want to wait until the weather is sunny and mild so as not to end up breathing in the spray and fumes while I spray the tack onto the sticky side of the rubber. I'll let everyone know in a few days what the outcome is. We're supposed to get snow in Chicagoland within the next 36 hours--bummer Springtime in Chicagoland!

CASSLARSON--I will post pics of my storage boards for you to see with some details of how I achieved getting them.

Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Glad to find this post I was wondering about alternatives too

I did see an alternative to the EZmount on ebay, same thing, but different brand I guess, and it is about half the price.

I too would like to see pictures of how you store your stamps, or maybe there is already a thread around with that type of thing, I will have to look
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here are some pics on how I store my UM'ted stamps:

The first is a blank storage board which I created by purchasing 25pt pressboard file guides at an office supply store. They are 5x8 and I used clear packing tape to laminate them. They are very sturdy. They fit perfectly in my unmounted stamp storage box.

The second and third pics are a storage board that has been laminated then the image stickers applied, then laminated a second time. I learned that the best thing is to apply the image stickers to the clean board first; then laminate with the clear packing tape. This way the EZmount cling does not adhere to the image sticker. I found that the cling stuck really strongly to the image sticker, so I put a sheet of packing tape over the sticker. Each time I buy a roll of packing tape I call the manufacturer and ask them if that particular item has acetate. The two rolls I've purchased so far (Duck and Bandit) and used have not and do not contain acetate, so I know that the packing tape will not affect the EZmount foam. Just be sure to call the manufacturer of the packing tape you purchase and ask before you use it to laminate your boards. Some varieties of Scotch do, so call just to be sure.

The pressboards can be purchased online at office supply retailers. They are called file guides or file dividers. I originally used 5x8 index cards from Wal-mart, but those are thinner than cardstock and I had to use 3 or 4 of them to get a decent thickness to support the stamps. I remembered that the company that sold those clear stamp storage boxes had sent me a set of 10 dividers last year. Those dividers were too big for my box, so I cut those down to 5x8 and used those. Once I used those up I was rummaging around in the supply area of my office and realized that the file folder dividers we had would be perfect, but I didn't want to cut down letter and legal sized dividers. Too much would be wasted and those file guides are not cheap. I searched my local office supply store's online catalog and none of them stocked the 5x8 dividers in the stores, so I ordered a box through my office's office supply vendor for about $20 for a box of 100 by Smead. The box will last me a while, so it was worth it. It is definitely much cheaper than purchasing the laminated storage boards from other retailers. I don't think that 4 boards for $2.95 or $4.95 plus shipping is a good deal and I don't want to have to spend $50-$100 to get free shipping, so I came up with this idea instead. It works for me. I'll post another pic of how I store the boards with the stamps.
Attached Thumbnails
"alternative" to EZMount?-storageboard.jpg   "alternative" to EZMount?-storageboard1.jpg   "alternative" to EZMount?-storageboard2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here is a pic of my unmounted stamp storage box. It is a paper storage box that snap together that I purchased at JoAnn's during the back to school 'season' last year. I bought two as I knew I'd probably need them once I began my unmounting efforts.

I store my 5x8 laminated storage boards with my unmounted stamps on the boards in plastic page protectors that I had left over from a project from a few years ago. The page protectors are cut down to the size of the storage board. Even though the EZmount clings to the boards, I store each board in it's own protector so everything is intact. If a stamp falls off, it falls in the 'baggie'.
Attached Thumbnails
"alternative" to EZMount?-unmounted-stamp-storage.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #18  
Mad Swapper

Thanks! What kind of box are you storing them in?

I went to grab modge podge from my closet today and found a can of spray adhesive tucked way in the back. It says it is repositionable but dries permanent. I have sprayed one stamp and have it on a clear block. It sticks pretty well - I've had it on there for about 25 mins now and it still removes easily.
BRB
I scrubbed it really well on my scrubber and it still was stuck to my block. I dont' have anything like what you have. I do have some sheets from Little Monkeys that a friend gave me to try out. The stamp is sticking well to that.

I have no idea how long before this is supposed to become permanent - so will keep testing to see if it removes easily.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #19  
Mad Swapper

we must have been typing at the same moment!!
I have some photo boxes that I really want to use to store my stamps. I tried cutting down those magnetic photo pages to fit. They do work well but they are very flimsy.

I wonder if those dividers you are using would go through a laminating machine? Like a big one at a office store or Kinkos?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Cass,

I just finished uploading a bunch of pictures to my gallery on how I store my unmounted stamps.

A couple of weeks ago I was trying to figure out how I could go about getting storage boards for my stamps without going through SI and GKD. I'm not knocking them, but I don't have the funds to spend buying their storage boards, so I called Kinkos, OfficeMax, OfficeDepot and Staples. They each sell cs and posterboard in their copy/print areas and they can laminate an 8.5x11 inch pressboard for anywhere from $1 to $2 per pouch. Again, that seemed pricey to me. So the best system was to order the pressboard file guides. They are made by Smead and can be purchased online from any office supply retailer. I'm sure if you used Xyron you could easily laminate them, but I don't own one of those, so this works for me. Hope this helps.

Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 01:37 PM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by casslarsonView Post
Thanks! What kind of box are you storing them in?

I went to grab modge podge from my closet today and found a can of spray adhesive tucked way in the back. It says it is repositionable but dries permanent. I have sprayed one stamp and have it on a clear block. It sticks pretty well - I've had it on there for about 25 mins now and it still removes easily.
BRB
I scrubbed it really well on my scrubber and it still was stuck to my block. I dont' have anything like what you have. I do have some sheets from Little Monkeys that a friend gave me to try out. The stamp is sticking well to that.

I have no idea how long before this is supposed to become permanent - so will keep testing to see if it removes easily.

Cass,

I too wonder about the permanency of the repositionable spray, but I was thinking that once I spray the stamp, I'd let it sit overnight, then pat the stamps on my jeans or palm of my hand to lessen the stickiness. Hopefully, it will become more like the sticky on a post it note and note become permanent. I guess we'll just have to keep checking on them to make sure they dont bond permanently over time. -- Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #22  
Mad Swapper

How many boards can you "laminate" with a roll of packing tape?

You mentioned EZM and acetate and the tape --- are some of your stamps on EZM and some aren't - hence the spray adhesive? Would the EZM ones just stick to the laminated board?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 05:01 PM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCEmilyView Post
I googled the spray mount you mentioned and found it here http://www.dickblick.com/products/3m...ists-adhesive/ I also check Michaels and Hobby Lobby's websites, and it looks like they both carry it too. This is what it says about on dickblick:

3M Spray Mount bonds practically any lightweight material instantly, yet allows work to be lifted and repositioned.

This spray adhesive requires only one surface application. Bonds do not yellow, nor do they become get brittle or flaky.

That stuff sounds great! I think I'm going to pick up some this weekend if I go to Michaels and try it on my SU stamps. I've been avoiding EZ mount because of the cost.
I just realized I already had a can of the 3M Spray Mount. I guess I will have to try it soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #24  
Hardware Hotshot

My husband got me some repositionable adhesive spray last night at Lowes. It works great! He couldn't find the 3M stuff, so he got some by Duro called all-purpose spray adhesive. It's permanent if you spray it on both surfaces, but repositionable if you just spray it to one and let it dry a minute. It works really well. Kinda like a post it note. It doesn't feel very sticky to the touch, but it sticks great to the block, and stays on while I'm cleaning it. I like it a lot. I unmounted 6 SU sets today, and some of my other wood mounted stamps. I cleaned all the gunk off of them first. I actually had best luck with using flour to remove the adhesive.I just put some on the stamp after getting it off the block and rubbed it with my fingers, and it helped to remove the adhesive. Baby powder would probably be better, but I didn't have any. I tried goo gone and rubbing alcohol first, but neither worked very well. Then I washed the stamps in soap and water. I'm keeping the wood blocks and cases in the closet so if I ever decide to get rid of any of the sets I unmounted, I just reattach them with permanent glue. I also picked up some fun foam with adhesive on one side to use on my bare rubber stamps. I can't believe how much more space I already have, and have only filled up 8 CD cases so far :mrgreen:!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #25  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

What I love about tack n peel is that I can leave my SU stamps fully intact with the release paper left on and still use them, and then if I decide to trade or sell them later they are like brand new. The tack n peel is an investment initially but only a one-time investment. Personally I rarely use any spray of any kind. I can't use it in the house/garage because of the fumes and it's too cold outside for much of the year.

I don't understand how you attach them leaving the release paper on. Can you splain?????

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by casslarsonView Post
How many boards can you "laminate" with a roll of packing tape?

You mentioned EZM and acetate and the tape --- are some of your stamps on EZM and some aren't - hence the spray adhesive? Would the EZM ones just stick to the laminated board?
Cass--Oh my gosh, when I started unmounting I used a half-used roll of packing tape we had on hand and used that up, so I'd say I probably got about 15 boards done with half a small roll of the stuff.

A couple of weeks ago I unmounted the six sets I had accumulated and started with a new roll of tape because I couldn't remember if I had any in the house when I was out buying the cheap paper index cards. I laminated 10 'makeshift' boards~~(where I put 4 index cards together just to have something heavy enough to hold the stamps on because the index cards you buy at the big box stores are like paper--thinnner than cardstock and they're supposed to be index cards???)~~then and used less than half the roll of tape. Last week I laminated the pressboards and used a very small amount of tape. So, a roll of the packing tape goes a long way. Not sure how many sets you're unmounting, but hope this helps.

So I'd say if you're just starting out and buying the boards and tape, you can probably laminate close to 50 boards before you have to buy another roll of packing tape.

All of my stamps were unmounted from their SU foam rubber and remounted onto EZmount foam. The only stamps I have that are not mounted are my $1 clear stamps. I taped the clear sheet those came on to a board and they stick right on the clear sheet. HTH!

Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 06:30 PM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

Kelli thanks for the pictures, I need to be that organized.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 06:48 PM   #28  
Gabfest Goddess

I understand that - but what I DON'T get is do you put the index on the sheet? The "picture" of the stamp or the saying? It seems to me that the release sheet would stick to the Tack N Peel when you took it off. . ..

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #29  
Gabfest Goddess

OK. Sounds like a super easy system. Doncha just LOVE tack n peel? I don't understand why everyone doesn't use it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 07:05 PM   #30  
Gabfest Goddess

Freezer paper sounds like a good substitute.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 07:09 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Tack n peel sounds good but how do you store your umounted stamps that you use with tack n peel?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #32  
Mad Swapper

I know I just seem really dense. But I was recently told that the EZM - you don't have to put a sticky on it - you just "press" it and it sticks to the block/board. But it doesn't work that way with your system?

On a side note, before I knew that little trick about the EZM, I was sticking it to my block with double sided tape. I can't get it off without tearing up the foam - is it ruined and I should just start over?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 07:56 PM   #33  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenjoy71View Post
Tack n peel sounds good but how do you store your umounted stamps that you use with tack n peel?
I store my SU sets in CD cases. Some of them I have coated one side of the CD holder with Tack It Over and Over. The stamps stick to that.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 06:16 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathy HView Post
I store my SU sets in CD cases. Some of them I have coated one side of the CD holder with Tack It Over and Over. The stamps stick to that.
Ok gotcha. I have unmounted my stamps and bought the binders with the insert boards to store them in. I like to have things look nice since they are out on shelves ...lol

THanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 07:12 AM   #35  
Gabfest Goddess

I think that would be an easier way to see what you have than my system. But I think the CD holder looks nice ----- but you have to pull each one out to see what stamps are in it. I have about 50 sets still in the boxes mounted on wood. Haven't made the decision yet to put them all in CD cases. Know it would save a lot of space though. . .

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathy HView Post
I think that would be an easier way to see what you have than my system. But I think the CD holder looks nice ----- but you have to pull each one out to see what stamps are in it. I have about 50 sets still in the boxes mounted on wood. Haven't made the decision yet to put them all in CD cases. Know it would save a lot of space though. . .
When I was debating storage solutions I decided to go with the binders because I had over 150 sets and I didnt want to have that many cd holders. Plus I love the way i can just grab a binder and see many sets at a time. I already unmouted about 50 sets and its only taken about 8 binders!!! SUCH A SPACE SAVER!!!!!!! Love it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Well that spray's stickiness doesn't seem to last. Some of my stamps are already not sticking, and it would be too much trouble to take them outside all the time to respray them. I think I'm just going to get some tack it over & over.

Oh, and Cathy, I store my UM stamps in CD cases. I stamped an index of every stamp set and put them all in a 4 X 6 photo album. I have the name of the stamp set (or company name) written at the top, and on the spine of the CD case. That way I can just flip through the photo album to see what I have, and easily find those stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2009, 04:50 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCEmilyView Post
Well that spray's stickiness doesn't seem to last. Some of my stamps are already not sticking, and it would be too much trouble to take them outside all the time to respray them. I think I'm just going to get some tack it over & over.

Oh, and Cathy, I store my UM stamps in CD cases. I stamped an index of every stamp set and put them all in a 4 X 6 photo album. I have the name of the stamp set (or company name) written at the top, and on the spine of the CD case. That way I can just flip through the photo album to see what I have, and easily find those stamps.
Thanks for letting us know on the spray stickness... I wondered if it was better than tack it over. Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #39  
Polyshrink Goddess

Emily,

Thanks for giving us an update of your experience with the spray mount. I have a can of Krylon "Easy Tack" Repositionable spray adhesive. It's sunny out today, so I'll spray a set and check back in tomorrow and let everyone know how it worked out.

I really dread the thought of buying more EZM! I'll use Aleen's as an absolute last resort. Thank goodness for those 50% off coupons at Mike's!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalStamper63View Post
Emily,

Thanks for giving us an update of your experience with the spray mount. I have a can of Krylon "Easy Tack" Repositionable spray adhesive. It's sunny out today, so I'll spray a set and check back in tomorrow and let everyone know how it worked out.

I really dread the thought of buying more EZM! I'll use Aleen's as an absolute last resort. Thank goodness for those 50% off coupons at Mike's!
You dont need MUCH aileens at all so one bottle will do TONS of stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes