Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the first one--the CD storage rack--because the markers are side-by-side. That way they don't drop down as you pull one out of the stack. It is easier to keep them in order. But it does take up a lot of room, something I don't have. The Spectrum Noir storage containers that Crafter's Companion sells look they they would be perfect--I'm just looking for a more affordable (for me) alternative for now. Bindy has done a wonderful job of coming up with some, I think, and I thank her (which I already did in an email).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #42  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the photos!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #43  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueheronView Post
I will see if I can figure out how to attach the photos that Bindy from Crafter's Companion sent.
Thank you for sharing the photo's! I like those stack plastic totes a lot. The first photo is like what I have , but I had to cut squares from a foam core poster board to make the little shelves. I really like it a lot because I have organizational issues. lol [ If you have seen Monk t.v. show , I call it Monk issues lol.) I like having it straight and organized and not bunched with a few color groups. I think the SN will work just fine on shelves too because I can adjust my little shelves too. ....I will have to rework Copics though on the shelves to make room for new friends SN. haha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #44  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by justsoozeView Post
Connie

I'm originally from Buffalo, NY!! Hope you enjoy your markers - can't wait to get mine...watch the mailbox every day...

Hi! Where do you live now? I'm just out side of Buffalo, in Hamburg. I'm excited for you to get your markers too!! Well stampers I went and bought some S.N. today! $14.99 reg. price per pack, I bought 3 packs. After coupons my total came to $26.00 and change! Woo-hoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by connie leoneView Post
Hi! Where do you live now? I'm just out side of Buffalo, in Hamburg. I'm excited for you to get your markers too!! Well stampers I went and bought some S.N. today! $14.99 reg. price per pack, I bought 3 packs. After coupons my total came to $26.00 and change! Woo-hoo!
Great deal!! I am trying to decide if I want to just go ahead and buy a pack now, because I'm really anxious to try them , or be patient and wait to make an order when I can get a 12 pack at a better price. Decisions , decisions .
Tell me what you think of them please.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #46  
Embossing Fanatic

Wink

i love this forum but need to figure out how to work it better....and trust me, i am not the glitter queen - they must have assigned that nickname to me...queen of impulsive purchases...that has a better ring to it..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #47  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

i love this forum but need to figure out how to work it better....and trust me, i am not the glitter queen - they must have assigned that nickname to me...queen of impulsive purchases...that has a better ring to it..
In Forum home page - go to - Start Here. Then the forum Acronyms. It explains all our nick names.
It's not our fault we impulse buy! There are way to many things for us to choose from!!
I guess Connie is having a blast with her markers...she hasn't been back on here to tell us how she likes them .
I made another card tonight if anybody wants to see.
paigewithpanache.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #48  
Embossing Fanatic

lovely card paige - nice colors and nice dimensional look....i like that wreath/ring - is that a cricut?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2012, 04:37 AM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

lovely card paige - nice colors and nice dimensional look....i like that wreath/ring - is that a cricut?
Thank you! Yes it is a Cricut Create. Do you have one?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #50  
Embossing Fanatic

i have the personal size cricut...forget what it is called....i've moved so much over the past year and a half that i've forgotten how to use it, but it's set up now....is the Create a kind of cricut or a cartridge?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #51  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by paigewithpanacheView Post
Thank you! Yes it is a Cricut Create. Do you have one?
Hi Paige! Where is the card that was being referred to? Is it a card you made with a Cricut Create? I have a create as well.

I wasn't playing with my markers last night, :( My daughter has been begging me to watch the "Hunger Games" movie so that is what I did. It was actually a good movie!

Getting ready to go to work shortly but wanted to give a quick try with the S.N. markers. I stamped a small leaf and used the yellow markers I bought! Lets just say I LOVE them!!! I'm going to buy another pack or 2 tonight when I go to work! I have a ton of copics which I hardly used and for me it seems like the S.N. were easier for me!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #52  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

i have the personal size cricut...forget what it is called....i've moved so much over the past year and a half that i've forgotten how to use it, but it's set up now....is the Create a kind of cricut or a cartridge?
The Create is a machine that came out after the Personal cutter. Has a few more updates but still has the 6x12 mat. I love it!! I have been considering purchasing an Expression too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #53  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Hi Paige! Where is the card that was being referred to? Is it a card you made with a Cricut Create? I have a create as well.

I wasn't playing with my markers last night, :( My daughter has been begging me to watch the "Hunger Games" movie so that is what I did. It was actually a good movie!

Getting ready to go to work shortly but wanted to give a quick try with the S.N. markers. I stamped a small leaf and used the yellow markers I bought! Lets just say I LOVE them!!! I'm going to buy another pack or 2 tonight when I go to work! I have a ton of copics which I hardly used and for me it seems like the S.N. were easier for me!!
She is referring to the Bird on the branch card shown there.
That is exciting about your markers! Your making me more anxious to try them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #54  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I forgot to tell you I really love my create!! The cartridge I used for that card is from the CTMH Art Philosophy set. LOVE IT!! And if you scroll through my blog you will see what I made for my kitchen using the Love You a Latte cartridge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #55  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I forgot to tell you I really love my create!! The cartridge I used for that card is from the CTMH Art Philosophy set. LOVE IT!! And if you scroll through my blog you will see what I made for my kitchen using the Love You a Latte cartridge.
Nice card Paige! I will have to take another look to see what you made for your kitchen! I may have to case!! Oh but wait, I can't I don't have that cart! I do have the CTMH Art philosophy though! 2 more packs of the S.N. markers have been added to my collection! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2012, 01:32 AM   #56  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Nice card Paige! I will have to take another look to see what you made for your kitchen! I may have to case!! Oh but wait, I can't I don't have that cart! I do have the CTMH Art philosophy though! 2 more packs of the S.N. markers have been added to my collection! ;)
Thanks! Don't you love that Philosophy cart!! Can't wait for the other one to come in.

I love the little coffee caddy and it's perfect for my kitchen but if you want one for your kitchen I'm sure there is something that would work for your style with another cart you have . I would make something for you if I knew what you wanted or needed. The cart used is a Lite cart so it is not to much and there are a lot of cute designs on there. Did you see the tea bag gift made for a friend? That was so much fun to make too !
Way to go with markers!! I have a favor- See how they blend in with the Copics. If they blend well together , it would be even more of an extension of the color palette to use! I think I will go ahead and order a pack or 2 myself today. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #57  
Polyshrink Goddess

I wish I had a picture of the ink pad rack I bought at a stamp store closing sale. I got it for about $2. Wow. I store all my pens horizontally which include Distress Ink Pens, full set of Tomboy, lots of Spectrum Noir, and some Copics. I like the CD holder picture blue heron put up as it is soooo Lovely and Organized so neatly. Love the neat part. When my art room is neat I can work better...messy, well, not the same. Anyway, thanks for all the chatter about marker storage. Loved it. Will go and watch YouTube with Paigewithpanache.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #58  
Mad Swapper

Default S.N. markers & copics

Quote:

Thanks! Don't you love that Philosophy cart!! Can't wait for the other one to come in.

I love the little coffee caddy and it's perfect for my kitchen but if you want one for your kitchen I'm sure there is something that would work for your style with another cart you have . I would make something for you if I knew what you wanted or needed. The cart used is a Lite cart so it is not to much and there are a lot of cute designs on there. Did you see the tea bag gift made for a friend? That was so much fun to make too !
Way to go with markers!! I have a favor- See how they blend in with the Copics. If they blend well together , it would be even more of an extension of the color palette to use! I think I will go ahead and order a pack or 2 myself today. ;)
Hi Paige! I have not had a chance to try the Copics & S.N. together yet. I was on you tube and they are saying that they are compatible. The person did use them both together! Did you order any S.N. yet? When I was at work last night I was looking at one of the packs I think it was a neutral pack (white,creams, etc.) and it also had a colorless blender in it. I will probably get that one next! $14.99 per pack, less 50% off coupon not bad! Just a little over a dollar per marker! I wish they had the larger packs but they don't!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #59  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottiejdavisView Post
I wish I had a picture of the ink pad rack I bought at a stamp store closing sale. I got it for about $2. Wow. I store all my pens horizontally which include Distress Ink Pens, full set of Tomboy, lots of Spectrum Noir, and some Copics. I like the CD holder picture blue heron put up as it is soooo Lovely and Organized so neatly. Love the neat part. When my art room is neat I can work better...messy, well, not the same. Anyway, thanks for all the chatter about marker storage. Loved it. Will go and watch YouTube with Paigewithpanache.
Great deal! Sounds nice too!! Enjoy videos
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #60  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Hi Paige! I have not had a chance to try the Copics & S.N. together yet. I was on you tube and they are saying that they are compatible. The person did use them both together! Did you order any S.N. yet? When I was at work last night I was looking at one of the packs I think it was a neutral pack (white,creams, etc.) and it also had a colorless blender in it. I will probably get that one next! $14.99 per pack, less 50% off coupon not bad! Just a little over a dollar per marker! I wish they had the larger packs but they don't!!!
I would think they could be too because they are both alcohol based.
Yes I ordered a few packs today. We were out of town today all day and my dear family let me go into Michaels (I do not have one any closer to me than 1 hour) to get a few supplies and looked for the SN markers there but they didn't have them. :( So I had to order some. But I did get good deals. The essentials pack was a first choice for me because I needed a blender pen because my Copic brush tip one is messed up so I really needed a blender again.
So I bought some goodies this week and will be anxiously watching the mailbox. lol Just like a kid waiting for a toy to come in. lol
I can't wait to try them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #61  
Embossing Fanatic

connie

i lived in cheektowaga, then in clarence...used to drive to hamburg to take dog training classes at southtowns working dog club - excellent! now i live in tustin, ca....far, far, away...

no SN markers yet...still watching the mail box, which is annoying because they are in Anaheim, CA which is literally 15 min from me...busy week this week but hope to finish up organizing my craft room - then will try and post pix

susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2012, 04:26 AM   #62  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

connie

i lived in cheektowaga, then in clarence...used to drive to hamburg to take dog training classes at southtowns working dog club - excellent! now i live in tustin, ca....far, far, away...

no SN markers yet...still watching the mail box, which is annoying because they are in Anaheim, CA which is literally 15 min from me...busy week this week but hope to finish up organizing my craft room - then will try and post pix

susan
CA, yes far far away. I'm sure your area is beautiful. When I was a little girl I was in Orange, CA my grandparents use to live there. (right near Knots Berry Farm) I also need to finish straightening out my craft room! Have a good week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2012, 04:29 AM   #63  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I would think they could be too because they are both alcohol based.
Yes I ordered a few packs today. We were out of town today all day and my dear family let me go into Michaels (I do not have one any closer to me than 1 hour) to get a few supplies and looked for the SN markers there but they didn't have them. :( So I had to order some. But I did get good deals. The essentials pack was a first choice for me because I needed a blender pen because my Copic brush tip one is messed up so I really needed a blender again.
So I bought some goodies this week and will be anxiously watching the mailbox. lol Just like a kid waiting for a toy to come in. lol
I can't wait to try them!
So glad you ordered them, and unfortunate that Mikes didn't have any. Also glad that you were able to pick up some goodies though! I'm sure you are anxious for the mail to come, I would be too!

Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #64  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am loving my SN markers. I did find out at my recent CKC that they're coming out with paintbrush nibs .. very soon. They're not planning to change how they sell the markers so buy the new nibs for the colors you want to paint with ;)
Check out Jennie B's videos, too. If you get the opportunity to meet her in person DO IT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #65  
Mad Swapper

Does anyone know if you can use the 15% discount code for splitcoast on the crafters companion website more than once? I want to put in an order now and do another order before it expires at the end of the month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #66  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would call them and ask. I've only heard good things about their customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #67  
Embossing Fanatic

Just got an email that my markers have shipped ! and since they're only coming from a few miles away, hoping i'll have them by wednesday? will let you know....i live in Orange County, by the old Marine base with the blimp hangers. Ready to start stamping and coloring!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #68  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Just got an email that my markers have shipped ! and since they're only coming from a few miles away, hoping i'll have them by wednesday? will let you know....i live in Orange County, by the old Marine base with the blimp hangers. Ready to start stamping and coloring!
So your excitedly watching the mailbox too! Anxious for mine too but may be more like the end of the week for me since there wasn't any shipping today from the holiday. :(
Let us know how you like them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #69  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillieDeeView Post
I am loving my SN markers. I did find out at my recent CKC that they're coming out with paintbrush nibs .. very soon. They're not planning to change how they sell the markers so buy the new nibs for the colors you want to paint with ;)
Check out Jennie B's videos, too. If you get the opportunity to meet her in person DO IT!
Couldn't find the video's, do you have link or something ?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 05:10 AM   #70  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

So glad you ordered them, and unfortunate that Mikes didn't have any. Also glad that you were able to pick up some goodies though! I'm sure you are anxious for the mail to come, I would be too!

Have a great day!
I was wondering how everyone is doing with their markers? It's been quite here lately -that can be good or bad haha.
I received 5 packs so far over the weekend.

As far as the caps I only had 2 that were kind of hard to get off but figured a way to twist and pull at the same time and it comes off easy.

I have been so busy I really didn't get to work with them yet to much , but I did find that color seams to be more intense than what is on the cap, so I plan to make a color chart like I did with the Copics. Plus I saw they are juicy and I store them on it's side like suggested. Just a light hand needed to apply color.

Tell me how your enjoying yours .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 06:30 AM   #71  
Glitter Queen

Thank you to all the ladies that talked me into buying Spectrum Noir... they are wonderful.
I bought all 12 sets that were available in my Joanne ETC and AC Moore. I will now order the refill bottles that are on sale (15% off) through Splicoast now.

My first sample is on my blog... http://sundaystamperpapercrafts.blog...oir Markers...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #72  
Embossing Fanatic

Got my six packs of markers last week but was away for the weekend so no chance to play....i did assemble them in one of those scrapbook cases from JoAnns though...and as I looked at them thought "why didn't i buy all 72?" so...am going to try and see if the link works a second time to get the 15% discount on the rest of the basic 72....if i knew how to upload a picture here i would take a picture of the markers in the case to post...lots to learn, so little time....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

I was wondering how everyone is doing with their markers? It's been quite here lately -that can be good or bad haha.
I received 5 packs so far over the weekend.

As far as the caps I only had 2 that were kind of hard to get off but figured a way to twist and pull at the same time and it comes off easy.

I have been so busy I really didn't get to work with them yet to much , but I did find that color seams to be more intense than what is on the cap, so I plan to make a color chart like I did with the Copics. Plus I saw they are juicy and I store them on it's side like suggested. Just a light hand needed to apply color.

Tell me how your enjoying yours .
Paige, so happy you like the markers, and that the caps have not been a problem for you. Have fun coloring!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #74  
Matboard Maniac

I have bought two of the six packs of SN markers. Unfortunately, a few of the pens seem dry. I'm disappointed after hearing that the pens were "juicy." I e-mailed customer service, but no response yet. I like the ones that are juicy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #75  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Paige, so happy you like the markers, and that the caps have not been a problem for you. Have fun coloring!
Thanks Bugga I will! Can't wait to play with them more
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #76  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaperManipulatorView Post
I have bought two of the six packs of SN markers. Unfortunately, a few of the pens seem dry. I'm disappointed after hearing that the pens were "juicy." I e-mailed customer service, but no response yet. I like the ones that are juicy!
O that's to bad. I think that's unusual for that to happen with their markers too. :/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #77  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by SundaystamperView Post
Thank you to all the ladies that talked me into buying Spectrum Noir... they are wonderful.
I bought all 12 sets that were available in my Joanne ETC and AC Moore. I will now order the refill bottles that are on sale (15% off) through Splicoast now.

My first sample is on my blog... http://sundaystamperpapercrafts.blog...oir Markers...
Nice coloring!! Glad you are having fun with them. I haven't posted with the S.N. yet, but I will. But you can see things I have made using the Copics if you want to see.
Have fun coloring everyone
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #78  
Die Cut Diva

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Question Help! My ink is bleeding....

Help! My ink is bleeding when I color even tho I'm stamping with Memento ink on the Georgia Pacific cs from Walmart. :confused: I was able to salvage my first two attempts using the spectrum noir markers by cutting out the image, but the ink bled out really badly. Not just the turquoise from the markers, but some of the black ink, too.

If I could solve this problem I think I would be interested in getting more of the spectrum noir markers because I really like the bold color and just the feel of them. They are easier on my hand than doing a whole bunch of coloring with prisma pencils. Here's the card I made with the cut out first attempts: turquoise posies sympathy by happy-stamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

So, any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I tried heat setting the memento, but that didn't seem to make any difference...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #79  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by happy-stamperView Post
Help! My ink is bleeding when I color even tho I'm stamping with Memento ink on the Georgia Pacific cs from Walmart. :confused: I was able to salvage my first two attempts using the spectrum noir markers by cutting out the image, but the ink bled out really badly. Not just the turquoise from the markers, but some of the black ink, too.

If I could solve this problem I think I would be interested in getting more of the spectrum noir markers because I really like the bold color and just the feel of them. They are easier on my hand than doing a whole bunch of coloring with prisma pencils. Here's the card I made with the cut out first attempts: turquoise posies sympathy by happy-stamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

So, any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I tried heat setting the memento, but that didn't seem to make any difference...
I know you have to be careful not to get very close to edge because color will spread to edge. I remember seeing something about that before and if I find the info on it I will share it with you unless someone else does before then.

Card was pretty though
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #80  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy Stamper,

What Paige said about not coloring too close to the lines is correct--the color from the markers WILL bleed outside the lines a bit, especially when they are new and juicier. Something I saw on either the Spectrum Noir website or the Crafter's Companion website suggested using a piece of paper towel underneath your cardstock while you are coloring to help wick the color through the cardstock instead of it spreading.

As for the problem with the Memento ink, I'm not sure what is going on because that is the brand they specifically recommend for use with the SN markers. They do say that the correct cardstock really matters. I have been using my SN markers with the same
Georgia Pacific cardstock and not had much of a problem. Maybe try using a lighter touch when coloring?

You could also contact the wonderful folks at Crafter's Companion, who are very helpful. Here's the link to their website. At the top, on the right, you will find a link for "contact us." They might be able to help.

Spectrum Noir

Good luck! And please report back if you find out anything helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes