Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-23-2017, 09:09 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts
Default AD TECH UPDATE/WARNING!!!

I just wanted to put a warning up for all of you: I think they have changed the formula, because it's NOT working any more for my unmounted rubber!!! Someone had posted that they were having issues with residue and with the adhesive not staying on the rubber. I was mystified at the time, but then I ran out of refills and had to buy a new one, and it was doing that for me, too. I thought maybe I'd bought a bad one so I went and bought another one, but that one is doing the same thing.

I'm VERY sad and disappointed, because now I have to go find something else. I'll be sure to give you all a heads-up on what comes next...

Last edited by gregzgurl; 08-24-2017 at 04:34 AM.. Reason: Clarification
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 10:51 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 864 Likes on 515 Posts

Hi. Do you mean the adhesive in the orange tape runners? Did you mean when you're adhering rubber stamps to blocks? Sorry, I'm having a slow day, lol... If so, thank you for telling me, as I get that one to use with making cards etc.. sometimes, and don't want it to fail! I can't remember if the Elmer's tape runner brand is good or not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 03:54 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't know that there would be issues with paper, but it certainly isn't working any longer for my rubber (I used it rather than Tack It Over and Over on my bare rubber). AdTech is in a blue runner. I believe the orange is Elmers, which I haven't tried yet, but just might now that my go-to is failing...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2017, 06:09 PM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 732 Likes on 354 Posts

Sorry to hear that Sue. It stinks when a go to product suddenly doesnt work anymore. I hope you find a substitute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2017, 12:04 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my ad tech runners. I never used it for temporary stamp mounting, but I am not going to be happy if it no longer holds my embellishments on my cards.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:38 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! Thanks. And I was so happy to find bulk refills with a coupon. It does hold well on cards so I will get to use it up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2017, 08:53 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Smile

Thank you for explaining that. I did look when I was in Walmart today, and it is Elmer's that I've been using. I had an issue with the adtec in the past; some of my stuff came loose in my scrapbook, but that was a long time ago. I mostly use my ATG and sometimes the Elmer's if I want something to stick even stronger. I've only used it with paper though.
I've never used the tape runners to adhere a stamp to a block etc; does it come loose when you want to put in back in the case or do you permanently adhere them to a block?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
I don't know that there would be issues with paper, but it certainly isn't working any longer for my rubber (I used it rather than Tack It Over and Over on my bare rubber). AdTech is in a blue runner. I believe the orange is Elmers, which I haven't tried yet, but just might now that my go-to is failing...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2017, 07:10 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoptownracer1View Post
Thank you for explaining that. I did look when I was in Walmart today, and it is Elmer's that I've been using. I had an issue with the adtec in the past; some of my stuff came loose in my scrapbook, but that was a long time ago. I mostly use my ATG and sometimes the Elmer's if I want something to stick even stronger. I've only used it with paper though.
I've never used the tape runners to adhere a stamp to a block etc; does it come loose when you want to put in back in the case or do you permanently adhere them to a block?
I was using the AdTech in lieu of Tack It Over and Over as a repositionable adhesive on my bare rubber stamps. The adhesive would stick to the rubber and not leave residue on the MISTI or acrylic blocks or storage panels, but would hold them in place really well for stamping and/or storage. The latest version of this adhesive TOTALLY is NOT working! It leaves residue everywhere, doesn't hold very well - is just a mess in general. I really wish Sailor still made their chisel-tip glue pen - THAT was the ultimate in bare rubber mounting! They quit making it, though, so I had to find something else, which led me to the AdTech. Now I have to start the search all over again...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2017, 07:30 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Smile

They way you do it sounds so much easier than how I've done it. But I've got a whole bottle of Aleene's Tack it over. Wonder if the Elmer's will work? I may have to try it. Hope the Elmer's one works for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2017, 07:55 AM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks so much for the head's up. I will be watching to see what you come up with to replace it. I have some left - but will save it for my unmounted stamps from now on.

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2017, 05:14 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 666 Likes on 418 Posts

well, I dunno if this would help you long term Sue, but when I used to get naked rubber and I wanted to stamp it before I had it mounted ( because, none of mine is naked) I used to just put a piece of scotch double sided tape on the clear block and that would hold the stamp to it for me, just don't stick a cling mounted one over that tape ha ha.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2017, 08:43 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the attempt at helping, Stacy. I've used poster tape in one of the experiments to try different things before I landed on the AdTech. It worked as far as holding on okay for stamping, but storage was where the issue came in. If I pulled the stamp off of the storage panel to use it, sometimes the tape came with it, and sometimes it stayed on the panel. THAT was really annoying, so I looked for a better solution. The search continues - again! I do appreciate that you tried, though...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2017, 06:51 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I am SO sorry for your frustration, but relieved that someone else is experiencing my issue. I thought I was crazy!!! I had it stick to everything, but the stamp and was positive I was doing something wrong. I have been playing around with this for months and sometimes I could sort of get it to work, but then the next time it stuck to the wrong item.

I've purchased a number of these tape runners, thinking I had to find a "good" batch... even purchasing from different stores. Now I know it is the tape and not me. Good luck in your search and I am sad for you that a product that worked well is now letting you down. Why must companies "fix" what is not broken? Don't even get me started on this issue and Pinterest "fixing" things!
Reply With Quote Likes