Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 mystery cat stamps

Does anyone know who made these stamps? I have had them for about 10 years and I don't know if the woman I bought them from did business under a company name or under her own name. I would like to give credit to her if I can find out where I got them.
Attached Thumbnails
3 mystery cat stamps-3-cats.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven't a clue who the manufacturer is but they are so cute! As you can tell by my screen name I love cats.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
I haven't a clue who the manufacturer is but they are so cute! As you can tell by my screen name I love cats.
Yes, I can tell. Do you have some? I have four- Booboo, Babybear, Sweetie, and Cairo (pronounced KAY-row. It's a southern, Mark Twain thing.)

I belong to a stamp club you might be interested in. Crazy 4 Cats Card Club. We have about 50 members around the world, but mostly North America. A person can exchange cards with as many or as few members as they choose. The only rule is that a card must contain at least 1 stamped cat image. What I mostly like is the messages we trade, sometimes about stamping, but mostly about our what our cats are up to. And we have photo gallaries to share pictures of our cats. We provide support for each other when a kitty gets sick or dies. And we have some members who are very knowledgable about cat foods and cat care. If you think you might be interested send an email to Barbara Simpson at [email protected]. Tell her you are from Splitcoast and Carmie suggested you contact her. She is the administrator from Palo Alto CA. We would all love to hear about your cats and see some pictures of them.

A new member from New Zealand just posted that she is having a probem with one of her cats dragging eels into the house and leaving them on the hallway carpet. Any cleaning tips for getting eel goo off carpets? Carmie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 05:52 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarmelliaView Post
I belong to a stamp club you might be interested in. Crazy 4 Cats Card Club.
Thank you for posting this. Your club combines two of my favorite things: cats and stamps. I hope you don't mind, but I sent an email asking to join. I also know quite a bit about cat behavior and a number of illnesses and medications, so perhaps I can offer assistance to others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 07:08 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamper1996View Post
Thank you for posting this. Your club combines two of my favorite things: cats and stamps. I hope you don't mind, but I sent an email asking to join. I also know quite a bit about cat behavior and a number of illnesses and medications, so perhaps I can offer assistance to others.
I am thrilled and delighted that you are interested in the club. It is a very low pressure group. You exchange with only as many people as you care to handle and how soon you send a return is up to you.

You will meet a lot of people who are very devoted to their cats (well, all cats really). I look forward to hearing about yours and maybe seeing some pictures too. I guess we are neighbors in a way. Actually, I was born in Menomenee WI and still have family in the Elmwood, Durand, Spring Valley area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I do have two cats - Mimi & Kinko. Kinko has that name because her tail is kinked. Your avatar looks like my Kinko too. Mimi is a munchkin cat. Did you know that the Munchkin breed really isn't a breed. They are just dwarfs. So she's really cute. She has a big head and short stubby little legs. A friend of mine called her a "low rider" cat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 10:17 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
I do have two cats - Mimi & Kinko. Kinko has that name because her tail is kinked. Your avatar looks like my Kinko too. Mimi is a munchkin cat. Did you know that the Munchkin breed really isn't a breed. They are just dwarfs. So she's really cute. She has a big head and short stubby little legs. A friend of mine called her a "low rider" cat.
I had never heard of Munchkin cats before. I think my Cairo and Sweetie (sisters) belong in that category too. I have always referred to them as breadbox cats - short and no longer than they are wide. I thought it might have something to do with lack of exercise as kittens. They were born in a shed downtown and spent their days in the shed. It could be genes too. It seems that most of the strays in this town share the breadbox look. Low rider is very descriptive too. I can see calling Sweetie a Munchkin, but Breadbox fits Cairo's personality better. She is just an inch or two from feral. And that inch or two can disappear in a flash if she is startled.

Kinko is a great name, no matter how she got it. I will anticipate seeing photos of your Muchkins.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure but they remind me alot of old Inky Antics designs?? The style is familiar but I'm just not positive.

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com

Last edited by HeatherHolbrook; 07-07-2009 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherHolbrookView Post
I'm not sure but they remind me alot of old Inky Antics designs?? The style is familiar but I'm just not positive.
I will check it out. Thanks Heather.

I notice your kitty avatar and wonder if you read the earlier posting in this thread about the cat card club. If you would like to exchange cat cards with other cat lovers and chat about your cats and stamping, check it out. An email to Barbara Simpson at simpson@sonic .net will get you all the details. She is the administrator. We would all love to hear about your kitty's antics and see some picture.

Thanks again for the Inky Antics tip. Carmie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2009, 05:00 AM   #10  
Glitter Queen

I'm fairly new to stamping but I LOVE CATS! I have 7 cats that I adore. Would it be okay if I sent an e-mail to your friend about joining?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2009, 09:05 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleu CatView Post
I'm fairly new to stamping but I LOVE CATS! I have 7 cats that I adore. Would it be okay if I sent an e-mail to your friend about joining?
That would be great. I hope you will. Tell Barbara at [email protected] that Carmie suggested to you at Splitcoast that you would enjoy our group. And I am sure you will. We are all cat people, probably more so that stamping people, although we enjoy that too. It is a very low pressure group. Exchange with only as many people as fit into your scheulde and there is no deadline for returning a card.

I think you will like all the people you will meet at the posting site too. Join in and tell us what your kitties are up to. You can start albums too and share your pictures. We have just started a Waddle Contest. Someone mentioned that cats (especially the males) develop waddles once they get to be about 4 or 5 years old whether they are overweight or not. So we started a contest for the most impressive waddle. There is an album called A Waddle Contest where anyone with a nominee can post a picture of their waddley kitty. We will all vote in 2 weeks. If you have someone to nominate, get registered and join in. BTW I am called either Carmie or Cee at the group. What do will you be called?
Reply With Quote Likes