Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-12-2009, 04:35 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question [Another] Decoupage/Altered Project Question

Hi all! First of all... Happy Easter!

I was asked by one of my co-workers to create/alter an address book that she can use as a wedding present for one of her friends who is getting married this month. Both the bride and the groom are semi-crafty, so I feel like this is a lot of pressure!!!

I bought some of the Martha Stewart Decoupage Glue and Sealer last night because I want this project to last, and was reading a few comments about decoupage on old threads before I apply it to the book; however, now I am confused... So far I only have 1 piece of paper adhered to the address book (on the binding - the front and back covers are still bare). Do I have to use the decoupage as an adhesive in addition to a sealer in order to get good results??? (Not sure if this matters, but I'm using cardstock from Archiver's which seems to be pretty thick to cover the book. Ink is StazOn and I'm also heat embossing some of it with silver EP.)

Thank you in advance!!!

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

You should be able to have good results without the use of a sealant but you could seal it if you want to. If you decide to seal it, you could use glossy Modge Podge or a spray on sealant but if you decide to use spray on, it will need a few coats. Not sure if that was what you were asking or if I'm mis-reading the question...I just woke up from a nap. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 04:56 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Often this material is used both as an adhesive and sealant. I think you should definitely use a sealant to protect the book and make it last much longer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2009, 02:30 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Thank you both for your responses!

I am sorry to say that I tried a VERY thin layer of the Martha Stewart decoupage on the back cover with a foam brush/applicator... and the paper bubbled in every spot there wasn't adhesive - it went down some, but after 12 hours and still having bubbles, I figured it wasn't going down any more.

What kind of spray sealants can be used for these kind of projects? I tried looking in Michael's yesterday, but I didn't see anything that looked like it could work.

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

Last edited by PSUKim05; 04-14-2009 at 02:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

bump

Reply With Quote Likes