Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-18-2007, 09:24 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stamping on a Plate

I've seen plates stamped yet do not know the technique and would like to use this at the preschool I work at. Does anyone know how to do this and is it more trouble than it is worth.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks...struggling for lesson plans and parent gifts from the kids...need new ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2007, 12:00 PM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

The easiest way (and less messy for children) is to use Staz On ink. Etching cream isn't kid friendly.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2007, 12:20 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Etching would be crazy hard with preschoolers I would think. Etching cream can be a bit harmful, you have to be careful with it. I have used modge podge and did a decopauge (ok can't spell it) with napkins and pictures on a plate. I have also used paints to paint on the back of the plate. BUT, I wonder if you can use permanent markers on a plate?? You could take an image, draw it on the plate (on the back side), and the kids could color in the lines (again back) - or just let them free style color/write on the back. You may have to seal it but any sealer would do the trick. I used a spray sealer after using the modge podge. It was all done on the back so no harm to the front of the plate. Can't dishwash the plate, but you usually only use it for decorations or cookies or stuff like that anyway. Paint pens would work good too. those Fabrico markers can be used on glass too, I believe - they sell other kinds too for all types of surfaces.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2007, 12:27 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

Location: Trying to Stamp~But heading off to Sports, School & whatever else can fit into a day!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchiltonView Post
The easiest way (and less messy for children) is to use Staz On ink. Etching cream isn't kid friendly.
Could you put the plate in the dishwasher with Staz-On?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2007, 01:07 PM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

I haven't tried using the dishwasher w/StazOn yet so I'm not sure. I would think handwashing would be okay, but not sure. I checked the back of my ink pad and it is designed to use on glass, ceramic, etc. Of note, it states on the back of the pad to keep out of reach of children. I have used my StazOn w/o rubber gloves and haven't had any problems.
Reply With Quote Likes