Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spiraling images in cards

Just wondering what you ladies are using to make the cute spiral stretches in the cards lately. Coluzzle? Punch? free form?

thank you!!!
tammy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2008, 08:22 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmillsView Post
Just wondering what you ladies are using to make the cute spiral stretches in the cards lately. Coluzzle? Punch? free form?

thank you!!!
tammy
OMG! Another person from Austin! I live in Georgetown! Cool (well, not so much here, as you know- HOT!), I have been looking around for some examples of this kind of card after I saw it demo'ed at Covention 2008! I have to demo this technique myself at our post-convention team meeting next week. I think anyway that you can make a circle will do- just make sure it is big enough when you cut it into a spiral that you can open the card all the way without the spirals on the inside popping off! Does that make sense? Here are some blogs that I have found that have tutorials/examples of what you are looking for! HTH's!

http://dianagibbs.typepad.com/
http://www.stampingwithroxy.typepad.com/

Just scroll down in their blogs to find what you want- I don't know how to link to their direct posts concerning spiral technique:confused:

Both of these ladies blogs are so much fun to look at and they do wonderful work! Let me know if this is what you are looking for!

Lisa
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2008, 08:40 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

The short answer to your question is that it is a circle punch that is cut freehand into a spiral. I have this on my list to try.
Lisa, the way to link to a direct post is to click on the title of the post so that it is the only one on your screen and then copy the address bar.
HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks, Jana! I just started a new blog also and am having to learn a lot concerning adding URL's/posts/links and such to my blog as well as to SCS! I just uploaded a project for the very first time on SCS the other day- I guess I just get intimidated by the whole computer thang!

Thanks for the short answer also! I sorta get chatty and then forget to get to the point when typing!

And for the OP, i just found some examples of this card here in the SCS gallery- I searched for "Coil pop-up cards" and it worked. There is also one other thread (at least one) here:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Oh My! I hope that worked!

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes