Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-04-2005, 09:06 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MINI CALENDAR DIRECTIONS

OK, This is my best attempt to explain how I made the mini calendars posted the other day.
I used my Microsoft Word program to create the calendar. At the very top of the page should be a title called TABLE. Click on that and choose INSERT NUMBER OF COLUMNS. I think I did mine at 7 columns and 6 rows as you'll use one of those rows to type in the days of the week. Type in the numbers in each box that correspond to the proper day of the week. You'll have to click and drag on the each corner of the rows and columns with your mouse and change the size of each of the boxs to whatever size fits your project. Add the Month above the table in whatever font you like. My program wouldn't allow me to paste multiple calendars on the same page so I had to do mine one at a time. Once I printed the calendar out many, many times on printer paper to get it where I needed it, I then cut out my paper to 3 1/2 x 5 and then taped them on to the printer paper that is now my "pattern" or "guide" for where it will print. I had to do this step with the cover of the calendar too, so I wouldn't have any paper waste. Once your calendars are printed, stamp to your heart's content. (Adding the ink around the calendar page dresses it up A LOT!)

Before I bound them, I bought and cut some cork board to add to the back for re-inforcement and to make it more professional looking, like the calendars you would buy at a store. At first I took my completed calendars to my local print shop and they charged me over $2 each. Since I made over 45 of these it added up really quick! The last 10 I made, I found a friend at church that had a binding machine and she charged me a lot less.

I hope this better explains how it's done, but if not, just send me a PM and I'll try to clear up any confusion I may have caused. I am not the greatest at explaining things when there is a long process involved, but you gals are so creative, you'll probably come up with an easier way. When you do, I'll come crawling to you!! ;) I'll have to blame my computer program for making it so painful!
God Bless,
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2006, 07:18 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, I know this thread is really old, but these are great directions! I think I might try to go and make one! Thank you:mrgreen:!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Location: DH and I driving the yacht on Christmas vacation in Cancun
Default Thought you might like some help making multiple calendars on one page

FYI,
I just wanted to let you know how you can add multiple tables in one box so you can create multiple calendars. You created your calendar with 7 columns. Try making it with 15. Then you highlight the 8th column all the way down, right click, select format borders and shading. Turn off all the borders except for the left and right one. This will create a gap between column 7 and 9. You can copy paste your info from the first calendar set to the second one. Now all you have to do is highlight your table, copy, click below the last row of your table and paste.

I thought this might help save some time and aggravation!
Reply With Quote Likes