Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-25-2009, 01:54 PM   #121  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I first read this thread at 3 a.m., I couldn't wait to buy parchment paper. I took an old teflon cookie sheet and it worked great. Couldn't wait for the grocery store to open.

I have colored them with alcohol reinders and copic markers as well as pearl-ex powder. They all work beautifully. But the SU inkers and markers did not work well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #122  
Polyshrink Goddess

Do you leave them on the paper after they are dried?..... This might have been answered earlier but wondered how you store them...Thanks....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 02:33 AM   #123  
Rubber Obsessor

I store mine according to color in little baggies from the jewelry dept. at Michaels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #124  
Rubber Obsessor

So sorry everyone. I was on two different threads at the same time and posted my last two posts #121 and #123 in the wrong thread. These should be in the "Make your own dew drops" thread.

I'll get my head together yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #125  
Cardstock Collector

HI! I see in this thread that you were asking what happened to Aleene and her daughters. Well, here we are! We recently launched Inspired at Home.com and I'm delighted to say that Aleene turned 85 this last January and is kicking up her heels dancing at the local senior center. Aleene will be the featured guest on our new live talk radio show on www.blogtalkradio.com/inspiredathome.com. Hope you can tune in to call into the show and say hello to her yourself! Have a fabulous creative and inspired day! Tiffany Windsor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 04:10 PM   #126  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiffanyWindsorView Post
HI! I see in this thread that you were asking what happened to Aleene and her daughters. Well, here we are! We recently launched Inspired at Home.com and I'm delighted to say that Aleene turned 85 this last January and is kicking up her heels dancing at the local senior center. Aleene will be the featured guest on our new live talk radio show on www.blogtalkradio.com/inspiredathome.com. Hope you can tune in to call into the show and say hello to her yourself! Have a fabulous creative and inspired day! Tiffany Windsor
HOW COOL is this??? Glad to hear your Mom is still kickin' up her heels!! Congrat's on your new endeavor!! Will be sure to check out your site...the other day I was going thru my craft stuff that I've had forever it seems like, and there were your books along with the plastic pieces you would melt to form jewelry (pins, earrings, etc.) Still have the frying pan I used to melt them in!! Oh my gosh...does that bring back memories or what??

Take care, Please give my best to your Mom!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 04:41 PM   #127  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyclaireView Post
Do you leave them on the paper after they are dried?..... This might have been answered earlier but wondered how you store them...Thanks....
I cut my paper stripsof parchment to the width of and empty ribbon spool and then when they were dry, I took a piece of scotch tape and started rolling them up on the spool. Glue dots side up and then another strip of them glue dot side up so and so on, so that the back of the parchment from those were covering the dots. Does that even make sense? Anyway it worked great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #128  
Cardstock Collector

Hey Joanney! Yes! It is fun to reminisce about the Aleene's Creative Living TV days. I can hardly believe that I hosted over 2,000 episodes which then adds up to over 15,000 segments. That's a lot of crafts And yes, I have lots of memories of the Aleene's Fantastic Plastic pellets. I'll let Mom know that you said hello - better yet - you should call her during the radio show on April 26th!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #129  
Rubber Obsessor

I look forward to listening to the live talk radio interview. What time shall I plan to tune in?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #130  
Cardstock Collector

Hi Michelle - The Inspired at Home radio show airs live on Sunday nights at 7 pm ET on www.blogtalkradio.com/inspiredathome starting April 26th. You can go to that link and ask for a reminder to be sent to you. Thanks for asking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #131  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

OH My Goodness!!!!! I am so thrilled to hear that Aleene is still doing well!!! I miss you guys SO much!!! I loved your show and never missed a one!! I have so many patterns and ideas copied down and I have the BoxMaker which I STILL use!! Its a great scoring tool! And I still use your glues..... I so wish you guys could get another show going... the craft industry is hurting for craft shows I think... we have so many "HOME" shows but no CRAFT shows.... I miss them!
Please give my best to your Mom and Sisters also!!! Long Live Aleene!!!
God bless
Nyoka
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 07:02 PM   #132  
Cardstock Collector

Hi Nyoka - We miss our Aleene's family too! We'd love to get another craft tv show going so for now, we're going to be gathering our fans through our new radio show and then see where that takes us. Be sure and let anyone else that you know who would like to reconnect with Aleene to tune in on April 26th! She would love to hear from everyone! And, join our fans at the Inspired at Home group at Facebook. Big hugs to everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 05:03 AM   #133  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

OHHHH!!!! Great to hear Aleene is still kicking up her heels. I picture her just that way. I was a big fan as well, never missed an episode. Have the BIG books, I'd get so excited when a new batch arrived lol and all the shows on VHS lol we never considered they'd go out of style. I do a lot of girl scout groups and I still refer back to those crafts for ideas, they are timeless.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 05:24 AM   #134  
Cardstock Collector

Default Aleene

Hi Hawk - Heidi and I are always using our Aleene's Big Book of Crafts for project inspiration. Just last week, Heidi created a new window screen jewelry project for www.favecrafts.com using the Jewelry Box Card #1 as her inspiration It will be a creative resource for many years to come. I passed your post along to Aleene. She is having so much fun hearing from everyone. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 05:56 AM   #135  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Hi Hawk - Heidi and I are always using our Aleene's Big Book of Crafts for project inspiration. Just last week, Heidi created a new window screen jewelry project for www.favecrafts.com using the Jewelry Box Card #1 as her inspiration It will be a creative resource for many years to come. I passed your post along to Aleene. She is having so much fun hearing from everyone. Thank you!
Thank you for the links. I have you all in my favorite places now. It's silly but feels sort of like becoming reaquainted with old friends that I had lost touch with. We viewers felt like you invited us into your family and were so sad when your show went off the air. Thanks for making me smile today
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 06:23 AM   #136  
Inking Addict

Hi,
I looked for the Inspired at Home group on facebook and can't seem to find it. Am I spelling it wrong or is there some special symbol in the title?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 06:42 AM   #137  
Kookie Creator

Default Storing suggestion for your home made glue dots!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamiehurleyView Post
I cut my paper stripsof parchment to the width of and empty ribbon spool and then when they were dry, I took a piece of scotch tape and started rolling them up on the spool. Glue dots side up and then another strip of them glue dot side up so and so on, so that the back of the parchment from those were covering the dots. Does that even make sense? Anyway it worked great!

I never thought about rolling the strips onto an empty spool ribbon...good idea though!!! Makes perfect sense to me about all the layers being covered with the back of the parchment paper...

I have been cutting my parchment paper in strips the WIDTH (or a TAD smaller) of a plastic cd case....than after making my strips of glue dots, I just lay them in there and kinda of like stack them on top of each other. (Same principal..the paper the dots are on will NOT stick to a piece below 'cuz you used parchment paper)...Am I making sense??? hahahaha

I'm able to see thru the cd case and can tell when I need to make more and it makes a nice FLAT storage option...use one case for one size, another case for larger dots, etc..just mark on cd case what sizes (if need be) but you'll be able to see through case so I don't....

Have fun...I love making them!!!! Hope this helps!! Cya...Jo :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 12:59 PM   #138  
Kookie Creator

Tiffany,
Glad to hear your mom's doing well.
Look forward to the radio show.

Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #139  
Glitter Guru

I can't find Alene's Tack it over and over......Where can I find it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #140  
Kookie Creator

I found mine at Michael's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #141  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 253 Likes on 178 Posts

The only place I have seen it is Michael's. I checked both ACMoore and Hobby Lobby and they DID NOT have it. Michael's does.

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2009, 02:20 PM   #142  
Glitter Guru

OK...maybe I just need to let you guys get me some when you go. Our Michael's is sooooo small it almost doesn't have a front door.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #143  
Glitter Guru

Our Michael's does Not have it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2009, 07:23 AM   #144  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by teach0123View Post
Our Michael's does Not have it.
Do you have a fabric store nearby? Since it originally was used for applying appliques to clothing you may find it there. Our walmart used to carry it but when I went a few days ago they no longer carry it here. I'll be looking at JoAnn's fabric, if I find it there I'll post back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2009, 07:43 AM   #145  
Polyshrink Goddess

It is availbale on line at JoAnn's fabrics... 40% off coupon code is SED108 and the tack it over and over is...DBAD014402 $ 3.79. I hope this helps... Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #146  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hooray! I just bought my first bottle of this stuff a few weeks ago and haven't even opened yet! I don't even remember why I bought it. I guess someone on here must have convinced me I just had to have it! Now I'm glad they did!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2009, 06:01 PM   #147  
Polyshrink Goddess

An old Southern Living Chistmas book had the most beautiful envie made by putting tissue paper that already had a gold star pattern in it on freezer paper, ironing it, and cutting it out by a template. You could use any tissue paper that you thought was a pretty color or that had a lovely pattern and get gorgeous one of a kind envies. I love making my own envies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #148  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for that tip. I have some Tack it Over and Over and I am going to try it.
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #149  
Embossing Fanatic

I just tried this and it works great. Thanks for sharing.
On another note, the library I work at is re-tagging all of our items with a new security system. The tags are stickers that come on these huge rolls of wax paper just the the glue dots do. If anyone wants a small roll of paper send me a pm and I'll send some to you.

-Carrie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 08:00 AM   #150  
Stampin' Fool

This works GREAT
TFS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 02:28 AM   #151  
Embossing Fanatic

Did you try it yet MariLynn?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #152  
Matboard Maniac

Just saw a video where someone used the left over Xyron white sheets to put these on. Thought I'd share. I think my glue has dried up so need to try to find more and all I have in town is Hobby Lobby and JoAnns.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #153  
Embossing Fanatic

Wow!! Thanks so much for sharing this. I'm going to try and make some of this tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2010, 05:33 AM   #154  
Matboard Maniac

I have to share this. I couldn't find any Etack it over and over glue in town so since DH was out of town, sent him to Michaels to buy some. He calls me 3 times, what is it? I told him and said it's NOT TACKY GLUE, has to tack it over...he says they don't have it. FInally he asks and bought me TWO bottles. So I've made tons of the little buggers. I have started using the tape from my ATG gun so I can wrap it around a ribbon spool. It works great and so the dots. It's so nice to not worry about using them up, being able to 2 or 3 or however many I want on my buttons or other embellishments. Just wish I would have seen this thread before I just spend $9 on some new ones in different sizes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2010, 10:02 AM   #155  
Glitter Queen

Lots and lots of good ideas all through this thread!

http://thisdmnhouse.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2010, 07:09 AM   #156  
Polyshrink Goddess

I use this technique all the time now! I squeeze mine out on the old roll of paper I had from when I used to actually BUY glue dots. Now I never buy them anymore!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2010, 07:22 AM   #157  
Rubber Obsessor

Location: Home is where the heart is - in my fabulous new stamping room!
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is awesome since I am the Queen of dimensionals. Now I can have any size I want .
AWESOME! Thanks for sharing

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 03:35 PM   #158  
Kookie Creator

Going to make these as soon as I get some tack it over & over!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2010, 02:26 AM   #159  
Cardstock Collector

Wow, glue dots!!! I love them, but they're so expensive. I sneak them in and use them during card classes while everyone is struggling with the tacky glue. Thank you so much for your suggestion! Now I'll spend tomorrow hunting for the glue, but I doubt I'll find it in our area. Shucks, my DH just returned from Las Vegas where he could have looked for it at Michael's.

I also liked the suggestion about silicone and I'll give that a try too. I noticed that the dimensional dots that I use for height does look like silicone and I'm almost out of those too.

Thank you for the suggestions!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #160  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW! These gluedots are PERFECT. Thank You so much for posting about them AliceSue!

I used the sticker sheet from the back of discarded CD labels (knew i was hoarding thatpack of "garbage" through 5 house-moves for something! lol) It seems to work better than wax paper...it's like sticker sheet backing. Little miss stamper did a great video on the technique here: YouTube - Homemade Glue Dots

To get my gluedots very small and thin, i dabbed small circles of the glue on with a paper piercing tool then smooshed the sticker sheet against them while wet, opened it again & let it set... perfectamundo! They stick incredibly well even when really small. I'll be making more for sure!

Anyone know of thin acid free foam? I wanna make homemade dimensional foam squares, but am worried about them not being archival.
Reply With Quote Likes