Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! How to resize a digi stamp on a Mac?

I'm new to buying digi stamps and just bought my first one last night, but now comes the hard part. How do I resize it on my Mac? I'm not all that familiar with all that my Mac can do. I've downloaded it to a folder on my desktop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really in the mood to color and this is frustrating the heck out of me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,501 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kz61View Post
I'm new to buying digi stamps and just bought my first one last night, but now comes the hard part. How do I resize it on my Mac? I'm not all that familiar with all that my Mac can do. I've downloaded it to a folder on my desktop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really in the mood to color and this is frustrating the heck out of me.
I don't know even how to do it on a PC. So I will sub and maybe someone will tell us both! I have gotten some free digis and when I save it , it saves it in photos, and I can't get it anywhere to resize it. Help me too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

There are many graphic editing programs available, and most computers come with at least a most basic one installed. I am not familiar with Mac, but on Windows you will usually find the Paint program installed. If you open your digital stamp in Paint or a similar program, you will find you can resize the image.

One of the most commonly used graphic editing programs is Photoshop Elements, though this requires a software purchase.

Hope this helps a bit. If I knew which programs you had I might be able to help a bit more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 184 Likes on 152 Posts

On my PC I have Windows, so I open a Word Document, and click on, insert a picture, then I click on the location of my digital image. My digital image shows up in the Word document with a box around it and it has small circles at the corners. When I left click on one of those small circles and move my mouse, the image gets larger or smaller depending on what I want.

So try to use whatever word processing program your MAC uses. Hope this helps.
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2011, 04:12 AM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for all of the PC users who have sent in their directions, it is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately a Mac is different and it took me quite a few hours of playing around, and trial and error. I think I have found "a way" to do it. I'm not sure it's the right way or not, but it is working ok for now. I am using keynote for anyone who is reading this and is a Mac user. I dragged the image to a blank page in keynote and adjusted size from there. I'm going to send an email to the digi stamp company I bought from and see if they have Mac directions. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2011, 04:32 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 184 Likes on 152 Posts

I googled this and there seems to be lots of results
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2011, 04:43 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

I checked those out myself. I had my ds look as well since he is very well versed with Macs(works with them all day). Those are for photos. I had even imported the digi into Iphoto and tried to do as they suggested. Working with Keynote was really the trick. It was like working with Word. Thanks all. HAGD!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #8  
Inking Addict

when I open my digi's on my macbook pro, its just the image. I have them in a folder under "downloads" and from there I can change the percentage and it re-sizes it that way. I wanted to do it in word but I don't have it. I never thought of keynote! DUH! I actually resized them at work, shhhhh, and saved them as a PDF and emailed it to myself at home.

My Blog- A work in progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I use inkscape... Not only for creating svg's but great for laying a digi out anywhere on the page that you want to print it. It's great if you want to position a few stamps on one printout. I find word tricky because of having to deal with justification and wrapping and yada yada. Inkscape and Gimp are my two best friends for digis! I believe they are both available for Mac and PC, and both are free too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #10  
Glitter Queen

I love Photoshop... it's so easy to use and has unlimited capabilities... to size an image, you just click on "size" and put in whatever size you want... I don't understand pixels so always change it to inches (which I do). LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #11  
Kookie Creator

@WoodyStamper I'm with ya on the pixels... We'll leave those for people who use PSE for less fun stuff than digis
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahh, finally some folks asking about the mac. I asked this question ages ago and got no response. I bought pixelmator, it's very inexpensive, at least when I purchased it, but can find no tutorials on using it for digi's and I know you can, just can't find out how. So gonna sub for now. May see if I can try out the keynote idea.
Reply With Quote Likes