Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harry Potter Howler instructions from VSN

Hi guys.
Several people have asked for the instructions for making the Howler I made for the VSN A Little Bit of Magic challenge. I'm going to do my best to explain, but honestly, it wasn't very precise--I just played until it looked right!

I made 2 cootie catchers...you know, those things we made as kids to tell fortunes...pick a color...pick a number...you will marry Brad and have 3 kids. Here's a link with pretty good instructions.

http://www.girlpower.gov/GIRLAREA/ga...tiecatcher.htm

The first cootie catcher was made of red vellum (why did I have red vellum? Who knows. Obviously I bought it for something a long time ago and never used it). Cardstock would really be too thick, but any 2-sided red paper would work. The second cootie catcher was made from white marker paper, but again..any white paper would work. I used 9x9 pieces of paper to make mine, but 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 would also work.

I made one red cootie catcher and one white one. I nestled the white CC (cootie catcher) inside the red one. Then I clipped almost all of the outside white flaps away exposing the red CC underneath, but left about a 1/2 " flap. I then cut zig-zag teeth into those flaps and folded them forward so they would be inside the red CC. I used a little mono in stategic places to hold the white CC inside the red one. The I covered the red vellum with ultra-fine red glitter (I used mod-podge as an adhesive. That made the edges curl a little, but ut added to the charm). I used yellow and brown stampin pastels to age the white CC a little, and then covered it with diamond dust.

I don't know if that makes any sense, but that's how it came together. Just paly with it and see what happens!

Good Luck!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 07:04 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

THANKS!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 07:07 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the directions. The next movie comes out on my DS and DH birthday. I think these would be great for invites.

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

love this thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes