Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glue pad

I just bought a Martha Stewart glue pad and can't figure out how to use it properly. It's driving me crazy because I'd really like to use it! Please help!
Thanks.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 12:37 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

you have to put the glue on the pad
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

ok, but how much? do you have to seal it with anything? ???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I finally through mine away. too much hassel. And yes I put the glue on the pad :eyeroll: nice answer btw.... I couldn't figure it out either and the lid stuck to it but the images didn't get sticky enough to hold glitter and it just wasn't worth it. :(

View my BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by austamperView Post
I finally through mine away. too much hassel. And yes I put the glue on the pad :eyeroll: nice answer btw.... I couldn't figure it out either and the lid stuck to it but the images didn't get sticky enough to hold glitter and it just wasn't worth it. :(
well, guess I should be glad I didn't pay a lot for it! I did put glue on it too but you never know how much to use. Thanks for replying!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2008, 09:14 AM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Default Glue Pad

For a simple/easy glue pad try the Glue Pad from Tsukineko. It is a cold pad and really simple to use. Use do add the glue to the pad the first time. It is just like reinking any other ink pad. The 'trick' to this pad is......create your image/watermark, add glitter.....take a wood block stamp, turn it upside down and 'press' the glue into the image. TADA, that's it......so fast!

Enjoy....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 06:18 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

I really like my martha glue pad. I used about a quarter of the refill to get the pad gluey (technical term). stamp as you would with any stamp pad and sprinkle giltter on immediately. It does not hold a lot of glitter just a hint of glitter where the image stamped. Fine line stamps obviously will hold less glitter. I found it far easier than the heat and stick type products. I also learned on another thread that burnishing helps although I really didn't need to and the glitter is still stuck after a month or so. The key to it seems to get the glitter on asap as the glue does dry quickly. Again this is a subtle glitter effect, if you want a thicker layer of glitter I'd go with a glue pen and outline where you want your sparkle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 06:28 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialeditionsView Post
For a simple/easy glue pad try the Glue Pad from Tsukineko. It is a cold pad and really simple to use. Use do add the glue to the pad the first time. It is just like reinking any other ink pad. The 'trick' to this pad is......create your image/watermark, add glitter.....take a wood block stamp, turn it upside down and 'press' the glue into the image. TADA, that's it......so fast!

Enjoy....

another vote for the Tsukineko pad! Its awesome with glitter, pearl ex, micro beads, flock!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkView Post
I really like my martha glue pad. I used about a quarter of the refill to get the pad gluey (technical term). stamp as you would with any stamp pad and sprinkle giltter on immediately. It does not hold a lot of glitter just a hint of glitter where the image stamped. Fine line stamps obviously will hold less glitter. I found it far easier than the heat and stick type products. I also learned on another thread that burnishing helps although I really didn't need to and the glitter is still stuck after a month or so. The key to it seems to get the glitter on asap as the glue does dry quickly. Again this is a subtle glitter effect, if you want a thicker layer of glitter I'd go with a glue pen and outline where you want your sparkle.
This was very informative! Thank you so much!!! Sorry, but I'm new to burnishing. What is it and how do you do it? And, what's it good for?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 11:09 AM   #10  
Glitter Queen

I own the Tsukineko glue pad and it works wonderfully. I'm making 65 invitations for my niece's first birthday and I used the glue pad for glitter. It works great, just remember that you should let it dry completely after adding your glitter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2008, 05:58 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetygirlView Post
This was very informative! Thank you so much!!! Sorry, but I'm new to burnishing. What is it and how do you do it? And, what's it good for?
burnishing is rubbing it down before it's dry some use a piece of waxed paper laid on top then rub over it with finger or some flat tool. helps anything lying on top of the glue get pressed firmly down into it. I didn't really find it necessary with the glue pad because it's such a thin layer of glue but if your a little slow adding the glitter it couldn't hurt to burnish it to help it adhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

I have a Palette stamp and stick gluepad. It is heat activated and I am not doing something right. Any ideas for this type of pad?

Thanks, Angie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 02:22 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntangieView Post
I have a Palette stamp and stick gluepad. It is heat activated and I am not doing something right. Any ideas for this type of pad?

Thanks, Angie
I found out online that it's best to use this glue pad on glossy cardstock. Stamp ,use heat gun to activate glue then quickly add your glitter and burnish. I was underimpressed with this glue and don't work on glossy cardstock often so I purchased a martha stewart gluepad. Check above posts for how to use this. The Tsukineko glue pad is also not heat activated but is not available to me in my area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, so it sounds like it was not the best option for what I bought it for. I got it because it was recomended in a class I took. We used it for applying gold leaf to embossing paste after it was dry. It worked fine in the class but I haven't gotten it to work well for anything since then.

Thank you,
Angie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntangieView Post

Thanks, Angie
I also have the palette and can't get it to work. I have heated it just a bit and that did not work so I added more heat and that didn't work. I would also like to know how to work this.
Thanks for any help.

The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear.Psalm 27:1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 06:24 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

I thought maybe I was over heating it, but maybe I am not working quickly enough after I heat it? I don't use it much because I get frustrated with it.

Angie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #17  
Kookie Creator

I too along with Hawk like my MS glue pad better than my Palette we did by a glue refile for the Palette cuz it just did not seem to juciy for the glitter to stick to. My MS worked just fine for the glitter surprise cards that I did at halloween for my club members and employes. Made about 24 cards with no problem.Just stamp like usual and sprinkle on glitter and let dry over night still on. The only bad thing is I left the thin cover over mine and it stuck to the pad when I went to use it again so I through it away probley will have to reink it more now but not sure where to find that my stores do not have it neither dose the web site. I eaven ask at the site and they emailed me back saying they did not know what I was talking about cuz they did not sell it to me even though it was there product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #18  
Inking Addict

I too have the palette and I tried everything I heard of and nothing would stick. Off to look for the MS one now.
Reply With Quote Likes